Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Peopleofwar wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

I rather prefer they stick to their principle of not restoring stuff unless a complete rollback is required instead of breaking this up. After all this is one situation... what about the next bug, that surely will come, maybe it is a bit less severe and then comes the next and after some time they end up spending a lot of time on restoring items because they have to do it now, because they did it in the past. They will ensure that all MTX etc. are restored if lost due to this and this is reasonable, because you actually bought them.

Principles are all well in good but what if the next bug is not so small and its the same thing the time line was 2 weeks? what then? They need some type of system other then just ' oh yeah roll back '. A game shouldn't just stiff its customers and basically say ' yeah its our fault we missed the bug sorry, but your items aren't coming back ' which in the end that you've spent longer to get then a $5-10 mtx. I love the game but knowing your items at any point can disappear from a bug and all you'll get is a sorry not even a dime given in compensation, just makes me extremely cautious of playing. I mean its ok for people who didn't lose anything to say ' good job! Don't give those crying bastards anything ' but, in the end of the day they DIDN'T lose anything so they don't know the feeling of trusting GGG to do something about it then only 5 days later ' nope nothing sorry '

Ahahahahaahahahahaaha, damn I needed that laugh. Getting money back on a free to play game. That's just hilarious. There's a reason only MTX are being worried about, they're the things actually paid for.

We are talking about ITEMS being returned so of course I don't mean money. Compensation meaning in game points for MTX if items can't be returned. So Yeah if you read the post Correctly, no where do I say ' give us money ' the term dime refers to getting nothing of value given back even if you lost something that isn't as easy to get as maybe $5-10 would be for an MTX. I know I've grinded for days for the items I lost and not even close to getting it back, so compared to the MTX on that item that is the easier thing to replace then the item itself.
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 16, 2015, 10:50:44 PM
no real point in getting this worked up over a few items lost they already said they are sorry, so lose the high horse and the time whining over the lost items could be better spent on getting another one.
learn from the phrase no use crying over spilt milk, the items you lost it might hurt but its only pixels. its best to play to have fun not play to make it your life
Definately lost a pair of atziri's acuities to this crap and stopped playing. Nice for fixing but u lost the playerws who were affected because u wont restore items ;/
Hey everyone, remember this incident?

GGG, I really hope you've learned your lesson since this happened. Just fucking do a rollback as necessary for the new account cross-login bug. When it's your fault that people lose items, you reeeeally need to own up to it. "We fixed it so it won't happen in the future" isn't owning up to it. A rollback for the entire affected period is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info