Beta Patch, Divination Card Submission, Comics/Shirts and new Unique!

Finally a decent unique, even though it's a flask... Good job on this one!
Surprised no one has mentioned the possible synergy with bleed effect that the new flask has. In this case, cause bleeding, cause mobs to flee, knock them back = lots more damage. Oh, and the initial bleed effect is amplified by the 30% more on the flask. Just think... melee puncture a boss, knock the boss back a few times, walk away, watch boss die.

Sounds like fun to me.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Haha, I remember suggesting something like that flask a long time ago.

Though back then it had an extra mod that I think should be included: +100% character size

good idea. goes well with the theme of the flask.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
75% chance to flee on a +30%Melee Dmg flask - that only lasts 4.8 sec(20q)?How much of that time you think we'll actually hit mobs instead of having to chase them around?

I guess it could maybe be used on boss encounters, where chance to flee is reduced...

chance to flee does not work vs bosses.
*prays for this to come with a wipe*
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
i need a beta wipe :O
Nice to see that very few are disappointed about the delay. I'm just a little bummed. I was looking forward to starting tonight fresh with the new changes as it's start of the weekend for me. Then, of course, I've got a busy week ahead of me at work and coaching. So, I've got to wait until next weekend to test it out for real sans further delays. But, hey what's another week. I can definitely wait.

As an office rat myself, I could do with some extensions every once in a while.

P.S. If you think the schedule is too aggressive just add x amount of time to that, then if you release it a day or two early -- everyone is bloody thrilled.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
The only thing I don't like about the flask is the flee effect. If you're melee, why would you want to make things run out of your range in all directions? It's just making your life more annoying, which makes every other effect on the flask less useful. You're pretty much required to be doing such immense AoE damage immediately after the effect that everything insta-dies before it can get far enough away. At which point, do you even need the buff effects? And if you need it to clear yourself out of a dangerous situation, then you don't really need all of the damage buffs; you need more "oh shit I'm about to die"-prevention buffs.

It's like it's strictly for use on Atziri or something.

You said the keyword there something. It's a unique, and that's the thing with uniques is that they have an insane stat for something and then a draw back. You have to try to make the good work with the bad. Hint: think outside the box.
I have to say, I'm more excited for the lockstep mode and other desync improvements than for any of the new content. I don't know why it is, but desync is just off the chain for me in the beta, in a way that it hasn't been, ever, in the live game. It's reaching the point making me nostalgic for D3, and my D3 experience was horrible, so I really, really, really hope that the netcode improvements are working advertised, when they're rolled out next week.

The new flask looks neat, though.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Last edited by Waitubold on May 15, 2015, 10:05:36 PM
not sure why you would want to knock back and fear enemies when you have a melee dmg boost, seems contradictory to want melee range to do dmg, yet move monsters away from you at the same time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info