Legacy items are bullshit

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Believe me, that 500 flat life can be make or break for a build if the goal is to hit 100. Sure, that would mean the build wouldn't be HC viable, or lvl 100 temp league viable, at least not doing the same content one is in standard.

I can't agree with that statement, you are suggesting that a build can't get to level 100 without the difference of the legacy kaoms, its not the item that enables the player to get to 100, its the extra leway for mistakes, but the only circumstance where life = damage is RF, otherwise its just buffer and if you play properly you don't need that buffer, its quite clear from multiple level 100 characters over the past few leagues you don't need a kaom 1000 HP to get to level 100.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Believe me, that 500 flat life can be make or break for a build if the goal is to hit 100. Sure, that would mean the build wouldn't be HC viable, or lvl 100 temp league viable, at least not doing the same content one is in standard.

I can't agree with that statement, you are suggesting that a build can't get to level 100 without the difference of the legacy kaoms, its not the item that enables the player to get to 100, its the extra leway for mistakes, but the only circumstance where life = damage is RF, otherwise its just buffer and if you play properly you don't need that buffer, its quite clear from multiple level 100 characters over the past few leagues you don't need a kaom 1000 HP to get to level 100.

I'm suggesting a build doing crazy content.

You are reading any build doing limited content.

Context, always bad to ignore.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 23, 2015, 4:35:30 AM
"

And that there is the other thing I don't get. Was your leisure time any less enjoyable to you because somebody had something you didn't? Was your own custom build less novel to you? Was seeing it come to fruition any less satisfying?

That reek of entitlement infuriates me. It wasn't until you started comparing what you had to what your neighbor had that you started feeling slighted. It doesn't matter how often it gets repeated, the attitude is near-universal.

People don't resent the 1% because they're actively working against their interests, but simply because they don't happen to be in it. Somehow, they too rightfully deserve to be there.

And in a video game, it's not like these guys are lobbying against your best interests, corrupting the government, degrading your healthcare or sending off your sons to war. You're not fed any less. I really don't get it. They just want to have their private collections and sit on them.

Are you even able to read? I am the one in the position of power, with iiq and legacy uniques and so on. I said that I doubt I would play if I wasn't, due to being forced to rely upon the mercy of others to get on their level, no matter how much I try.

Stop trying to justify an unfair system just because you benefit from it. I benefit from it, and want it gone, so the game can go forward. So bosses can stop being balanced on gear that normal people will never have.

And learn to read before replying.
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"

And that there is the other thing I don't get. Was your leisure time any less enjoyable to you because somebody had something you didn't? Was your own custom build less novel to you? Was seeing it come to fruition any less satisfying?

That reek of entitlement infuriates me. It wasn't until you started comparing what you had to what your neighbor had that you started feeling slighted. It doesn't matter how often it gets repeated, the attitude is near-universal.

People don't resent the 1% because they're actively working against their interests, but simply because they don't happen to be in it. Somehow, they too rightfully deserve to be there.

And in a video game, it's not like these guys are lobbying against your best interests, corrupting the government, degrading your healthcare or sending off your sons to war. You're not fed any less. I really don't get it. They just want to have their private collections and sit on them.

Are you even able to read? I am the one in the position of power, with iiq and legacy uniques and so on. I said that I doubt I would play if I wasn't, due to being forced to rely upon the mercy of others to get on their level, no matter how much I try.

Stop trying to justify an unfair system just because you benefit from it. I benefit from it, and want it gone, so the game can go forward. So bosses can stop being balanced on gear that normal people will never have.

And learn to read before replying.

If you weren't in a position of "power," you'd perfectly resent those who are in it.
So yeah, the only injustice of the elite is when you're not in it.
At which point, you feel perfectly justified storming off in a huff.

I can't enjoy a 30% Lightning Coil build? Whyever not? Just because you have a 40% one?
Your tone speaks louder than the specific details of your argument. That's how little content there was to grasp.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 23, 2015, 4:42:25 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

I'm suggesting a build doing crazy content.

You are reading any build doing limited content.

Context, always bad to ignore.

You're talking about getting to level 100 in a permanent league.
Shifting goal posts. Also bad.
"

If you weren't in a position of "power," you'd perfectly resent those who are in it.
So yeah, the only injustice of the elite is when you're not in it.
At which point, you feel perfectly justified storming off in a huff.

