Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Martox29A wrote:
One step forward and one step back: it's not what i'd call 2.0 GGG.

Its not 2.0, that's why its still in beta. And really... between black and white are a thousand shades of gray. Reduced Mana was pretty much mandatory before these changes, but if Enlighten is properly balanced it will not take its place. Any change that removes "must-have"-skills is three steps forward in my book.
"
rockmassif wrote:
Reducing Reservation costs but removing Reduced Mana and then turning Enlighten into a mini-Reduced Mana and making it more useful for really end-game min-maxed builds.

Fine by me. Good Change.

Enlighten is useful for builds at every stage of the game with this change. With a level 3 enlighten you'll generally get an additional aura (or an additional gem slot on your DPS skill due to not having to use Blood Magic). Level 4 Enlighten in a Geofri's or whatever is amazing. There are very, very few builds that won't benefit.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
RXXQ wrote:
I can't talk before this is completely developed and all but...

All my builds went to hell with this. Even my melee characters used 3x auras, it's an easy and non-expensive way to NOT HAVE A SHIT BUILD.

So... it's now even harder to get anything done. I don't like this. No auras, and no CwDT Cry/Totems and 5 second delay on Frost Wall. I honestly feel like everything I use is getting nerfed lmao I'm sad.

We don't even know the new reservation costs yet. Maybe your Character will still have 3x auras without reduced mana.

Maybe y'all should hold your tears until you actually played with the change.
That's the reason it's a beta.

We do know the aura costs. They're live in the beta right now. It's slightly less than a level 8 reduced mana for most skills.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on May 8, 2015, 1:49:58 AM
i can imagine how weak become all 2/3 aura builds(1 60% plus 1 or 2 heralds) from guys who play 3-4 hours on weekends or after work
its like half year to lvlup enlight 3 for them
casuals killed
ign - FancySneakyDevil
There goes auras. Killing off a part of your game in a sense.
"
Sezuki wrote:
"
Martox29A wrote:
One step forward and one step back: it's not what i'd call 2.0 GGG.

Its not 2.0, that's why its still in beta. And really... between black and white are a thousand shades of gray. Reduced Mana was pretty much mandatory before these changes, but if Enlighten is properly balanced it will not take its place. Any change that removes "must-have"-skills is three steps forward in my book.

Enlighten works exactly like Reduced Mana before the changes.
It's like they renamed "Reduced Mana" to "Enlighten", made it rare and hard to level.
It's still must-have but now it's a lot more expensive.
There is no "proper balancing" going on here.
Later on:Deal of the day :hatred, wrath and anger skull effects discounted at 99%!
Like how making it month to level and super rare makes it less mandatory? What?
the only reason why I think GGG thinks its ok to put this function on enlighten is the crazy xp required. basically, it becomes a very expensive and time-consuming luxury in temp leagues. which is the main thing GGG cares about, so it makes *some* sense.

ironically, the accessibility to full aura power are then curbed and you can only squeeze out the most auras you can get when youre like in mid-90s...
Oh you actually did it, my support letter was delivered, Brian didn't lied =)
Great, now i need more ex for my build :v, " best" change ever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info