Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

yeah because ppl totally wont be mad about ppl getting "free" shit.....that never happens....right?
it would just end up with ggg being flooded in hate posts. this game doesnt need that.[/quote]

And not restoring peoples items WON'T get them hate mail? Logic?

In the end all the people who lost an item and don't forget the 4-6 skills IN the item - which crippled me - but hey, Don't worry about giving those people who BROUGHT transmissions to support GGG just to have them be the cause of a lost item. Those people THEN being left for dead with not a reply but a blanket forum post, it all leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth that buying cash items caused this bug then get told you ain't getting shit for your trouble - about 5-6 emails sent to GGG none of them said no chance of your item being returned -
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 13, 2015, 4:48:13 PM
For some it said the above post didn't post but it did - so please delete this one - thanks.

Reason edited : Error on first post lead me to click post again it posted then saw dupes of the first post.
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 13, 2015, 4:41:53 PM
"
"
yeah because ppl totally wont be mad about ppl getting "free" shit.....that never happens....right?
it would just end up with ggg being flooded in hate posts. this game doesnt need that.

why bother doing something if it doesnt change anything then. and it wouldnt be continued hatemails/request to restore accidentally vendored items. it would be a 1 time (hopefully) thing, which is something that just happens. get over it. its not like any1s whole stash or char got deleted.

learn to quote ffs
Last edited by likejaxirl on May 13, 2015, 4:49:20 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Unfortunately, in our logs, legitimate item deletion is indistinguishable from loss due to this bug. We are unable to restore items lost in this way.

Backups/snapshots should be sufficient enough to prove which items i had before. Unique item ids should be sufficient enough to prove that no one else has the items now. This means i deleted them or maybe sold them to a vendor. Microtransactions on the lost items takes care of that.

So either your securicy and backup policys are utter crap or you are outright lying - both of which i strongly disagree with.
Feel free to explain, i'm familiar with almost anything that could come up as a technical explanation.

"
Serleth wrote:
Ugh, brutal, but glad you were able to get it fixed. This is part of why I buy supporter packs when I can.

This is part of why i will not buy any more.

"
Aaardvark wrote:
I grok that GGG doesn't want to set item restore precedants. Unless the server has rewritten over the deleted data, GGG should make the effort to restore those items. If they simply can't, or the effort would be onerous, it would be good customer service to make some other sort of amends to the 300 or less affected.

This.

"
Karcaroth wrote:
the fact that they fixed such a deeply entrenched bug in a timely fashion, with only <300 items affected; AND addressed the fact that THEY are the ones who screwed up is a hell of a lot more than any other gaming company i can think of at the top of my head.

If they don't know which items were affected, where does the number 300 come from? Heuristics? Based on what numbers?
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
"
"
Peopleofwar wrote:
it would just end up with ggg being flooded in hate posts. this game doesnt need that.

why bother doing something if it doesnt change anything then. and it wouldnt be continued hatemails/request to restore accidentally vendored items. it would be a 1 time (hopefully) thing, which is something that just happens. get over it. its not like any1s whole stash or char got deleted.[/quote]

UM WHAT? It won't change anything? Maybe the people who lost items play / are happy again and regain faith in GGG that would change wouldn't it? If they get hate mail if they do and hate mail if they don't the only difference giving back items requires effort. Right now as a player who lost an item the game isn't the same, worried ' what if ' what if it happens again? Another sorry?
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 13, 2015, 4:51:48 PM
"
"
"

why bother doing something if it doesnt change anything then. and it wouldnt be continued hatemails/request to restore accidentally vendored items. it would be a 1 time (hopefully) thing, which is something that just happens. get over it. its not like any1s whole stash or char got deleted.

UM WHAT? It won't change anything? Maybe the people who lost items play / are happy again and regain faith in GGG that would change wouldn't it? If they get hate mail if they do and hate mail if they don't the only difference giving back items requires effort. Right now as a player who lost an item the game isn't the same, worried ' what if ' what if it happens again? Another sorry?

you just said that both options would give hatemails.....id rather have them get hatemails for a bug they are sorry that happened than about ppl being pissed they gave seemingly "free" stuff to ppl
1. They have numbers of items that are effected - means they know roughly what items ARE effected by the bug -

2. even then they said they only know about the items VENDORED or DESTROYED so no free items for anyone.

3. Idgf what YOU want one person who seemly doesn't care about people who have lost items because, of an error caused by AN ITEM YOU BUY TO SUPPORT GGG so you shouldn't be-able to decide the fate of 300 items not given to other gamer's that's why its a gaming community not a gaming communist party.

Also what if it was your stash what if you spent every currency you had saved for months for an item just for a CASH ITEM to corrupt it and delete it and be told 4 days - 1 WEEK later that after having the hope of it being replaced to be told IN A FORUM post that isn't the case.
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 13, 2015, 5:32:23 PM
"
Peopleofwar wrote:
1. They have numbers of items that are effected - means they know roughly what items ARE effected by the bug -

2. even then they said they only know about the items VENDORED or DESTROYED so no free items for anyone.

3. Idgf what YOU want one person who seemly doesn't care about people who have lost items because, of an error caused by AN ITEM YOU BUY TO SUPPORT GGG so you shouldn't be-able to decide the fate of 300 items not given to other gamer's that's why its a gaming community not a gaming communist party.

Also what if it was your stash what if you spent every currency you had saved for months for an item just for a CASH ITEM to corrupt it and delete it and be told 4 days - 1 WEEK later that after having the hope of it being replaced to be told IN A FORUM post that isn't the case.

1. they estimated. which means they dont know what items.
2. manual deletion, vendoring- both cant be distinguished from the bug. and you know, there will, i repeat THERE WILL be ppl that hate about "free" items
3. errors happen. its programming. ggg isnt forced to restore an item you arent even owning

yeah they couldve handled it better, but its not a big company anyways
"
1. they estimated. which means they dont know what items.

Pure evidence of incapacity.

"
2. manual deletion, vendoring- both cant be distinguished from the bug. and you know, there will, i repeat THERE WILL be ppl that hate about "free" items

you can't delete items with applied microtransactions

"
3. errors happen. its programming. ggg isnt forced to restore an item you arent even owning

Sad, but true.
I still don't see a reason to defend them. After all, no one, not even you, would play the game if it wasn't for its great itemization.

"
yeah they couldve handled it better, but its not a big company anyways

Which is exactly the reason why i thought they wouldve handled it better ;)
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
"

Every item in the game is free, as long as you're not using rmt, so I don't quite follow the point you're trying to make about items being "free shit"? The time invested by the people who've lost said items however far exceeds any pathetic backlash from petulant, thoughtless people who don't grasp the reality at hand. You think that it's better to burn loyal financial supporters than it is to upset the feelings of people who seem to derive pleasure at the misfortunes of others?...interesting...
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info