Surveyed 100 people name something people do right before hitting ALT F4

"
boesersven wrote:
Sort drops of the day into respective stash tabs, thinking of running one more map, too tired.... Alt+F4

reminds me...

Spoiler
am I the only one who logs out to save scrolls?

eh, maybe im cheap
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 26, 2015, 11:50:03 AM
"Surveyed 100 people name something people do right before hitting ALT F4"

1) Panic.

Other possible answers:

2) Shit their pants.
3) Curse GGG/PoE/[Enter Rogue Exile Name Here]

Pretty much /thread right here, boys.

"
Nodders wrote:
I love how Hardcore players call softcore players carebears , when 99% of HC players use Alt F4 . :P

Most SC players in the high 90s I personally know also use log out macros and Alt F4. Generalizations won't help here, they only make you look like a fool
"
Hartree wrote:
"
Nodders wrote:
I love how Hardcore players call softcore players carebears , when 99% of HC players use Alt F4 . :P

Most SC players in the high 90s I personally know also use log out macros and Alt F4. Generalizations won't help here, they only make you look like a fool

Oh snap he done got ya there lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Arrowneous wrote:

BTW: Which Family Feud? The one ones with Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley, or Steve Harvey? I'll show my age and say I've seen them all.

I'll show my age also. I'm old enough to remember the reason and fallout from the Richard Dawson years. I stopped watching before Ray Combs quit the show.

I sometimes miss being that kid sitting in the living room watching gameshows from 5-9pm.

How's this for a trip dowm memory lane, I had most of the gameshow PC ports. Mom thought they were educational.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
AST
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
+ See an unending army of Raging Spirits getting spawned in Haku's quest (seriously, this version of the quest is insane).
+ Lose lots of experience upon death.

PS : on potato computers, Alt+F4 doesn't always save you from death : there can be a noticeable delay between the moment you hit Alt+F4 and the moment the game is actually closed.
"
Hartree wrote:
"
Nodders wrote:

Most SC players in the high 90s I personally know also use log out macros and Alt F4.
But they are SC so they can do it as many times as they want. HC, on the other hand...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Nodders wrote:

both hardcore and softcore players use alt F4 and theres nothing wrong with that, the game is built around the ability to do that.

Thats why the damage is so spikey

Now thats the most ridiculous claim that i've seen in awhile ...
I imagine Chris says something along the lines : "Oh yea the alt+F4 ... it's an important game mechanic and a gameplay option for our players and we actually made the monster damage spikey because of this playstyle. It's just like using auras and movement skill ... it's a hidden defensive skill that doesn't require any skill gem or gear! Awesome right? We thought that it is too OP tho ... so we balanced it with spikey monster damage!"

I'm sorry man but ... no ... just no...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 28, 2015, 10:41:42 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Nodders wrote:

both hardcore and softcore players use alt F4 and theres nothing wrong with that, the game is built around the ability to do that.

Thats why the damage is so spikey

Now thats the most ridiculous claim that i've seen in awhile ...
I imagine Chris says something along the lines : "Oh yea the alt+F4 ... it's an important game mechanic and a gameplay option for our players and we actually made the monster damage spikey because of this playstyle. It's just like using auras and movement skill ... it's a hidden defensive skill that doesn't require any skill gem or gear! Awesome right? We thought that it is too OP tho ... so we balanced it with spikey monster damage!"

I'm sorry man but ... no ... just no...

Chris has said that they keep in mind that players can and will alt f4 when designing content

"
Chris wrote:
I played hardcore d2 for many years. I pressed alt-F4 once every few days on average. I cannot imagine an Action RPG design where it's blocked. We discussed this heavily when designing PoE. I'd love to find a solution (because I agree it's bad in principle), but being able to "Nope" out of situations drastically changes a lot about the game.
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on May 28, 2015, 11:40:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info