Upcoming changes to Leech

It seems these stats (ailment duration and leech efficiency) will definitely be challenges one has to contend with to make almost any build viable. I hope 2.0 will provide easy ways to get these stats both on gear and on tree.
So my 2h mace build will be messed up with again? :( I wonder if you do something with those mana regeneration builds....
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Remember to revert Acuitys please.
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
jugglereli wrote:
"
Andrew676 wrote:
Vaal Pact no longer penalizes the amount of life Leeched, it will now apply 100% of life leeched instantly, while still not allowing Life Regeneration.

lol ?

ok, return back Atziri's Acuty Gloves back 60% to 100% LL :D

Yeah this made me flip out too. Are you sure it's a good idea GGG? the majority of these changes seemed highly intelligent and thought out, such as having leech more powerful against packs but less against bosses. However I can't see the reasoning behind VP leeching 100% effectively instantly. Life regen is so often completely useless and this, IMO, take away most of the "keystone" aspect to VP, it's seems like sort of just a good thing now. No penalty, just extra power :P Can you maybe shed some light on why this was decided upon?

@bold: have you ever played an RF char? I suspect not given that statement, since if you had you would realize how good stacked life regen can be. As such, Acuity allowing regen plus the instant-leech potential on crit is still a ridiculously good combination, provided you spec to take advantage of it. Granted this assumes Acuity goes back to its original form, if VP stays as it now is.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
"
Rupenus wrote:
Thanks for destroying everything about Low life builds since 1.0 patch. Thanks for Blood rage nerf, thanks for destroying one of the most brilliantly forged build ever created in a ARPG game, Low life build. Its a crazy idea, you give up all defenses in your build to get highest damage in the game, and you fight on the edges. Since the nerf, I feel like im just playing just another brain AFK click and destroy game now. Thanks.

Blood rage has to nerfed, it was OP, its for sure. Adding global AS buff %15 and reducing Low life AS from 50~s to 25-30, thats acceptable. But destroying all mechanics of Blood rage that makes low life build possible?(double degen, insane nerf to AS buff) Thats outrageous. Low life builds have every signifiers of passion, its about just focusing on one point in almost autistic way to reach to greater good, high dps and leech > therefore survivability. Low life builds lack everything needed to success in this game: life potions to aid you to survive dicey situations with instant life+, regen, block, armor, high HP... etc... we had only one thing: Blood rage. And you destroyed it.

You think Low life builds are OP? No armor, no block chance, no potions to give life, Hardly capped resists even though you have full mirrored items: you only rely on one think, dps and leech.

This game's fate is decided now by those who cant pass 76 maps, and never dealt with atziri or über ever. People who are happy with just one shotting things while soloing Gorge, They and their leader ZiggyD are deciding the fate of Poe now. They cry here like babies about Low life builds, they cry in guides ''OMG 1000EX BUILD WHERE IS BUDGET VERSION'' all you care about satisfying those lack of passions. Thanks.

QQ salty salty.

LL is going to still op, the different is before 2.0 ll op with attacks, after 2.0 ll op with spells.

A few auras now work with spells, life/mana leech with spells more easy in 2.0, pa.

No matter what ggg does, people alway QQ too much, ggg change the game -> people QQ, after release people found op builds -> people QQ about this builds going to op -> back to step 1 and repeat.

I just fear this game turn into another Hearthstone or Diablo 3 while GGG gaming growing bigger and bigger.
The bigger you get, the harder is the sustain expenses of the company and im afraid of they are getting greedy and this game is getting more casual player oriented than theorycrafters, try hards, generally people who are giving their thoughts to extend the limits of what they do, and seek always for higher limits in the game. Try hards are just 1% of PoE community, when you listen to complaints of the the rest %99 its easier to sustain expenses of the company and PoE servers for sure.

I played many games and ive seen them becoming less appealing for brainstorming guys, and theorycrafters; ive seen them become mechanical, calculating and boring. Ive seen them become consuming object for casuals, this is what im not wishing for PoE.

Im sure they did their calculations while nerfing LL attacking builds(wander, ST), and with new jewel affixes and LMP GMP buff according to my calculations low life ST gonna have even better dps: LESS AS but harder hits, which is also much better.

Im just showing my reaction to what i care for. I can switch my build to anything i want, i have currency and capability to do everything in this game.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 16, 2015, 8:54:03 AM
No elemental mana/life leech?
Oh goodie, I'm looking forward to being entirely unable to sustain myself with my current manaleech gear (4%, which will become 0.8%) against single targets, where it's already an issue for me.

I was excited for the expansion, but this single upcoming change has entirely changed my opinion. How the heck do you want me to get enough mana leech to sustain myself against a single target? Mana leech on every single bloody item I have? Good lord.

You wanted us to be more diverse in builds with the aura/reduced mana changes, but you're forcing us to use Mana Leech gem to sustain ourselves on almost everything? I'm not sure I understand your logic anymore.. You're simply making the Mana Leech gem mandatory, instead of Reduced Mana. Good job. So much for those words about diversity, huh?

I understand the reasoning for Life Leech to be lowered, due to the mechanics change as you'd like to do some cool stuff with bosses and Life Leech could trivialize this.

But Mana Leech too?! Why? Running out of Mana Constantly is not fun, when what you had was suitable enough before. Taking the Action out of Action RPG if you can't use your bloody skills.

Not cool, GGG, not cool.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Last edited by idiocyincarnate on Jun 16, 2015, 11:44:55 AM
I have two major concerns with this. First, it basically removes the differentiation between life leech and life gain on hit. You already had a regen mechanic that was good with small, fast attacks against groups and bad against single target. Now you have two...and nothing against big single targets. Also known as, you know, the only scary enemies in the game.

Second is that mana leech already struggled to sustain a lot of builds, and it just got hammered. Struggling just to use your damn skills is never fun. Investing tons in links or passive just to be able to attack or cast is never fun.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jun 16, 2015, 11:58:32 AM
Too many new clusters in the tree, not enough points to spend on them. Increase Life node values to 5% per point spent.
this follows my style of leech well,

when fighting a boss (they very often have minions with them)
I will fall back and attack the minions to regenerate flasks
and leech up a bit. Since single target leech will be reduced
relative to group leech... this is an even more important tactic.

bosses that summon minions are even more crucial than they were,
and any non summoning bosses would be a bigger threat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info