[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

I'm wondering if there is another viable legendary that boosts aoe dmg, because right now a carcass jack, would be almost insanely hard to roll the right colored gem sockets. got any ideas? these are my current weapon and chest.

"
Messerschmitt wrote:
I thought I hit the holy grail with a cheap, high-end Marohi but it feels somewhat lackluster ...

Also, I am sure it's been asked but there are a lot of pages to cover. Would it be feasible to replace Hatred with Herald of Ice until Mana is less of an issue or in general?

Marohi is good, but it's too slow to be quicker then all the monsters. Fine to level up with in merc, but when you start mapping you want something faster, and keep the marohi as a heavy strike boss killer.

Mana will always be an issue im afraid.
+mana on hit
%mana leech
Rallying cry
should be anough, just don't expect to 8x ice crash in a row,
it's usually sufficient to do 4-5 crashes and then leapslam-bloodmagic to refresh fortify/endurance charges.

"
xlilflamexd wrote:
I'm wondering if there is another viable legendary that boosts aoe dmg, because right now a carcass jack, would be almost insanely hard to roll the right colored gem sockets. got any ideas? these are my current weapon and chest.

There's coronal maul with 6% implicit. Pillar of the god staff. And that's about it I think.

When you socket ice crash in your chest, it'll be abit easier with the extra blue socket. However, since you've got a 6L weapon it's a puzzle indeed.

P.S. Have you tried Hypothermia instead of faster attacks in your icecrash setup yet?
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 27, 2015, 1:17:35 PM
Hey I was talking to the creator of this build about what to do with the mana issues that come with a 6 link weapon. His help allowed me to figure out a way to manage my mana to maximize the damage out of my weapon instead of using blood magic, and he asked me to post on the thread after I said thanks for helping me out.

I didn't screencap my rings but they're not specific to the mana issue by themselves, I crafted mana regen on both my rings to help out.

I did screencap my stats, weapon, and the items that met my mana requirements, and is linked below.

Amulet (I bought this for 2 chaos)
Spoiler

Jewel
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

My stats
Spoiler

Ice Crash tooltip
Spoiler

The advice he gave was getting my unreserved mana equal to 2.5 times the ice crash mana cost. He also suggested removing increased burning damage from my herald of ash link to lessen the reserve cost, as my mana was really lacking. After these adjustments and the new amulet my mana pool was sufficient, and the jewel and mana leech on the new amulet gave me the sustain I need.

Much appreciation to the OP for helping me out, and hopefully this post will help others out with any mana issues.
hey man can you do an ice crash build with dory cata + soul taker duals?
hey,

can you please have a look at my char and tree please ?

dont know exactly where a should start upgrading now.
just tried some lvl 67 maps and they went very smooth, but i still have slightly mana issues, so this is why i use one mana flask.

my skill tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEB3ASzB3UJlg3NFCAaOBzOIVUnLytQLPst0jH7OQ453TrYOzs8BT0PPfxBP0PnR35QR1HmWGNeE18_ZU1mVGjycql2rHdTd-N35XlofLt82YKbhNmE74VShXuHaooikFWQbJSHl3maO5tYnsWf36IAqSepbqmUrY2vp702vqfAZsCmwQTEWMT2xtjPftlh3D3fsuRR5LHqGOsJ7DjvDu988B_2SPcy_lQ=?accountName=hekkktorr&characterName=Vmann

thanks in advance =)
"
Messatsu wrote:
Hey I was talking to the creator of this build about what to do with the mana issues that come with a 6 link weapon. His help allowed me to figure out a way to manage my mana to maximize the damage out of my weapon instead of using blood magic, and he asked me to post on the thread after I said thanks for helping me out.

Thx for posting, seems alot of people are struggling with this mana problem with a 6L. Hope it'll help others.

"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
hey man can you do an ice crash build with dory cata + soul taker duals?

I think there's some around. Crit and non crit dual wielders. just gotta search for em. Still wanna make the build on tempest, so haven't got the resources / time to make it on the new leagues.

"
hekkktorr wrote:
hey,
can you please have a look at my char and tree please ?
dont know exactly where a should start upgrading now.
just tried some lvl 67 maps and they went very smooth, but i still have slightly mana issues, so this is why i use one mana flask.
thanks in advance =)

-First thing I saw was: rallycry-bloodrage-hatred-enduringcry
I would swap out enduring cry for increased duration, and put the enduring cry somewhere in your vengeance gem setup. This wil ensure your rallying cry will give you mana for a decent amount of time.

