Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Martox29A wrote:
Balancing auras without reduced mana is a great step forward.
Making enlighten the new reduced mana is a big step back, it will become as mandatory as RM is, but just stupidly long to levelup and difficult to obtain for most players.

One step forward and one step back: it's not what i'd call 2.0 GGG.

Werd. Listen to this man. takes 4 character leveling to 90 to make a single Enlighten 3 with 20Q. (5 with 0q)

Many ppl dont even have 4 level 90s.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 5:31:00 AM
"
_Trekka wrote:
Another change that benefits the top 1% of players while shafting the rest

Except for rendering many people in that 1% mirrored items' broken for certain builds. Again this should really put some perspective on how small the change is to the majority of the community.
Make Things For Smile!
Why not introduce with the maraketh weapons, a new maraketh item, called "maraketh bracers".

Maraketh Bracers:

Implicit Mod: Global Reduced Aura Reservation xx%
(higher reduction for the highest lvl requirement)

3 Prefixes

3 Suffixes

My Idea for Prefixes and Suffixes, create something completely different for this, some normal Affixes and some build changing or some new ones that only appear on breacers.
So we have less gems used for auras and more space for other gems to use. GGG would be able to create with this new base item some new Affixes.

examples: increased Cold/Fire/Chaos/Lightning Damage
increases the damage of skill x by x%
damage conversion
leech? dodge/evade? block? max resi? movementspeed? attackspeed? accuracy?
give a skill gem an additional mechanic

yeah it would be easier for players to reduce auras Reservation, but maybe a better solution plus u could create with a new base item new Affixes that only appear to this base and give something totally new that couldnt be implented before.
Last edited by MrZimz on May 8, 2015, 5:33:49 AM
While you are at overhauling auras and mana reserved, stop forcing players to pick "Area Aura of Effect" passives, which are strategically placed before reduce reservation. These passives are useless for solo players.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Erm.
Remove Reduced Mana as mandatory, okay. I get that. But then immediately replace it with another 30+ ex mandatory gem. (Yes. Mandatory when trying to keep existing character builds that rely on multiple auras functional).

In a way it would have been better just to remove the aura reservation part from RM and leave it be. For the perm league players it would have made it easier to accept that those characters are dead, delete or respec them, and move on. With the changes as they are now, however, only those with deep enough pockets will be able to salvage their current aura based builds. Sounds fair.

Come on GGG. Stop shitting on your more casual / temp league only player base.

pfft...
Anyway, after the EB massacre I thought the worst of the nerfs were behind us. Seems we were only scratching the surface.
"
MrZimz wrote:
Why not introduce with the maraketh weapons, a new maraketh item, called "maraketh bracers".

Maraketh Bracers:

Implicit Mod: Global Reduced Aura Reservation xx%
(higher reduction for the highest lvl requirement)

3 Prefixes

3 Suffixes

My Idea for Prefixes and Suffixes, create something completely different for this, some normal Affixes and some build changing or some new ones that only appear on breacers.
So we have less gems used for auras and more space for other gems to use. GGG would be able to create with this new base item some new Affixes.

examples: increased Cold/Fire/Chaos/Lightning Damage
increases the damage of skill x by x%
damage conversion
leech? dodge/evade? block? max resi? movementspeed? attackspeed? accuracy?
give a skill gem an additional mechanic

yeah it would be easier for players to reduce auras Reservation, but maybe a better solution plus u could create with a new base item new Affixes that only appear to this base and give something totally new that couldnt be implented before.

So instead of a change to how much auras reserve at their base or how gems reduce this amount, you propose a completely new item base with unprecedented intrinsic properties that change based on the gems socketed in it and having its random modifiers be on the level of jewels, uniques, and corrupted items?
Don't mean to be a dick here, I appreciate your creativity and how much thought you put into your response, but too many things stack against this being a good solution.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Seriously?
I made an EB build in the beta and before that patch I could perfectly fit in one herald, one big aura (hatred) and discipline.
Now I'm left with discipline (which I need for EB) and just one Aura.
This makes EB useless.
Seems to me you're breaking your own balancing here.
"
Radoth wrote:
I would prefer aura reservation scale with aura quality,
making it like 0.2%/1q would be better than forcing use into enlighten.

