State of the Beta

"
roetetoet wrote:
You might as well put a new 2 month league between in, end of June early July is a long way to go :(

pretty much this I am dying to play this game and with no league its no go. Just open another league now so we dont have to wait 2 months and die of boredom
"
"
roetetoet wrote:
You might as well put a new 2 month league between in, end of June early July is a long way to go :(

pretty much this I am dying to play this game and with no league its no go. Just open another league now so we dont have to wait 2 months and die of boredom

You didn't read about the 1 month ruckus league starting in a bit?
Thanks Qarl for the update :)

Looks like a regular IT project to me. Some stuff is easier than planned, some stuff harder, and it's going to be a bit late :p

Everthing's normal, guys :) Keep up the good work !
Wish i could play :(!
What jewels you removing, I had some ideas for hidden potencial so I hope you wount remove that.
"
Kalann_Pander wrote:
Thanks Qarl for the update :)

Looks like a regular IT project to me. Some stuff is easier than planned, some stuff harder, and it's going to be a bit late :p

Everthing's normal, guys :) Keep up the good work !

This.

Hopefully more people understand that a beta test is first and foremost about providing feedback.

If you're playing to test your build, remember that your logic is flawed from the get-go since your build will definitely change before the final release.

GGG provides more transparency than nearly any other gaming company. In the rare occurrence that they make a mistake, they admit it. When something is going to be delayed, or something is in the game how it is, they take the time to explain their reasoning. Even if you don't fully agree with it, you have to compare it to other companies who spout nonsense (or nothing at all) and have no cares for their communities.

PS - anyone complaining about no leagues - you didn't read Qarl's post where he said the new month long leagues will be starting shortly.
One month league... pfff! one or two week leagues!!!!!
Whatever you do, please don't get rid of Rain of Splinters! It's so baller!
"
Rafurion wrote:
I don't know how I feel about new top tier mods.

"
MidWest wrote:
Could you please go into a bit more detail when you say "New Top Tier Mods" Qarl. I'm not much of a fan of the top tier changing myself,so I hope you just meant adding a couple new ones???

ya, I agree man, theres places where new top tier mods could be cool but Qarl please dont invalidate everyones gear by adding new top tier mods for key stats like ipd, flat damage (flaring etc) life, % defense, flat defense (es, ar, ev), attack speed, local crit chance and multi, resist, movespeed, spell damage, cast speed. I feel like the game doesnt need them, at all, so if it doesnt need them and if you invalidate perm league high end gears for the sake of it, thats going to be so horrible, thats exactly the diablo model style thing you guys have always said you didnt want to do and if you do it I think a lot of us perm league players are going to take very, very badly to it. If you invalidate 2 years of what weve worked for, a lot of us arnt going to stick around for another 2 years because while you left it open without guarantees you stated you didnt want to do this and theres no need for it. Im not playing a game where higher mods are added for the sake of it making what Ive worked for second class. People who play ladders wont be effected either way, it literally doesnt matter for them if you add new top tiers or dont, it only effects perm players and only effects us badly imo. I play ladders too of course, but if you mess with my perm gears then I wont be playing anything tbh, it just sends a clear message that nothing I work for is worth working for. I dont want to sound QQ and doom n gloom but thats honest feedback, so it is what it is.

If youre talking about stats like life regen, life on hit, life/mana on kill etc that currently dont scale to a point where even the top rolls are significantly useful in endgame, thats awesome. Thats a change Id really love to see in the game.

edit: just wanted to add, maybe flat mana is a stat that could use some love given new eb changes? flat mana before was DansGame because ud just get 5 to 10x as much es on the piece and use that, it would be nice is flat mana was actually something you wanted now.

Regarding beta taking longer, obviously there will be QQ, my personal feeling is that its done when its done. However long it takes Id like to see you guys get it right, get everything as good as it can be, if it gets pushed back 1, 2, 3, 4 weeks, longer, I dont care, Im more happy knowing you guys are not releasing till its ready.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on May 4, 2015, 11:47:07 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ya, I agree man, theres places where new top tier mods could be cool but Qarl please dont invalidate everyones gear by adding new top tier mods for key stats like ipd, flat damage (flaring etc) life, % defense, flat defense (es, ar, ev), attack speed, local crit chance and multi, resist, movespeed, spell damage, cast speed. I feel like the game doesnt need them, at all, so if it doesnt need them and if you invalidate perm league high end gears for the sake of it, thats going to be so horrible, thats exactly the diablo model style thing you guys have always said you didnt want to do and if you do it I think a lot of us perm league players are going to take very, very badly to it. If you invalidate 2 years of what weve worked for, a lot of us arnt going to stick around for another 2 years because while you left it open without guarantees you stated you didnt want to do this and theres no need for it. Im not playing a game where higher mods are added for the sake of it making what Ive worked for second class. People who play ladders wont be effected either way, it literally doesnt matter for them if you add new top tiers or dont, it only effects perm players and only effects us badly imo. I play ladders too of course, but if you mess with my perm gears then I wont be playing anything tbh, it just sends a clear message that nothing I work for is worth working for. I dont want to sound QQ and doom n gloom but thats honest feedback, so it is what it is.

If youre talking about stats like life regen, life on hit, life/mana on kill etc that currently dont scale to a point where even the top rolls are significantly useful in endgame, thats awesome. Thats a change Id really love to see in the game.

+10

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info