Surveyed 100 people name something people do right before hitting ALT F4

Been playing beta for a few days and haven't desynced or lagged at all, so id be fine if they took alt-f4 out and re balanced the game accordingly. But some people cant use lockstep or get some lag with it if their net isn't stable so alt-f4 needs to stay for now. (that being said i did alt-f4 after a ghosted merci weaver jumped on me, but a portal probably would have been fine since i could see exactly what was happening in real-time) god i love lock step
Go AB's
Alt-F4 wont work if you lag. There's no way the server would know you've done it.
Say.. "Oh Fuck!" ... But i dont Hit F-4 when i say that either! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 26, 2015, 2:05:34 AM
But people dont alt-f4 because they lagged, they alt-f4 because of desync, which has nothing to do with lag. It has to do with the server "assuming" your movements incorrectly, and spending time to catch up. When it catches up, is when you teleport backwards or enemies are all the sudden in front of you. It's got nothing to do with poor ping. In fact, the predictive movement works better WITH poor ping than without.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is quite a bit different than dog/horse. Cheating means to play by a different rule standard. There are various rule standards available. There's nothing wrong with some people considering Alt-F4 cheating and others not.

Unless you just want to argue semantics.

well you can make your own personal guidelines but other people that dont adhere to them are not cheaters

GGG makes the rules and decides what is cheating anything else is just your own playstyle preferences which is fine

[...]

This. The actual company defines what they want in their game and what not.
Other meanings are personal preferences. Alt+F4 cheating ... lol ....

"
draktok wrote:
But people dont alt-f4 because they lagged, they alt-f4 because of desync, which has nothing to do with lag.

Yes, but there's another point:

People ALt+F4 because of toasters. As me. ALt+F4 counters extreme FPS-Drops in ugly situations, so people like me could playing Hardcore on a potato ;)
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Well this derailed quickly.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

BTW: Which Family Feud? The one ones with Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, or Steve Harvey? I'll show my age and say I've seen them all.

I call shenanigans. No one will freely admit to watching the Louie Anderson ones.

And I'll go with "Hit Flicker Strike".
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
nobody gave a crap about this until diablo 3.
Its intended feature, to add a timer you need to streamline monster damage further, making the game a borefest like said game.
Not to mention all the cases where this will get an unjust death to people with net or toaster problems.
My modem resets once every few days automatically, you mean that I am supposed to die as to satisfy your superiority complex?

EDIT: oops, that was some mistake haha.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 26, 2015, 10:16:17 AM
I love how Hardcore players call softcore players carebears , when 99% of HC players use Alt F4 . :P
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
"
Nodders wrote:
I love how Hardcore players call softcore players carebears , when 99% of HC players use Alt F4 . :P

both hardcore and softcore players use alt F4 and theres nothing wrong with that, the game is built around the ability to do that.

Thats why the damage is so spikey
I dont see any any key!
Sort drops of the day into respective stash tabs, thinking of running one more map, too tired.... Alt+F4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info