Upcoming changes to Leech

I just tried to plan a skilltree for an Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike build and had to realize that the leech rate changes are a huge nerf to this unique ( which as far as I know was already rarely used ). An elemental sword like Oro's has basically no way of getting an increase to life leech rate even though I am sure as a melee weapon it should.

A weapon which has the drawback of taking increased damage will not have any increased life leech rate available ( unless someone would want to waste points on physical damage nodes with an pure elemental sword or on physical leech notes without getting the leech ).
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jun 15, 2015, 7:40:53 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
Its a crazy idea, you give up all defenses in your build to get highest damage in the game, and you fight on the edges.

While beeing protected by a shit tons of ES while Chaos can't bypass it, fighting on the edge indeed...
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 15, 2015, 11:17:25 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
Its a crazy idea, you give up all defenses in your build to get highest damage in the game, and you fight on the edges.

While beeing protected by a shit tons of ES while Chaos can't bypass it, fighting on the edge indeed...

@IceDeal:
Chaos is the hardest resist to get capped, you sometimes need a little bit of investment on gear to get it, because the resists on the tree sucks.

Not that i'm saying he's right, but low-lifers have to worry with a lot more threats than most builds, since they can't use potions. But sure, they're still OP because of the HUGE amount of DPS and Clear Speed, but they deserve it right ? After all they've spent a shit ton of currency trying to achieve this.
----------------------

@Topic:

Have you guys considered on using ES on kill/ES on hit, leech method, instead of the default %leech/ghost reaver ? (just a question not trying to offend anyone neither being sarcastic)
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jun 15, 2015, 12:54:21 PM
ES on kill wouldn't work that well against map bosses. ES on hit might be something that could work, but then your dps would need to be lowered to achieve this. GMP + chain + life gain on hit has worked just fine on my scions before, so I'd assume ES on hit would work just as fine.
As always ggg has a way to contradict itself. In the same post they say they want the duelist to be "better" at leeching and then take vaal pact to the other side of the tree. Good Job.
Holy moly, VP in the North-East ? Thats going to be awesome for all spell crit caster. Goooood change!
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Like the sound of the new vaal pact quite a bit. Will be missed for duelists however. Agree with bizao above, there needs to be a ton of increased leech and leech rate around to make up for losing VP. Having leech on non-weapon-specific nodes would help a lot too.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jun 16, 2015, 12:30:14 AM
Life leech/steal(vaal pact) seems to have become mandatory to play this game, ONLY because of damage reflect. It has become WAY too important, and in my opinion it is hurting the game. Nothing in game should be this important because of one single mob mechanic(reflect damage).

Please REMOVE reflect damage from the game entirely, so life steal/leech will become less mandatory. And even attacks that cannot steal/leech life will be viable! Thanks.

Removing reflect damage will also make the game alot more fun to play in my opinion, and will allow for more viable build options. It would also make the game more viable for those that cannot afford acuity and/or are nowhere near vaal pact in the skill tree. Non-wealthy players who already aren't in the best gear are currently forced to go vaal pact, which is basically alot of wasted skill points. Meaning that they not only don't have good gear, but they also NEED to waste skill points to simply counter one game mechanic(reflect). This comes down to reflect damage even being in-game is hurting non-wealthy players twice as hard, while wealthy players often barely notice it!

PS: My only real issue with the game at the moment is the fact that reflect damage even exists in game. And yes, I'm one of the non-wealthy players like I described above.
Vaal Pact no longer penalizes the amount of life Leeched, it will now apply 100% of life leeched instantly, while still not allowing Life Regeneration.

lol ?

ok, return back Atziri's Acuty Gloves back 60% to 100% LL :D
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
BTW Acuity still allows regen (to sustain Blood Rage) and gives insta mana leech.
Yeah it will be less than 120-150 exa now - friendly price for somebody.
Zero QQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info