Upcoming changes to Leech

"
Hilbert wrote:
Sigh......

Diablo 2 fixed it by making certain mobs aka undead unleechable.....

fixed what? what was the problem with undead being leechable?
As long as we're fixing life leech, could we make it not work against undead? Why do they have any life to leech?
I don't feel like we need even more leech against packs of mobs. Cyclone builds are jumping right inside the huge monster packs full of danger but receive no damage due to life gain on hit + leech. Buffing it makes it even more tanky isn't it? Agree on single target leech though
DEATH & THRASH
"
MetapoliC wrote:
I don't feel like we need even more leech against packs of mobs. Cyclone builds are jumping right inside the huge monster packs full of danger but receive no damage due to life gain on hit + leech. Buffing it makes it even more tanky isn't it? Agree on single target leech though

On live you only get the benefit of the highest leech, so it is almost exactly single target only. If you nerf single target only without buffing group effects, you've nerfed the leech effect entirely. They're trying to make it harder to leech off of bosses, so they have to nerf single target, they're fine with people using leech on the trash mobs to survive though, so they need to buff it as a counter. It's a bit of a dance.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on May 29, 2015, 7:01:07 PM
If GGG want make harder to leech on bosses, they would need to add some kind of leech resistance only for bosses.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
I'm curious if 'life gain on hit' will see any changes.

From what I understand lgoh will only apply once per hit? With leech affects now stacking will lgoh follow this trend?

I realise leech and 'on hit' are different mechanics but ultimately the end results are the same.

*morning coffee edit - thinking along the lines of double strike or ball lightning.

I'm no theory crafter as is obvious from my post. I may be confusing per attack and on hit a bit here. If this reads as completely off please disregard. It was more of a vote for lgoh love than anything.
Last edited by Cuan on Jun 4, 2015, 12:26:49 PM
Life gain on hit works on a per hit basis, not per activation. In this way it's actually better than leech on live in certain scenarios, especially if you're hitting fast. This makes leech more competitive with life gain on hit for others. Life gain on hit may still be better though because there will still be an effective leech cap, where life gain on hit does not have this.
Thanks for destroying everything about Low life builds since 1.0 patch. Thanks for Blood rage nerf, thanks for destroying one of the most brilliantly forged build ever created in a ARPG game, Low life build. Its a crazy idea, you give up all defenses in your build to get highest damage in the game, and you fight on the edges. Since the nerf, I feel like im just playing just another brain AFK click and destroy game now. Thanks.

Blood rage has to nerfed, it was OP, its for sure. Adding global AS buff %15 and reducing Low life AS from 50~s to 25-30, thats acceptable. But destroying all mechanics of Blood rage that makes low life build possible?(double degen, insane nerf to AS buff) Thats outrageous. Low life builds have every signifiers of passion, its about just focusing on one point in almost autistic way to reach to greater good, high dps and leech > therefore survivability. Low life builds lack everything needed to success in this game: life potions to aid you to survive dicey situations with instant life+, regen, block, armor, high HP... etc... we had only one thing: Blood rage. And you destroyed it.

You think Low life builds are OP? No armor, no block chance, no potions to give life, Hardly capped resists even though you have full mirrored items: you only rely on one think, dps and leech.

This game's fate is decided now by those who cant pass 76 maps, and never dealt with atziri or über ever. People who are happy with just one shotting things while soloing Gorge, They and their leader ZiggyD are deciding the fate of Poe now. They cry here like babies about Low life builds, they cry in guides ''OMG 1000EX BUILD WHERE IS BUDGET VERSION'' all you care about satisfying those lack of passions. Thanks.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
Thanks for destroying everything about Low life builds since 1.0 patch. Thanks for Blood rage nerf, thanks for destroying one of the most brilliantly forged build ever created in a ARPG game, Low life build. Its a crazy idea, you give up all defenses in your build to get highest damage in the game, and you fight on the edges. Since the nerf, I feel like im just playing just another brain AFK click and destroy game now. Thanks.

Blood rage has to nerfed, it was OP, its for sure. Adding global AS buff %15 and reducing Low life AS from 50~s to 25-30, thats acceptable. But destroying all mechanics of Blood rage that makes low life build possible?(double degen, insane nerf to AS buff) Thats outrageous. Low life builds have every signifiers of passion, its about just focusing on one point in almost autistic way to reach to greater good, high dps and leech > therefore survivability. Low life builds lack everything needed to success in this game: life potions to aid you to survive dicey situations with instant life+, regen, block, armor, high HP... etc... we had only one thing: Blood rage. And you destroyed it.

You think Low life builds are OP? No armor, no block chance, no potions to give life, Hardly capped resists even though you have full mirrored items: you only rely on one think, dps and leech.

This game's fate is decided now by those who cant pass 76 maps, and never dealt with atziri or über ever. People who are happy with just one shotting things while soloing Gorge, They and their leader ZiggyD are deciding the fate of Poe now. They cry here like babies about Low life builds, they cry in guides ''OMG 1000EX BUILD WHERE IS BUDGET VERSION'' all you care about satisfying those lack of passions. Thanks.

wow, so much agree... .
"
Rupenus wrote:

You have made your points. You have supported your argument with proof.
Was attacking other players really necessary?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info