Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"
Now, you're denying they have logs after Chris just explained they have logs?

Where? He said that they can't distinguish manual deletions from the bug. So they have deletions log, that goes to gazillion deletions (vendored items alone) during the month the bug existed, and NOT 300 individual cases.

They also must have a server crash log.

"
Most of the time this caused the server to crash, resulting in no item problems.

On rare occasions, the corruption of data could affect the item.

They estimate 300 items to be affected by the bug, and my guess is that GGG have extrapolated the likelihood of the item data corruption, the frequency of the error and it's time span.
I'm confused. Can they see the stats of the gone item?
Would it not make sense that a valuable item which seems to be deleted was gone because of the bug?
How do they know that the bug affected 300 and not 3000 items?
To my knowledge i have not been effected by this bug. I would have appreciated a heads up though. I feel terrible for the people that were effected by this bug and i feel that something should be done about it by GGG. Why would you not post a warning to people? Thats just bad business.
"
lordplenty wrote:
"
Now, you're denying they have logs after Chris just explained they have logs?

Where? He said that they can't distinguish manual deletions from the bug. So they have deletions log, that goes to gazillion deletions (vendored items alone) during the month the bug existed, and NOT 300 individual cases.

They also must have a server crash log.

"
Most of the time this caused the server to crash, resulting in no item problems.

On rare occasions, the corruption of data could affect the item.

They estimate 300 items to be affected by the bug, and my guess is that GGG have extrapolated the likelihood of the item data corruption, the frequency of the error and it's time span.

But there is a log of an item disappearing. Whether it's due to the bug, or manual deletion is the issue. Now who is going to delete their GG item, then post about it "disappearing" before this bug was even known? Chris said this issue was brought to their attention by reports by players. So there is a very clear cut papertrail and sequence of events of items disappearing, those players reporting it, and GGG confirming in the logs the item did indeed disappear.

At the very LEAST, those who reported disappearing items BEFORE this bug was announced/known have a legitimate claim.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on May 13, 2015, 10:41:58 AM
Yeah, I think this is a beyond unacceptable response that shows that GGG is much more interested in preventing freebies at all costs as opposed to giving a single shit about the health and sanity of their players.
"
Yeah, I think this is a beyond unacceptable response that shows that GGG is much more interested in preventing freebies at all costs as opposed to giving a single shit about the health and sanity of their players.

they want to prevent the game becoming a "that guy got free shit, gibe free shit to me too"

as said, they should restore items if theyre able to, without producing a giant mess like that. which they arent.
"
"

they want to prevent the game becoming a "that guy got free shit, gibe free shit to me too"

as said, they should restore items if theyre able to, without producing a giant mess like that. which they arent.

Yes, because ~300 items is a "giant mess" considering the current state of "the economy" in Standard league.

It's far less detrimental in the long run, from a business/customer relationship, to provide replacement/compensation than to write off your long standing supporters. The company profit does come from supporters. That's how a "free to play" business model works. You're aware of that, right? A much greater emphasis should be placed on customer satisfaction. You can argue with semantics until you're blue in the face, but when the end comes it all boils down to those supporter packs providing them with the financial means to implement new features and continue to keep their servers up.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
Question for all those that keep whining and having a go at GGG for a lost/changed item.

Which of the following applies to you after losing that dear item of yours :
1- I ended up homeless
2- I lost an arm/leg/b@lls/a part of my body
3- I don't have anything to eat now
4- I lost my family
5- None of the above. I'll go back to grinding and stop crying over pixels lost in a game I'm playing for fun.

If you really want to see good bugs coming from closed and open source software with a lot more dev's check the Microsoft and Linux bug list (mainly the security part). Or just think "Heart Bleed". If you don't even know what "Heart bleed" is then why the hell are you even talking ?
Go ask Microsoft for the data lost from your desktop when Windows Crashed.

Thank you.

P.S. I don't know if i lost anything or not but i got over it after buying a supported pack.

Edit reason: Small typo.

And again: This is the worst argument ever. Everyone has a right for his or her own joy and pain. So if you are:

Not homeless
Not amputated
Not hungry
Not alone

there is no reason for you to be sad, angry, upset anymore? What is this type of logic? The great depression of arguments? It is such incredible hybris to determine the right for joy or sadness like this.

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
JNF wrote:
"
"

Yes, because ~300 items is a "giant mess" considering the current state of "the economy" in Standard league.

It's far less detrimental in the long run, from a business/customer relationship, to provide replacement/compensation than to write off your long standing supporters. The company profit does come from supporters. That's how a "free to play" business model works. You're aware of that, right? A much greater emphasis should be placed on customer satisfaction. You can argue with semantics until you're blue in the face, but when the end comes it all boils down to those supporter packs providing them with the financial means to implement new features and continue to keep their servers up.

yeah because ppl totally wont be mad about ppl getting "free" shit.....that never happens....right?
it would just end up with ggg being flooded in hate posts. this game doesnt need that.
"
yeah because ppl totally wont be mad about ppl getting "free" shit.....that never happens....right?
it would just end up with ggg being flooded in hate posts. this game doesnt need that.

Some of these people lost _really valuable_ items. The amount of effort it takes to farm that back is ridiculous, and GGG basically just said none of those people's time matters.

"We fucked up, so you just lose 200 hours of your life for nothing except the bug report that helped us stop *other* people from losing 200 hours of their lives. Sorry!"

This is just not okay. I'm never supporting this company again, and I hope other people take this as a cue to do the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info