Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

sounds like they really dont want people to use heralds/auras or to use less of them. which is mostly how some builds need to work which if we have to use less of them. then lower the cost of each heralds by 5% and auras by 10%. most builds need them to either get more damage or to stay alive. this is kind of a stupid trade off. its like a nerf to all builds in general.
rawrawr
If you don't want people stacking so many auras (which is pretty apparent based on the changes to aura reservation you keep making) why not just limit maximum simultaneous auras per character to 2 or 3 then make auras linked to generosity exempt or something?
I dont like this change, just reduce the mana reservation per level or quality in aura gems, but changing one cheap and useful gem like RM for a 50Ex gem like Enlighten lvl 4 is just stupid.
"
maersovi wrote:
I dont like this change, just reduce the mana reservation per level or quality in aura gems, but changing one cheap and useful gem like RM for a 50Ex gem like Enlighten lvl 4 is just stupid.
Do you people even think about the bigger picture of what you're saying here?
-RM is a gem anybody can get.
-Enlighten lvl 4 is super rare/expensive.
-Reducing the mana reserved on auras and heralds is super powerful.

so on live its: Very common support => super powerful with auras/heralds
on beta it will be: Very rare support => super powerful with auras/heralds
The rare thing being super powerful is stupid? I can't wrap my head around this logic.
Wow. Such pain.

How about we play a game?

Imagine you had to build your characters in previous leagues without RM. Just from the tree.
Imagine you never had the RM option at all.

In all likelyhood you never would have built a character that has as many auras/heralds as it currently does.

Now imagine you just got the news about empower being changed to affect reservations, instead of its useless faster xp stat.

Ecstatic, arent you?

B. (The game will be different, not broken)
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
Melenkor wrote:
"
maersovi wrote:
Do you people even think about the bigger picture of what you're saying here?
-RM is a gem anybody can get.
-Enlighten lvl 4 is super rare/expensive.
-Reducing the mana reserved on auras and heralds is super powerful.

so on live its: Very common support => super powerful with auras/heralds
on beta it will be: Very rare support => super powerful with auras/heralds
The rare thing being super powerful is stupid? I can't wrap my head around this logic.

Oh we get it, but it won't change anything...will just be more of a pain in the ass to get, but we will get it! People seam to under the false assumption that just because it's going to be rare/expensive that people will just turn a blind eye to the gem...but we won't, everyone and their mother will go out of their way to get the gem, assuming they have the currency...everyone else gets kinda screwed including temp leagues, the message I perceive from this change is like "sorry if you're temp or don't have the $, you're SOL"...heck people on live already buying them up like candy at lvl 1's and leveling them, we all got till like july!

So yeah...doesn't change anything, just adds more hassle to a situation that was rather fine where it was. Gating to the rich, just like with legacies and high ES gear, lets see what else they add to the gating shall we?! lol...this game needs to move away from gating and restrictions and be more about having fun, this is a game after all!

And the gem is only not mandatory if you look past the fact it reduces mana reserved, who is going to look past that?! If I place a gold coin in a 100 ft tree worth 10,000 and then hand you a gold coin worth 5000$, and say it's not mandatory to get the gold in the tree, but you can if you want, how many people do you think will find a way up that tree?! A choice is only a choice if people feel it's a choice to begin with, having it gated is forcing the poor to not be able to, which is not a choice...it's a forced outcome of an action! lol
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 12, 2015, 2:29:02 AM
Interesting - reduce the necessity to require strength nodes for Intelligence builds. But considering that I am preferentially a staff caster, then strength will always be a necessity on my passive tree. Unless you are considering a keystone which would make equipping high dex/str gear easier? I will just have to shepherd less auras/heralds.

I have only in extreme cases used RM for an active skill. And that would be for a (decent) four socket or five socket. And even then, because; the final gem is not found, not yet quested or (as yet) unaffordable. You would have to raise the reduction or have it offer some off-purpose to expand the need to utilise RM.
I honestly expected this to come.
great changes. I only hope you can still run hoi/hot/anger/wrath/purity with enough mana reservation nodes and doesnt need a EL4 for it.
I hope this will work out in the end. Big changes are always scary.
it is use less to make redundant things once you have the better copies of same things for example

EB / Reduced mana

i mean i don't get it that first NRF EB / Reduced mana . then make new things adjust more thing and balance out and balance in many things to compensate the NRF. in my point of view its a futile exercise. better is to keep such Passives / Skill Gem unchanged.

new Contents/Skills

game is kept live and robust this way. but there are skills in this game which are long forgotten due to these major potentially build breaking and build enabling changes...elemental hit is such an example.
should emphases on adding new skills as well as keeping old skills alive people will have variety of skills to work with... this way they will invest more time in game.

GGG REMEMBER AT THE END IT WILL BE YOU WHO LEFT US...GGG we love you it will be a waste if this much effort goes in vane due to your BALANCE ADJUST DOGMA

I MEAN CURRENTLY NO ONE IS PLAYING BETA EVERY ONE IS IN FLASH BACK LEAGUE... CHECK OUT THE STREAMS
Last edited by hassnainvj on May 12, 2015, 9:30:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info