I can't enjoy a 30% Lightning Coil build? Whyever not? Just because you have a 40% one?
Your tone speaks louder than the specific details of your argument. That's how little content there was to grasp.

You can enjoy whatever you want, but new people that actually want another item, besides the ones that drop to them, should have the same chance at getting them as anyone else. Legacy items would not change anything for new players if the economy did not exist and every single drop was bind on account and parties did not exist.

I will not comment on your 'elite' argument, since you can clearly see the flaw in that philosophy, and if you do not, I feel sorry for you and want you to know that you are currently impeding the progress of humanity. And just in the off chance that you do not - injustice is injustice, not injustice that does not benefit me personally.

Lastly, arguing about my tone instead of my argument is a logical fallacy that does not deter from my argument.
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
You can enjoy whatever you want, but new people that actually want another item, besides the ones that drop to them, should have the same chance at getting them as anyone else. Legacy items would not change anything for new players if the economy did not exist and every single drop was bind on account and parties did not exist.

Then they're overly-entitled, stodgy and incapable of adapting to change. If they can't enjoy a video game simply because somebody else owns pixels that they don't own, their priorities are backwards.

"
I will not comment on your 'elite' argument, since you can clearly see the flaw in that philosophy, and if you do not, I feel sorry for you and want you to know that you are currently impeding the progress of humanity. And just in the off chance that you do not - injustice is injustice, not injustice that does not benefit me personally.

You have entitlement problems. That's all there is to it. You crave status even though there is literally nothing of consequence at stake.
Progress? Right. Because getting 1000 life Kaom's is progress.
I'll put that right after solving world hunger and cheap renewable energy.

"
Lastly, arguing about my tone instead of my argument is a logical fallacy that does not deter from my argument.

Oh no. This isn't a simple ad homimem.
I can infer the entire content of what you've said simply by skimming you.
Going back and reading you more closely did nothing to change my appraisal of your argument.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 23, 2015, 4:59:41 AM
@goetzjam

A simple example of how other person having legacy item can affect a player.

Traiding is a main theme in PoE according to GGG.

We have a player who wish to craft T1 item to give mirror services. Player flip and scam shit out of people and gets enough currency to craft that item...

And suddenly find that noone will ever mirror his gear because there are same items with legacy mods. They are simply better. ALOT better.

Trading is a part of gameplay. Other palyers having legacy items/mods litteraly destroy that part of gameplay for you.

We can always say - deal with it. But would it be ok to deal, for example, if new players were not able to get maps above lvl 75, and old players could, because they had them when it was allowed?

GGG need to do something with Standard and suffer consiquences for their mistakes. But they won't because in capitalism making money is goal, not creating something outstanding.
Last edited by maxkardinal on May 23, 2015, 5:03:39 AM
"

Then they're overly-entitled, stodgy and incapable of adapting to change. If they can't enjoy a video game simply because somebody else owns pixels that they don't own, their priorities are backwards.

You have entitlement problems. That's all there is to it.
Progress? Right. Because getting 1000 life Kaom's is progress.
I'll put that right after solving world hunger and cheap renewable energy.

Oh no. This isn't a simple ad homimem.
I can infer the entire content of what you've said simply by skimming you.

First of all, expecting equal treatment is never being entitled, by definition. Second of all, someone new arrives to PoE, how are they the ones affected by change? The problem is the lack of change to legacy items. Thirdly, no one says they can't enjoy a video game just because there is a flaw in it, doesn't mean the flaw must remain. If we left flaws in for no reason, everything would quickly break apart.

For your second paragraph - I have no idea whether I do or do not have entitlement problems, but I sincerely doubt if you are a mind reader and a professional that can evaluate ones psychological problems.

And lastly, I have no idea what you can or can not do, besides being unable to read my first post before replying to it. Nor do I care much about your abilities on various aspects that do not relate to the discussion.
"
maxkardinal wrote:
GGG need to do something with Standard and suffer consiquences for their mistakes. But they won't because in capitalism making money is goal, not creating something outstanding.

That's hilariously easy to contradict.
If they wanted to make money they simply wouldn't make legacies at all and leave low-life, EB+MOM, snapshotting and the Crown of Eyes unnerfed and simply crank out overpowered items one-after-the-other. With old stuff only becoming obsolete merely because new imbalanced stuff has come out.

The fact that they're willing to anger you to pursue their vision of balance means that they aren't just doing this for the money.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 23, 2015, 5:06:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info