-only one person ever in my 6000+ hours of playing cared about aura quality.

-Roughly 60% of players i know used Enlighten for gem leveling,
what made it nice optional extra, not something that players had to use.

Holy shit GGG listen to this guy! One post in 20 pages that nobody seemed to notice, solves the issues with Reduced Mana being mandatory and aura quality being useless in one blow.

Disclaimer: I usually take blood magic so I have no personal investment in this

The Aura-Meta is gonna get shaked up... finaly

Over all i think this change was needed. I like the concept and i am looking foreward to it. Freeing up a gem slot while using auras is very nice for many builds.
On the other hand builds which are going to invest in Auras/Aura passives and maybe the new enlighten gem will be able to stack even more auras - nice!

As long as a regular build is able to run 2 Auras with little investment it is gonna be fine i assume. Everyone who wants to run more than that have to invest in it. High end game players will have a powerfull option in using a high level Enlighten (which is hopefully as hard to aquire as it is now; this sets another end game goal for those and an additional incentive to grind.

The reduction of reservation costs of auras is great (i remember the times back in beta when aura reservation was much lower --> more build diversity and more freedom in costumization of character builds)

Some concerns:

New Reduced Mana is becoming very niche with the new change. I can't currently think of any good use for it. When you struggle with mana you havemany options:

- using EB/CO/GR Combo
- using Mana on Hit passive noteable
- using reduced mana cost of skills noteables
- using mana leech on gear or support gem
- using Blood Magic keystone or support gem
- using clarity + % mana regen on gear/passive tree

There are so many options to make your skill sustainable right now in the game. Using a support gem slot to do this is kind of a waste because you also could get more damage instead.

Also by using the current values on the beta server i must say that there are ways to make your skills cost 0 Mana to cast with this support gem, which is broken in my opinion, especially with the use of muliple jewels which require certain conditions to show there benefit.

Regarding Auras: Please consider buffing Determination and Vitaltiy. Discipline already got a huge buff by reducing its reservation cost from 60-->40-->35. Determination is in a similar state as a global defense modifier and deserves a reservation buff like Discipline. Vitality is currently to costly to use when you just could take 2 passive points for the same effect. Please consider to make vitality more interesting and worth to use.

TLDR: consider reducing Determination's reservation cost to 35% (like Discipline) and buff vitality in some way.

"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Radoth wrote:
I would prefer aura reservation scale with aura quality,
making it like 0.2%/1q would be better than forcing use into enlighten.

-only one person ever in my 6000+ hours of playing cared about aura quality.

-Roughly 60% of players i know used Enlighten for gem leveling,
what made it nice optional extra, not something that players had to use.

Holy shit GGG listen to this guy! One post in 20 pages that nobody seemed to notice, solves the issues with Reduced Mana being mandatory and aura quality being useless in one blow.

Disclaimer: I usually take blood magic so I have no personal investment in this

Very good sugestion indeed, i like it. Maybe if the reservation effect on quality auras is too strong GGG could consider changing the quality of Auras to something that benefits the aura directly:

for example:
Grace: 0.75% increased global Evasion rating per 1% quality
Vitality: 0.5% increased life regeneration rate per 1% quality
Hatred: 0.5% more cold damage per 1% quality
Clarity: 0.5% increased mana regeneration rate per 1% quality
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on May 8, 2015, 5:53:22 AM
"
cosacee wrote:
1 less buff aura can make or break builds relying on synergies, less is more to you? if you want less customisation and less options and want your game to tell you where you should put your next stat point you should go play diablo 3

When did i showed that i "want" less customisation and less option here? I do draw my own trees, gem combinations and try to make non-mainstream builds work~ I like customisation alot~ which is why i can't stop playing poe~ Don't be those who bind dead to this aura+buff stacking and builds made by others~ unable to adapt to changes~ just like last time how ppl QQ about aura changes and still easily go end game / become op afterward~ GGG break alot of builds b4 but we exiles lived with it~ Don't let them beat you~
Try to build along with it before say it's broken~ possibilities are still there~

Once again, it's not final changes~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info