Sayya's Item Filter (version 2.81) - updated for Ritual!

Thanks for making this and keeping it updated. Your filter is elegant - it really feels like it is part of the game, and not an obtrusive distraction like many filters are. The functionality is there - I don't miss anything, and yet don't feel like the screen is cluttered.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I tried out several filters today and I like this one the best, I just see one problem with it.

I have it set to show all items (the way I like it) and I hold control to pickup (also the show all button).

I posted 2 screenshots here, the first one shows a bunch of items, the second one shows another item with a large frame highlight, bigger and all that.

It only shows that item if I hold control, even though I have "Always Highlight" selected.

So I am confused as to why some items don't show at all unless I hold the highlight key down.

Any input would be great!

*EDIT* The items that are doing this are not really even useful stuff, not good recipe items (as far as I know, I am still figuring that out) but they sure don't seem to be, and are not something I would use or useful to sell.

Last edited by SimplPrimate on Mar 5, 2016, 5:17:52 AM
Sayya, I noticed that keys (golden key, silver key and such) from the Labyrinth show in a very small font size, not sure if intentional but I found that a bit annoying. Might want to have a look at that in the next update. :)
Hello good human,

as you may know, the keys and other labyrinth items bypass the filters, so they always show, but the font size is still small, I made some changes to your filter, (I hope you're ok with that, I didn't mean to be rude). Basically I just added a "Labyrinth Items" section using Filtration:

Spoiler

The keys look something like this but with a red-copper border. I haven't been lucky with the Trinkets so I don't have an screenshot of those and can't confirm if it works. I tried to make this section just like the rest of the filter: no flashy colours, just nice borders.

Spoiler

The filter is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37821094/filter%205%20asc%20keys.filter

I hope I could have been of help and thank you for your filter.
Last edited by Bockris on Mar 20, 2016, 3:20:28 PM
Bump this cool loot filter so people can see it!
Hello, it's me again, I got some more screenshots of the Labyrinth Items:

Keys
Silver
Golden
Treasure

Trinkets

This was made using Filtration, as I said on my previous post.

NOTE: The filter in these pictures is a customized version of Sayya's Filter, it's not the one linked in my previous post.

I hope I could have been of help.
Trying this filter today, and I like it decently. A few too many sounds (Perandus Coins wtf) for my preference, but that was easy to change.

However something that annoys me and that I can't quite figure out myself is maps. I would prefer no sound for maps < tier 9, and then slightly larger and sound above that. How do I write that?
Last edited by seriousbob on May 18, 2016, 2:32:13 AM
Sorry for the delay, I've been on a bit of a break from PoE lately. Hopefully you'll all be happy to know that the filter has now been updated for Prophecy! In addition to adding Prophecies and Silver Coins to the list of mid-tier currencies, Labyrinth items have been enlarged (thanks to Hypaethral on github for reminding me of that, as well as you guys here). Now let's see if I can address these other issues (sorry again for not seeing these earlier!).

"
However something that annoys me and that I can't quite figure out myself is maps. I would prefer no sound for maps < tier 9, and then slightly larger and sound above that. How do I write that?

Last time I checked, there was no way to filter by tier specifically. What you'd have to do is create one map block that lists all the base types below tier 9, and one map block with the alert sound for all base types of tier 9+. Kind of obnoxious.

"
*Lab stuff*

I really appreciate all the input on this! I decided for now to simply increase the font size to make the keys more visible/easier to click on. I'm not adding a colored border yet because I think the size should make them distinctive enough, and I want to avoid adding too much more in the way of "colors people need to remember" and certainly don't want to lump multiple item types together (like lab items and currency, or lab items and uniques). If most people really do want a border, I'll look at picking a nice one, but the key and trinket blocks are separate, so you can also add your own!

"
I have it set to show all items (the way I like it) and I hold control to pickup (also the show all button).

I posted 2 screenshots here, the first one shows a bunch of items, the second one shows another item with a large frame highlight, bigger and all that.

It only shows that item if I hold control, even though I have "Always Highlight" selected.

The items in question (from what I can tell in your screenshot) are potential Warbands blues, which are hidden by default because they're sort of cluttery and not generally terribly useful. If you really want to show every item (just smaller) without pressing control, the github has a no-hide version which (should) behave the way you describe you want things.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Thanks a bunch Sayya, awesome that you found time to update the filter even when you have more pressing stuff to deal with no doubt. Really appreciate it!
Thanks again Sayya!
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info