- Second thing is just preferential, if you want to run a flame golem and make the vengeance setup even smaller. But I can understand you like it to do alot of damage/leech. Leapslam should give you anough endurance charges though, so I'd swap out endurance charge on melee stun for enduring cry.

-Third thing is, I did not see any manaleech on your gear, is it from the jewel you have socketed in your tree?

-Fourth thing is, you have a very speedy weapon, but it's damage is on the low side for mapping. So the reason you go out of mana is because the monsters need too many hits to die. Yes it's nicely 5linked, but you'd do more damage with a decent 4link. So by loosing added fire, you'd still do more DPS even though the weapon is abit slower and 4linked.

You could still save the weapon for a heavy strike setup to kill bosses. I suspect that's the main problem, the single target mana problem.

About your tree, if you got anough regrets/respec points, I'd trim the endurance nodes at the templar, and take the duelist ones, so you can remove the 8%mana node close to revelry.
Solid tree, I gues you can start saving up some respec/regrets to get unwavering/stun nodes while you getting close to higher maps.

P.S. Just got back from vac, my little marauder entered tempest merciless today. Posted some updates of the gear he used in the leveling guide.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 28, 2015, 3:27:37 PM
hi first of all thx for this build have a lot of fun

just got
with 4 red color im so happy (now need to work on 1500 fusing ouf..)

also got this baby 1 week ago
504 dps so with this dps (25k with all buff) i decide to run arctic armour and with chaos golem i feel so much more resistant also with 4850 hp (i run Hypothermia what do you think arctic armour versus herald of ash? )

also with golem since you need level 22 to have 5% phys reduction i only have 140 intel and i dont think the investment in more intel is worth it only for more minion hp same for blood rage only have 146 dex for 1 attack speed less think is better to stay level 18. what to you think?

i use decoy totem also if you got the place to run it it so useful make hard boss so easy can be hard on mana that why i make this setup with blood magic

thx again for the guide and the time you take to reply and all
Last edited by djeezo on Jul 28, 2015, 4:30:41 PM
"
djeezo wrote:
hi first of all thx for this build have a lot of fun

just got
with 4 red color im so happy (now need to work on 1500 fusing ouf..)

Thats just frigging awesome!

"
djeezo wrote:
also got this baby 1 week ago
504 dps so with this dps (25k with all buff) i decide to run arctic armour and with chaos golem i feel so much more resistant also with 4850 hp (i run Hypothermia what do you think arctic armour versus herald of ash? )

You don't get hit much at that stage, and I Like the herald too much to drop for AA. Arctic breath-cwdt-incdura-gmp can give alot of chilled ground too when it's really needed, but for trash leapslam chills, and for bosses ice crash chills anough. Nice to see you got that hypothermia to 20%, you probably locking down all the bosses with conc effect swap.

"
djeezo wrote:

also with golem since you need level 22 to have 5% phys reduction i only have 140 intel and i dont think the investment in more intel is worth it only for more minion hp same for blood rage only have 146 dex for 1 attack speed less think is better to stay level 18. what to you think?

Yes, you need alot of Int, but sometimes you got a 60 int amulet or 50 int helm and then you're pretty close. But that's a rather rare helm: 500+ Armor or eva with +2 minion, life , resist and int. Although might be cheap, since people might think the +2 minionm sucks on non ES helms.
and Yes, the 146 dex for 1 attackspeed doesn't matter much. I once leveled up my Vaal haste to high, and then you cannot vendor recipy it back one level lower since it's corrupted. Rather stay abit lower, just in case.

"
djeezo wrote:

i use decoy totem also if you got the place to run it it so useful make hard boss so easy can be hard on mana that why i make this setup with blood magic

I didn't like decoy totem too much, too defensive, and it's slow casting. I'd rather stay on the agressive side of things. With that gear, you can swap in conc effect-inc aoe and a stun gem-wed to lock any hard boss down.

"
djeezo wrote:

thx again for the guide and the time you take to reply and all

You're most welcome, have fun!
@Minstrelshadrak
talking about 50 intel helm
:)

got 1 more question what do you think better for me this setup i got now with vengeance, life leech,endurance change, melee phys or the set up you where talking about Arctic breath-cwdt-inc dura-gmp
(look very interesting)

thx
Nice looking build, one point under your 1.2 tree you use 2 points connecting under warriors blood that dont need to be there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info