Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"
AngryCustard wrote:
Nice work.

Edit:
These sorts of bugs are so incredibly complex. So amazing work in getting it fixed so quickly.

However I have to say that it is pretty poor that you're not restoring items. There is no legitimate way to buy items in this game, players spend thousands of hours playing, grinding to save for that shav's or 6L to perfect their build. It is not their fault that these items become corrupted. I really think they should be replaced.
This isn't even a matter of policy. They just can't. They can't tell whether any items got destroyed by players or by the bug, there's no difference. And blindly trusting people they're telling the truth about that 6L Shavs they lost isn't really an option.
"
Vajtastic wrote:
I have a hard time believing GGG can't restore these lost items. The poor guy whose shav's lost it's chaos mod and the guy who lost his acuitys must feel like shit.

They can restore items, but they can't identify which items should be restored with a script, so they won't restore any.

Of course if there was good will they could restore the items for people that ask for them and can be checked on the logs.... Maybe if people pay 30$ to get them back they can make an exception.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Last edited by DnAngel on May 11, 2015, 7:51:44 PM
"
InsaneWallaby wrote:
Wow. No optional rollbacks for the impacted characters?

I'm very surprised that there isn't a DB snapshot that would support something like this. I'm pretty sure individual players would give up 10 days of playing time that they probably haven't played in order to restore things like a legacy shavs or eliminated chestpieces.

I'm guessing there will be a few angry supporters out of this for sure.

If they can't tell who lost items how do you suggest the rollback would work? Anyone that sold something expensive could ask for a rollback and as such dupe items en mass.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Vajtastic wrote:
I have a hard time believing GGG can't restore these lost items. The poor guy whose shav's lost it's chaos mod

That shav is Legacy, and is now like the only shavs that has no chaos mod. A collector might actually pay the full price or even more for it.

After all People offered several ex for the white no-socket helm.

"
Vajtastic wrote:
and the guy who lost his acuitys must feel like shit.

I also think, that people who lose items like their Acuity's is a very hard thing to accept. On the other hand restoring items, would be kind of a taboo to break. It's a tough call and I would certainly understand some1 quitting the game for losing his Acuity's. Yet it still makes sense for GGG to stand firm at some points.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on May 11, 2015, 7:52:55 PM
"
Redblade wrote:
"
InsaneWallaby wrote:
Wow. No optional rollbacks for the impacted characters?

I'm very surprised that there isn't a DB snapshot that would support something like this. I'm pretty sure individual players would give up 10 days of playing time that they probably haven't played in order to restore things like a legacy shavs or eliminated chestpieces.

I'm guessing there will be a few angry supporters out of this for sure.

If they can't tell who lost items how do you suggest the rollback would work? Anyone that sold something expensive could ask for a rollback and as such dupe items en mass.

Quite frankly, there's a problem when there is no rollback/tracking strategy.

Additionally, some items are obviously corrupted. A shavs without the special shavs trait? An item without sockets? An item with 5 mods that can't receive a master craft? You're kidding me on being unable to restore these from a snapshot, right?
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
Ugh, brutal, but glad you were able to get it fixed. This is part of why I buy supporter packs when I can.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
This has always happened, friend of mine lost 3 mirror as a result...
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
See RNGesus givith and takith away
re: shav's/acuity/etc, i'm sure there are banned accounts with similar enough rolled items in their inventories. might as well swap them, imo. it's not technically a fix, but it should be a low effort pseudo-solution for some.

re: rares - well, shit. not so much.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Edit: meh
Last edited by Jennik on May 11, 2015, 8:06:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info