[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

thx for your in depth review of my gear.
and yea you got me with my rarity jewlery :D

i cant do multicraft on vegan though cus iam not that rich and dont even got the lvl.
i was just lucky to find 1ex to buy the 6linked weapon.

thx very much helps alot

Hi

all links to talent trees pointing to poe.db are not working (it states "Poedb no longer active."). Would it be possible to post them on poe.builder or create one "final" one and add it to first/second post?

Thanks
To the OP:

I have been reading your build and most of the posts in this thread while waiting on Warbands to come to a close. I have a level 64 Marauder I'm thinking of bringing out of the moth balls and giving this a go.

The stun aspect of your build appears to be the primary key to its success, obviously gear comes into play but your description of stun locking Dominus in the level 78 caught my attention and really got to thinking with the possibilities.

I will probably start later tonight, but really not too sure which gear pieces are better suited for the higher levels - say 85 and above. My Mace & Chest Piece are a given, its more the gloves, boots, helm & belt where the choices are somewhat broad.

Here goes: Mace & Chest

Gloves - Boots - Helm & Belt

Your suggestion with Heavy Hit from the offhand weapon is a great idea - I will probably sneak this guy in there:

The added stun reduction I will need to search out on other items I have to try and get all the stun aspects addressed as well. There was a discussion regarding armor and evasion, some suggestion where all armor may not be the best route, truthfully I have no idea which works or not, I typically have tried in the past to just overpower what I run up against and not always successful due in part to reflect. I rarely ck what I'm up against until it is too late. So in a word, help is desired on anything you think might help, thanks.

The more I look at this build and take in all the comments from others, I am thinking your build could, in say 30 more levels around lvl 94 or so could very well be successful in Uber - ya think?

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Sep 30, 2015, 1:20:23 PM
Well I geared up my guy with just stuff from standard and he starts out with 18k dps in hideout, but mana is a bit of an issue.

I went through normal & cruel to get the 1 point from act 4, that is where I noticed the mana issue, but it should be pretty easy to fix.

As I said the gems and gear are not what I will be wearing when Warbands ends on Friday.

No jewels yet - 2 selected thus far - getting stunned a bit but I expected a bit of that, looking forward to leveling this guy for a while.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Sep 30, 2015, 3:07:20 PM
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
getting stunned a bit but I expected a bit of that,

On the high maps that a problem. Let's say an unwavering pack jumps you and stuns you.
This is why I don't mind giving up evasion for cannot be stunned.

Great gear btw, although for the biggest bosses you probably need even more reduced stun treshold. The axe is nice for one on one fights, but most boss rooms fill up with adds pretty quickly these days.

-I've updated my stun guide. Might be some help for sources.
Stun Guide

-Wanted to stunlock 82 maps in party with a support char. But I ran out of time, so couldn't do it in warbands. Well perhaps after the monthly I'll give it a go.

-Will cut the guide in half and fix links after I rip in the monthly. Probably alot of double info everywhere.

-Finished a map pool guide.
Map Pool Guide
@Minstrelshadrak
"
cartmancz wrote:
Hi

all links to talent trees pointing to poe.db are not working (it states "Poedb no longer active."). Would it be possible to post them on poe.builder or create one "final" one and add it to first/second post?

Thanks

Deleted alot of tree links, posted some new in leveling guide.

Been a while since I worked on this thread, so I've gotten rusty on all build variants and trees.

I should cut the whole post down by 90% of it's current size to make it readable and fast.

Probably most important is 1 general tree, possible gem links and explanation about mana management and stun.

I think the HC tempest character video's contain anough extra information if people like to know more.
@Minstrelshadrak
This is my tree of 72 as an Iron Reflex Templar:

I followed your Marauder Tree, but I felt it necessary to capitalize on the Iron Reflexes, since I really love IR in non-evasion/Energy Shield builds. It makes a massive impact and increases the sorts of equipment you can use by 2x. Instead of always having to use Armor plates. I find it also easier to gain loads of evasion then loads of armor, so there's that too..

Here's my gear(As of now, needs vast improvement)

Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

By the by, I LOVE YOUR BUILD. OMG so much raw damage and power. the Ice flask makes Elemental Reflect a thing of the past. I just need more HP now. I'm sitting on like 2,860... and I need more XD So I know where I am going next.

10/10 this build, I vouch the shizzle styx out your build bre-bre-bre.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on Dec 13, 2015, 4:39:13 PM
revisited this old build,

having good fun in perandus HC
@Minstrelshadrak
Firstly, as a new player I want to say thank you very much for taking the time to go over your build in such depth. Watching all your videos has really helped shape my understanding of the play style and the game itself, allowing me to approach the game in a very enjoyable way! Me and a couple friends have started to play HC together and I was wondering with this build if Duelist was possible?

Duelist Champion:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHnBLMFLQmWC2EMXxLhFCAUTRXsGJEaOBo-GlUcpyPTJy8pLiyULlM1kjboOQ47OzwFPC1BP0MxR35M_1BHUeZTpVcNWfNfP2EhYhdlTWebaGVo8m8ncql07Xasd1N71Hy4fNmCB4Nfg8yElITZhO-HaolxivCMz49gkFWQbJHOlIeWbJd5mAqaap7Fns2iAKLqpzCpJ6mUrKqtja4-r2y2pLc-uR28n702vqfAZsSCxPbGrsqQz37SIdNv1ljYvdlh2Xzawd6W37LiQ-RR6UbqGOsJ7FzvDu988B_xrPIv8kHyRfOb9kj3MvxL_go=

Duelist Slayer:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHnBLMFLQmWDF8McA3NEuEUIBRNFPYV7BiRGjgaPhpVHKccziPTJy8pLitQLlM26DkOOtg7Ozu2PAU8LT0PQT9DMUOjR35M_1BHUeZTpVcNXz9hIWVNaGVo8m8ncql07Xasd1N673y4fLt82YIHg1-E2YTvhjuHKYdqivCPYJBVkGyRzpSHlmyXeZgKmmqexZ7Nn9-iAKLqpTWnMKknqZStja9sr6e2pLkdvJ-9Nr6nwGbEgsT2xYrGrsqQz37SIdNv1ljZYdl82sHelt-y4kPkUelG6hjvDu9879HwH_Gs8i_yQfOb9WH3MvxL_lQ=

(Reasoning behind Champion is fortify and party buff, reasoning behind Slayer is the stuns and increased survival in ref maps? Or maybe the leech would be better...)

Or ultimately is the Marauder simply too good to pass up with Juggernaut?

Sorry for the wall of text, but if anyone could help out that would be excellent! Again, thank you for all the work you have put into this build.

Very cool build. But in my opinion OP should've been updated, to avoid confusion.

* Working skill tree (links are from older version, and do not show properly)
* Some section about Ascendancy classes

Anyway

Here is my guy
Any suggestions?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAGRAdwEswUtB3UJlg3NFCAU9hnpHM4hVScgJy8rUCz7LdI26DkOOd062Ds7PAU9Dz38QKBG10d-UEdR5lcpWGNYr14TXz9gkWDEYVJlTWZUaPJxhXIPcql2rHdTd-N35Xloeu98u3zZgpuE2YVShXuGO4Zgh2qKIozPkFWUb5d5mjuexZ_fogCpbqmUrY2vp7FCvTa-p8BmwQTEFcS4xPbG2M9-1fjZYdw95FHkreSx6hjrCew47w7vTu988B_zEfZI9zL-VA==
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Sep 1, 2016, 1:11:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info