[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

2.3 (Full Version - Diff)
  • Added support for the new Talisman league.
  • Added a bordercolor for Orb of Fusing, Blessed Orb, Orb of Scouring, Orb of Alchemy, Vaal Orb and Cartographer's Chisel.
  • Added further comments to improve theme support.
  • Removed the explicitly mentioned BaseTypes where they weren't needed.
  • Added new Divination Cards to their approriate blocks. This is optional, new Divination Cards will always be shown.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Dec 13, 2015, 12:56:35 PM
I was waiting for this, tnx a lot.
A "deterministic" way to waste your time

Italian Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/123491614671703/

Italian global: /global 69
My personally Talisman update before the update

# Section: ### Talisman #######################################################

Show # Talisman - Normal
Rarity = Normal
BaseType "Talisman"
SetTextColor 255 255 255
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 240
SetBorderColor 170 158 130
SetFontSize 28

Show # Talisman - Magic
Rarity = Magic
BaseType "Talisman"
SetTextColor 255 255 255
SetBorderColor 74 0 160 200
SetFontSize 28

Show # Talisman - Rare
Rarity = Rare
BaseType "Talisman"
SetTextColor 255 200 0
SetBorderColor 74 0 160 200
SetFontSize 28

Thanks for the update 2.3 and fixes :)
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Dec 14, 2015, 7:00:27 AM
Could you update the Filter to show Sorcerer boots since they became the best item to chance for Skyforth?
IGN- Olive__
"
Kinna wrote:
Could you update the Filter to show Sorcerer boots since they became the best item to chance for Skyforth?

Have a look at the first post. It includes a FAQ entry that explains how to add additional chance bases.

Spoiler

#Misc - Chance - Sorcerer Boots
Show
BaseType "Sorcerer Boots"
Rarity Normal
SetFontSize 28
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 200 #Dimmed Background
SetBorderColor 175 96 37 150 #Chance
SetTextColor 200 200 200 #Chance
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Thanks!
"Embrace the darkness"
I have never used a filter before, but I think I would like to since I now have a witch that can clear areas very quickly, stopping to look at loot is my bottle neck now, but before I implement this filter (which seems to be a nice one), I had some questions I was hoping someone could clear up for me.

It is kind of hard to tell by reading through the filter, what does this filter hide by default for the most part? It looks like all weapons/armor with no sockets (which is fine), and the obsolete gear section which is also fine I guess. Looks like scarcely used jewelry, and some magic jewelry.
Why is normal high level jewelry shown, but not magic? because you can craft normal, and magic is usually garbage, but rares are still ok?
Since this is my first time using a filter, I just want to be sure that I’m not filtering anything that I would want, because I am still pretty nooby, and am defeintely not at end game yet, so I might want ok stuff along the way. Anything else I might have missed while reading through it?

I am curious about chisel recipe example picture in the OP.
The rock breaker of rejuvination having no quality is clear, but doesn’t the buzzing rock breaker of calm also have no quality? Shouldn’t it say “superior” in front of it if it has quality? Or can the filter filter out the word “superior” from items? I noticed the Q10+ gems screenshot also doesn’t say “superior” anywhere. I don’t think i would like that, is there a way to restore is saying superior if that’s the case?

I see some people mentioning “Chance bases”. Are they referring to the flush recipe to get 5 chance orbs? And therefore the “chances” section in this filter? Why those items? are they more commonly dropped?
I never bothered with that flush recipe after trying and seeing how much of a PITA it was. Does it get easier in end game or something?

why does the chaos + regal recipe section only have small weapons, bows, and some armor parts (but not rings or ammies, which is what i am always lacking)? I use all types of weapons when i am collecting for them, so what’s the logic in only showing some of them?
"
phantom16 wrote:
I have never used a filter before, but I think I would like to since I now have a witch that can clear areas very quickly, stopping to look at loot is my bottle neck now, but before I implement this filter (which seems to be a nice one), I had some questions I was hoping someone could clear up for me.

Let's see :)

"
phantom16 wrote:

It is kind of hard to tell by reading through the filter, what does this filter hide by default for the most part? It looks like all weapons/armor with no sockets (which is fine), and the obsolete gear section which is also fine I guess. Looks like scarcely used jewelry, and some magic jewelry.

Correct, although "no sockets" is a little misleading. It means less than 3/4 depending on the slot. The sockets themselves aren't really important, it's just a way to show less items. Ideally I would filter based on implicit value, but that isn't possible.

"
phantom16 wrote:

Why is normal high level jewelry shown, but not magic? because you can craft normal, and magic is usually garbage, but rares are still ok?

Correct again :) Normal jewelry can be alched, whereas magic jewelry needs to be scoured first.

"
phantom16 wrote:

Since this is my first time using a filter, I just want to be sure that I’m not filtering anything that I would want, because I am still pretty nooby, and am defeintely not at end game yet, so I might want ok stuff along the way. Anything else I might have missed while reading through it?

It hides flasks at a certain point unless they have more or equal to 10 quality.

"
phantom16 wrote:

I am curious about chisel recipe example picture in the OP.
The rock breaker of rejuvination having no quality is clear, but doesn’t the buzzing rock breaker of calm also have no quality? Shouldn’t it say “superior” in front of it if it has quality? Or can the filter filter out the word “superior” from items?

It doesn't say “superior” for magic or rare items. Normal items don't need quality to be shown, since they need 4 whetstones by default. To only ever have to use 4, magic items need to have 12% (since every whetstone gives 2 quality for blues) and 16% for rares (since every whetstone gives 1 for rares).

"
phantom16 wrote:

I noticed the Q10+ gems screenshot also doesn’t say “superior” anywhere. I don’t think i would like that, is there a way to restore is saying superior if that’s the case?

It does say "Superior Iron Will" on the gem picture.

"
phantom16 wrote:

I see some people mentioning “Chance bases”. Are they referring to the flush recipe to get 5 chance orbs? And therefore the “chances” section in this filter? Why those items? are they more commonly dropped?
I never bothered with that flush recipe after trying and seeing how much of a PITA it was. Does it get easier in end game or something?

It refers to using a "Orb of Chance" on certain bases in order to have the chance to gain a unique item. The filter highlights bases for high value uniques that are commonly chanced by applying a unique bordercolor to them.

"
phantom16 wrote:

why does the chaos + regal recipe section only have small weapons, bows, and some armor parts (but not rings or ammies, which is what i am always lacking)? I use all types of weapons when i am collecting for them, so what’s the logic in only showing some of them?

Rings and ammies get highlighted anyway, so they don't get listed twice. The reasoning to highlight certain bases over others (it shows all rares) is that I prefer some over the others. For example certain bow bases only need 3x2 inventory slots. So I prefer that over a 2h weapon that requires 4x2.

Thank you for your questions. I can tell that you invested quite some time to look through the filter and I appreciate your thoroughness. Have a look at the customization section at the beginning of the filter. I would imagine you might like to fiddle around with that to custimize certain aspects to suit your needs.

Let me know if there's anything left unclear.
Last edited by Muldini on Dec 17, 2015, 10:37:00 PM
Been away from PoE for a while and have never used loot filters. Why is there so many different choices of filters? Any reason to not use this one over the others?
Last edited by kasub on Dec 18, 2015, 12:45:43 AM
"
kasub wrote:
Why is there so many different choices of filters? Any reason to not use this one over the others?

1) Because different people have different preferences.
2) If your preferences aren't matched by this filter it might be worth to check out some of the others.
Last edited by Muldini on Dec 18, 2015, 1:00:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info