Upcoming changes to Leech

Vaal Pact no longer penalizes the amount of life Leeched, it will now apply 100% of life leeched instantly, while still not allowing Life Regeneration.

Vaal Pact has also been moved to between the Shadow and Ranger on the passive tree.

Goodbye elemental reflect!
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
jugglereli wrote:
Yeah this made me flip out too. Are you sure it's a good idea GGG? the majority of these changes seemed highly intelligent and thought out, such as having leech more powerful against packs but less against bosses. However I can't see the reasoning behind VP leeching 100% effectively instantly. Life regen is so often completely useless and this, IMO, take away most of the "keystone" aspect to VP, it's seems like sort of just a good thing now. No penalty, just extra power :P Can you maybe shed some light on why this was decided upon?

@bold: have you ever played an RF char? I suspect not given that statement, since if you had you would realize how good stacked life regen can be. As such, Acuity allowing regen plus the instant-leech potential on crit is still a ridiculously good combination, provided you spec to take advantage of it. Granted this assumes Acuity goes back to its original form, if VP stays as it now is.

Sure Life regen is very important in certain situations, such as RF, and can even be a highly useful thing for other characters, however the main thing I was trying to say I noticed didn't really get through in my original post. And that is that many characters will end up having no life Regen at all. Such as archers and maybe some casters. Or maybe they have like 4 life regenerated per second from some random piece of gear and that's totally pointless and it's no hardship what so ever to trash that bit and get instant leech. I haven't been able to play these changes in beta, but I'm still looking for some sort of reason behind making VP 100%. The Manifesto seemed lacking in that department.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
players won't be able to run their skills.
"
Sorbetero wrote:
Vaal Pact no longer penalizes the amount of life Leeched, it will now apply 100% of life leeched instantly, while still not allowing Life Regeneration.

Vaal Pact has also been moved to between the Shadow and Ranger on the passive tree.

Goodbye elemental reflect!

Unless you mean goodbye running elemental reflect maps, hell no.

Live = lvl 21 life leech gem @ 9.1% @ 40% effectiveness = 3.64% instant leech with VP, no regen.

Beta = any lvl life leech gem @ 2.0% @ 100% effectiveness = 2.0% instant leech with VP, no regen.

I simulated beta VP for elemental leech on live using a lvl 1 life leech @ 5.0% giving 2.0% with the live VP effectiveness. Doing pure lightning damage with 84% lightning resistance I would one shot myself (AoE) if not on a topaz in an ele reflect map.

"
Qarl wrote:
For example we have a few big improvements coming for leech. We think you'll like them.

Why?

What on earth did you base this on?

"
jugglereli wrote:
I haven't been able to play these changes in beta, but I'm still looking for some sort of reason behind making VP 100%.

Level 21 life leech gem.
Live VP = 3.64% instant leech.
CB VP = 2.0% instant leech.
CB VP if at 40% effectiveness = 0.8% instant leech.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 17, 2015, 5:22:23 AM
Emmm, for slowpokes...
Do I understand right that basically leech from 1 target is now capped at 2% of max life per sec? And only stacking leeches from different targets and sources (different skills) makes those leeches to get to maximum leech rate cap(20%)? Excluding all passives|possible items for base leech rate.
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
Last edited by Immundissime on Jun 17, 2015, 5:44:30 AM
@ immundissime: Wrong, since you don't leech 2% of your life, but 2% of damage dealt.
About the 20% leech cap I am not sure, but basically you're right in those points
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
@ immundissime: Wrong, since you don't leech 2% of your life, but 2% of damage dealt.
About the 20% leech cap I am not sure, but basically you're right in those points

I'm getting certain that I wrote right, look at the first post - it was redacted with addition about 2 caps. And there's also this subreddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3a0818/cb_vitality_void_leech_cluster/cs99982
It isn't very clear, but as I understand you have now cap at 2% of max life pool for leech from 1 target, 20% cap max life pool per sec from all leech sources, both can be expanded with new passives|items|gem qualities.
Very interested in clarification from GGG staff.
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
Last edited by Immundissime on Jun 17, 2015, 8:07:16 AM
Will be these changes apply to current items, like dividing all current leech by 5 or will we have some incredible Legacy CoE's after patch?

Seems a bit complicated to change those numeric values... I'm a bit scared, but could be fun for standard ^^
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Will be these changes apply to current items, like dividing all current leech by 5 or will we have some incredible Legacy CoE's after patch?

Seems a bit complicated to change those numeric values... I'm a bit scared, but could be fun for standard ^^

I'd like to know the same thing...
Here's Mark seems to say they won't change any numeric values on existing items, is it right?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1277835/page/3
What is going to happen to the leech mods on Carnage Heart? Because if that stays the same, 8% leech, then that's going to go up in value a whole lot. Every vaal pact build will want it. Will there be legacy Carnage Hearts? What about implicit leech mods? 6% on Terror Claws at present seems like it will be pretty OP. Are Terror Claw's implicit mods going to be retroactively reduced across the board? If not, then anyone who is using, say, a Vaal claw will more or less be forced onto the Terror claw because with the changes to leech in the tree the 3% difference between the Terror Claw and the Vaal Claw, which was previously not that significant, will all of a sudden be a total deal breaker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info