Sayya's Item Filter (version 2.81) - updated for Ritual!

This filter is now ready for 2.6.0 and the Legacy leagues!

The most important changes are the handling of identified/corrupted items (especially potential Warbands magic items, which are now obvious) and the support for Legacy league changes (leaguestones, reliquary keys, and in theory Relics, though we don't have any official info from GGG about whether Relics have their own rarity level or not). More details about other minor changes are below.
Spoiler
Adjusted the handling of potential Warbands items; added handling for
other identified and corruped items; adjusted breach ring border; added
support for Leaguestones and Relics; adjusted the handling of fishing
rods; adjusted clutter handling; changes to labyrinth items

In addition, Dissolator has made a very interesting tool called FilterBlast. The website allows you to load a filter from a popular list, change which blocks are shown/hidden with a single click, and download or save the edited filter. This will take you to my filter on that site for you to play with as you like. As of the time of this post it is not updated to the 2.6.0-ready version, but that will be fixed before the leagues launch and will in the future be automatically updated when my filter is. I believe it will also allow you to work from the default filter OR the no-hide filter if you so desire.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
thanks for updating your awesome filter. Though i came here to ask if there is some way i could format it so its not in just a big blob on the notepad, i had a previous version where it was formatted so i could easily edit some thing/add some things. Also, added chaos gem is drop only, would it be possible to make it bigger/have border like the others?
Last edited by Akibatsu on Mar 2, 2017, 10:41:28 PM
"
Akibatsu wrote:
thanks for updating your awesome filter. Though i came here to ask if there is some way i could format it so its not in just a big blob on the notepad, i had a previous version where it was formatted so i could easily edit some thing/add some things. Also, added chaos gem is drop only, would it be possible to make it bigger/have border like the others?

Oh, yes, oops. Fixing that now.

And I'm not sure what you mean about a big blob on the notepad. I use Notepad++ to write/edit it, and the formatting's quite clear with useful whitespace and all that. If you're using regular Notepad that might be part of it. It might also depend on which link you got it from. If needed I can email you the copy I work from.

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Not loading for me, sayya_default and sayya_nohide appear in the UI selectable tab but the filter doesn't load successfully.

In-game chatbox message says:

Failed to load Item Filter: Line 191: Unable to parse parameter for Class rule: No item classes matching "Leaguestone"

Maybe something is borked there but I assume it has to do with the fact that legacy is not live yet and something isn't being read properly.
Last edited by EdmondPoe on Mar 3, 2017, 3:52:41 AM
"
EdmondPoe wrote:
Not loading for me, sayya_default and sayya_nohide appear in the UI selectable tab but the filter doesn't load successfully.

In-game chatbox message says:

Failed to load Item Filter: Line 191: Unable to parse parameter for Class rule: No item classes matching "Leaguestone"

Maybe something is borked there but I assume it has to do with the fact that legacy is not live yet and something isn't being read properly.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. As soon as 2.6 goes live the game will know what Leaguestones are and it won't make that complaint.

"
"
Akibatsu wrote:

Oh, yes, oops. Fixing that now.

And I'm not sure what you mean about a big blob on the notepad. I use Notepad++ to write/edit it, and the formatting's quite clear with useful whitespace and all that. If you're using regular Notepad that might be part of it. It might also depend on which link you got it from. If needed I can email you the copy I work from.

I've used regular notepad in the past, i think. Anyways, works with notepad++. And by big blob i mean that the entire filter was like 19 lines. Not sure if this will have any impact or not. Using the link on the 1st page of this forum post from github.
Thank you Sayya.

Love this filter, absolutly the best.

Keep up the good work, and good luck in Legacy League.

Cheers //PantheraLeo
Lycaon Pictus
"
Akibatsu wrote:
"
"
Akibatsu wrote:
thanks for updating your awesome filter. Though i came here to ask if there is some way i could format it so its not in just a big blob on the notepad, i had a previous version where it was formatted so i could easily edit some thing/add some things.

I've used regular notepad in the past, i think. Anyways, works with notepad++. And by big blob i mean that the entire filter was like 19 lines. Not sure if this will have any impact or not. Using the link on the 1st page of this forum post from github.

Hmm, interesting. I might have to look into it at some point. Glad Notepad++ is working for you, though!

"
PantheraLeo71 wrote:
Thank you Sayya.

Love this filter, absolutly the best.

Keep up the good work, and good luck in Legacy League.

Cheers //PantheraLeo

Thanks for the continued support, and you're welcome! Best of luck to you too. :)

"
Hi, I will edit this if needed but

I tried your filter 30 sec. I'm searching one similar to the default one for the main reason that I have to add the iron ring drop for the recipe. Your filter, for now, seem very similar. There is 1 major thing I immediately spotted tho : the essences. They are the same as orbs, but they are essences, not orbs... You should do something to make them different.

As it stands, all currency items are treated by the same few blocks--essences are indeed a currency, as are breach splinters and the like. At present, Remnants of Corruption and breach splinters are treated as a mid-tier currency, so they get an alert sound as well as a currency-colored border and increased font size, while essences are in the low-tier currency block.

