State of the Beta - Post #5

I buy awakening pack and cant download beta, only see "signup" button on beta page :(
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
lolozori wrote:
2 years melee is in a bad spot and nothing been done until recently, casters get nerfed for 1 month few qq and it is already looked on and balanced back.

I mean why are you so in love with casters GGG? I wish Melee would have had the same love in past.

Also boost 2h please.

Those who play caster and range have had it good for so long they've been spoiled to the point where they didnt need player skill/ability to roll through content, in particular survival skills. Now they cry about defenses because you actually need some brains and skill to avoid taking too much dmg and RIP, well melee has been dealing with this for years and GGG did nothing.

In most rpg games caster is supposed to be a bit squishy, in live there are no downsides to being caster or ranger, the stats on char choices every race and league dont lie.

For all the sad, spoiled casters out there, if you want to play like in live and faceroll everything with eyes closed, go ranger at least GGG wont touch that class, other than buffing it some more.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Any one from GGG here ?! I cant download beta client, why ?! I see only signed up button...
"
Hellus666 wrote:
Any one from GGG here ?! I cant download beta client, why ?! I see only signed up button...

Not to be overly rude, but this isn't your personal support forum/thread. The very first thing at the top of every PoE webpage and the very last thing at the bottom are hyper links to 'contact support'. Hit Ctrl+F and search for support if you still can't find them...I'm sure they would be happy to help you using the official channels.

And to say something on topic,

"
Those who play caster and range have had it good for so long they've been spoiled to the point where they didnt need player skill/ability to roll through content, in particular survival skills. Now they cry about defenses because you actually need some brains and skill to avoid taking too much dmg and RIP, well melee has been dealing with this for years and GGG did nothing.

I don't think 'casters have had it good forever' is a good reason to have balance issues now. IF it is the case that casters are too weak (and I have no opinion on the veracity of this claim) then they should be buffed to a point of reasonable balance.
Last edited by innervation on Jun 1, 2015, 1:39:03 PM
Problem solved, I REDEEM my closed beta key :P
Last edited by Hellus666 on Jun 1, 2015, 1:39:35 PM
Good <3
I think deterministic lockstep will hopefully solve melee QOL issues. I may try hardcore again. The reason why I only played softcore is desync. I mean why even try when you already know you won't make it to endgame without dying and end up in softcore anyway. There are a lot of people that managed to survive HC into endgame or even to lvl 100 with desync. I'm not one of them obviously, but with deterministic lockstep maybe some day I can be.

So stop QQing over class differences already. There will be always differences between classes and there will be always weaker/stronger classes just as there is good and bad.

If I were you I would be celebrating that OUR BIG ENEMY: DESYNC is hopefully gone forever.

Oh if I were able to count the posts that asked for DESYNC to be solved and the number of people who answered that it can't be solved. Even GGG was on a standpoint once where they saw no resolve for it. Thank God they changed their mind and worked around the issue.

Nice work guys, keep it up, always!
Release it when it is ready. If that means September, so be it. I don't really care.

If you need the extra months, consider extending the current flashback leagues in time. Of course hand over the demis first next week when those leagues are supposed to end. But let people continue playing.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jun 1, 2015, 3:23:07 PM
New areas soon? Yes plzzz ^.^
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
jahcinto wrote:

A Caster can be just as tanky as Melee, and dodge/evade just as much as a Ranger; as in the same tree is shared by all classes, nevertheless your starting point, 120 points are enough for any class reach any side.

Due to fortify casters cannot be as tanky as melee. Due to the fact that you have to travel all the way across the tree to pick up armor/evasion/dodge casters investing in similar numbers in this area will give up a tremendous amount of damage. This is aside from the fact that casters wearing gear correlating to these defensive mechanics will have an incredible time trying to get the right colors on their links. Really don't know how you can justify this statement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info