State of the Beta - Post #5

No info on new leagues cept they're working hard on it? Carl you are such a tease lol
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
"
Hellus666 wrote:
I buy awakening pack and cant download beta, only see "signup" button on beta page :(

Check your mail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0
"
ckay27 wrote:
Say we were halfway through level 19 of a spell gem upon implementation of this patch; will this possibly now be maxed out (level 20) or will it be scaled back?

I would assume it would just be scaled back.
"The art for these areas, and the large fights included, add a lot to the experience. The artists have really pushed the boundaries, of their own skill, and the level of unpleasantness and horror."

After Piety? That's saying something.
Elder Shaper of Play-Doh
am i the only one thinking that ranged attack builds are left behind?
melles and casters still have a lot more options to choose from and offering various options to builds.

greetz
yo' mom is my daily.
Still a MAJOR issue is almost ZERO scaling to armor/evasion/energy shield. The base numbers are pathetically small and USELESS. It completely REQUIRES mods to add extra then multiply all of it, to make it usable. It should be the OPPOSITE. Armor/evasion/energy shield should scale by difficulty in the game, and be far LESS depended on multipliers. Without the better scaling, it makes self found almost useless.

But then the tricky part. How many points for each? The max? 75% reduction/dodge, es gets more because there is no dodge or damage reduction. De-nerf shields.

Then we run into the next problem. Most skill gems are WORTHLESS. Of all the fire/lightning/cold spells guess now many are actually effective? That's right, very few. That does NOT mean nerfing the good ones, but instead increasing the damage of bad ones. De-nerf spell and ranged totem. The only thing it's really good for is skeletons. And i've NEVER seen anyone using the ranged totem (hint: might be time to improve it) After all, wasn't this game created for many builds (make your own) instead of the extreme few it allows now most others will fail?

Then the next problem. Passive tree nerfing. Ondar's guile, for example, is really WORTHLESS now. With the extreme amount of damage monsters do now, giving that and extra damage on it against you almost GUARANTEES your death. Only the experts that can actually keep out of melee range, can benefit from that. Most ppl can't do that. If you want to nerf it, lessen the dodge %, NOT 20% less to evade melee. Pretty stupid using EVASION and then NOT allowed to use EVASION on melee. You can't dodge forever and many times there is no choice. And with the extra damage monster do, It's becoming even more worthless to use evasion. Since ONE hit will kill you. (also notice many more hits are using chaos damage as well. That adds to next problem). Not enough nodes in the tree to resist chaos.

And then the next problem. Many nodes ARE NEVER USED. That means it's time to CHANGE IT for the better. COMBINE few. Give us a few more passive points to build with.
GG GGG per usual
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Way back when before act 3 I had posted how I would really love a biological disturbing mess of an area, all gorey and pussy and vomit inducing......THANKYOU GGG FOR IT SEEMS YOU HAVE MADE MY DREAMS COME TRUE &'D!!!!!

I CANT WAIIIIIITTTT!

P.S. I expect squeltching, farting and gurgling sounds in the environment and mobs too ;PPPP

GG GGG!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
can we change the color of scrolls, identify & portal... maybe portal is white bluish...

right now they all look same to me :) and most of the time instead of identifying an item, i am trying to open portal or vice versa, a bit annoying and fix is very easy to implement...
also, will you be adding something to distinguish visited/unvisited (fogged/unfogged) area on map/mini map? DIII has this right...

also, please add a count for "monster remaining (it may be if less than 20)"
It is really annoying each time to write "/remaining" and check it... i died a few times trying to do that :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info