I've been considering moving the essences up to the mid-tier currency block, which would make them more distinctive. My main concern with this is that it removes the distinction between Remnants of Corruption and other essences, but that may not be a big deal. I don't want to give them their own block (with, say, currency-colored text and a corruption-colored border) for the same reason I don't want to handle essences separately in general: the more things get special treatment, the more a filter gets cluttered over time, becoming less maintainable and more difficult for people who are unfamiliar with item filters to understand and edit. Breach splinters worked quite well with the default mid-tier currency handling, and I believe essences will as well. I probably will upgrade the essences to mid-tier currency in the next pass of minor fixes, though.

"
edit : oh, when we hold our button to show all items on the ground we don't see them, they are too much transparent, I have to put my nose on my monitor to be able to read them.

This is fair, and will also be changed in the next edit pass. Once upon a time, those items were always displayed faintly instead of being hidden, and in the last iteration I moved them to being hidden entirely since neither I nor anyone I know using the filter had ever wanted to pick one up. But I simply flipped those blocks to hide instead of clearing out the old formatting as well.

Thanks for your feedback! Always good to hear user perspectives. And I will definitely take a look at your changes. :)

Last edited by SayyadinaAtreides on Mar 6, 2017, 11:19:48 PM
"
edit : Read my whole wall of text before answering because you will lose time for nothing on a couple questions since I found their answers.

Hi again.

What is the purpose of the chaos and regal RCP blocks ?

Why, at a couple places in the filter, there is half words ? Is it working anyway ? Is it mistakes from you I spotted because you worked too fast lol ? I modified them to be sure they work :P

edit : "Cleanup (dimming and shrinking) after A1N" A2N Southern Forest is lv 13. Why are you hiding white and blue stuff above lv 30 ? Do we have to update this to 13 ?
And at the bottom of the filter, "Cleanup (shrinking only) in A1N" what is it ? Only the size of the items on the ground ? I'm on the coast right now, I killed mobs and dropped a behemot mace Ilv 76 and everything is the same size. Have you forget to add the under lv 30 (13?) ?
And what is the difference between shrinking and dimming ? Did you forget to change the colour of the text too ?

Last question, I'm not sure if the problem come from the section "Cleanup (hiding)" or the "Other Items (accessories, chisel hammers, Maraketh weapons, Sacrificial Garb)" but too much junks are showing still at high lv, this isn't normal since this is the main purpose of a filter.

I picked a sorcerer boot and chanced it. The boot became blue so I dropped it on the ground and this is showing, it's supposed to be hidden.

Edit : you disabled the hybrid flask, why ? A mistake or intended ? I copied/pasted all mana flask and renamed them hybrid. I checked on the wiki they dont follow the same lv curve so I'll have to check this on a new char, 1 day... For now look like I'm fine in maps (I allowed them and now it was showing in maps)

For most of your questions about filter syntax and class names, check out davros70's Guide to Item Filters

Recipe rares are highlighted for quick visibility. They're most useful in areas where not all rares qualify for the same recipe (i.e. level 73 or 74 maps and level 58 and 59 zones), but can also be nice to quickly know what to grab if you don't have room for all the rares on the ground.

When I didn't use the full Class or BaseType names to refer to objects, it was generally for a reason. :P Again, read what davros has to say about how class matching works. Depending on which ones you 'fixed,' you may have broken some of the functionality. Often one word matching multiple Classes or BaseTypes was used to improve maintainability.

The comments on some of the lower blocks are still out of sync from the last update when I changed how low level items are handled. The rest of this I already explained in a previous reply to you.

As far as what isn't hidden, your definition of what is junk doesn't match everyone else's. The filter is designed to be usable by a very wide group of people. There are things you don't want that other people do, and vice versa. It's also designed to be easily modifiable, so if things like Maraketh weapons and blue accessories bother you, you can disable those blocks with a single click in Filtration or a quick delete manually. And it's far easier for you to delete blocks you don't want than for someone else to add entirely new blocks--that's why the default filter is this inclusive. It works for SSF and racing as well as 'normal' use.

If you drop identified magic boots on the ground, they are indeed supposed to be shown. Otherwise, Warbands-only magic items would not show up. All identified, non-corrupted magic boots, gloves, helmets, and weapons are shown for that reason. This is only extraneous when you chance something and drop it (in which case, it should be obvious you don't want to pick it up) or when strongboxes/sextants/tempests drop identified items, which is a very small subset of the time. If you'd rather delete that block and manually search through Warbands blues, that's up to you. It's also quite useful to Hidden Potential builds and the like.

I did not disable all hybrid flasks; Hallowed Hybrids should still be shown, but I'll double-check that it's working. On the rare builds that do use hybrid flasks, I never found myself using them until Hallowed. If you do frequently use hybrids, though, it's a reasonable change.

And yes, because the uniques block does not further differentiate by properties, corrupted uniques will not be affected by deleting the corrupted item blocks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info