[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

"
Hi how can i change the colour of uniques? or make it so it looks like normal i like the unique colour maybe add a louder sound to it

I assume you're on an older version than 1.0.4. The unique textcolor should be fixed in that version.

To add an AlertSound, search for "### Uniques", there are examples in that section that already have an AlertSound.

*couch* Off-Topic: Is anyone who is using this filter in Tempest Merciless already and feels like killing Malachai in cruel for me as a thank you? :-) *cough*
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 12, 2015, 5:41:05 AM
"
aristona37 wrote:
You should create a repository on Github for this, and push your changes there so we can see what is different in each version.

It will also help people create issues and pull requests.

this would be great and make it so much easier to update and keep the filter up to date, but why is this not a thing yet
A noob quest i managed to make this filter work. But now i am in doubt. On the UI features should i just let it on default or i have to active some options there.
Now this filter is pretty good, keeps a clean look and is comprehensive!

only thing i would like is that you make the size of the filtered out items smaller.
Last edited by AtomicCB on Jul 12, 2015, 7:44:12 PM
I hate to nag, but 1.0.4 has NOT, in fact, fixed the unique colour for valuable uniques. It still uses 0 255 150 instead of 175 96 37.
"
zocke1r wrote:
"
aristona37 wrote:
You should create a repository on Github for this, and push your changes there so we can see what is different in each version.

this would be great and make it so much easier to update and keep the filter up to date, but why is this not a thing yet

This is unlikely to happen. I'm trying to reduce my workload rather than add to it. However I will readd the changelog to the main post that I had during development prior to 1.0.

"
leopower wrote:
A noob quest i managed to make this filter work. But now i am in doubt. On the UI features should i just let it on default or i have to active some options there.

You go to Options -> UI (all the way down) and enable oftrta_v1.0.4.filter. Obviously for anyone reading this later, 1.0.4 was the current version at that time. Always make sure you're using the most recent one.

"
Now this filter is pretty good, keeps a clean look and is comprehensive!

only thing i would like is that you make the size of the filtered out items smaller.

This is easy to change. Open the file in an editor (I recommend Notepad++) or Filtration. In Notepad you scroll all the way down to the end and replace "SetFontSize 26" with anything smaller than 26. In Filtration you click on "Hide" in the section overview to the left and simply edit the value there.

I'll check what it looks like once I play again later today. Might be able to reduce the font size in the next version if it still looks good.

"
Dassa73 wrote:
I hate to nag, but 1.0.4 has NOT, in fact, fixed the unique colour for valuable uniques. It still uses 0 255 150 instead of 175 96 37.

Please read my answer.

In short: The green is intended, the currency color was not.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 13, 2015, 4:22:26 AM
"
Muldini wrote:
"
zocke1r wrote:
"
aristona37 wrote:

This is unlikely to happen. I'm trying to reduce my workload rather than add to it. However I will readd the changelog to the main post that I had during development prior to 1.0.

The thing is, it makes things much more easier. You can simply just edit the file on Github and people can always download the latest version from there without the requirement to check forum posts.

I'm pretty sure someone (if not me) will come up with an application like "Filter Manager", where you can open (just like Acquisition) and it checks for updates on your current scripts, overrides with your custom settings and saves. This will be done in the future, and yours is one of the best filter scripts here. Why don't we already innovate the others?

I could also personally write a generator script which "customizes" your loot filter on your site. Something like:

"Use default color for uniques" or "Enter your own code" (clicking would pop colorpicker)
"Enable progressive loot?" (Enables disabled normal/magic rarity items on low levels)
"Scale the map drops by a factor of (1.0)" (If I write 1.2, the map drops would appear increased in size)
"Enable eye-catching colors for valuable drops or keep the PoE style?"

Seriously, if you had a Github repository, I would fix the unique color issue myself already. It's not hard, and it won't add anything else to your current workflow. You just need to push the changes to Github instead of your website and that's it.
IGN: Aristona
"
aristona37 wrote:

The thing is, it makes things much more easier. You can simply just edit the file on Github and people can always download the latest version from there without the requirement to check forum posts.

This is the last response regarding github from my side in this thread. Feel free to pm me if you feel the need after reading my answer(s), but let's keep the thread on topic. I hope this doesn't come across as rude.

Now, to the content. You assume a lot by saying it would be much easier. Sure, I could simply push the file to github, especially since I'm using a local repository already. However that fails to address a lot of side areas. I need to make sure it works after I set up a new machine, include it to backups and a lot more. Also "simply edit the file on github" is not how it works. I couldn't even include pull requests properly as you assume the final filter is where changes should be pushed to. But it's not, it would be my generator, which is local. The final filter file is a result, not the source from a programming perspective. Meaning github would be exactly like this (=forum/reddit) filter feedback wise. I'd still need to take the changes and apply them to the local source files. Meaning one more channel in which feedback comes in, hence more workload.

"
aristona37 wrote:

I'm pretty sure someone (if not me) will come up with an application like "Filter Manager", where you can open (just like Acquisition) and it checks for updates on your current scripts, overrides with your custom settings and saves. This will be done in the future, and yours is one of the best filter scripts here. Why don't we already innovate the others?

You don't need github for that, a static URL would be enough. Which I'll happily provide should the need arise. I also hope Filtration will allow to download filters from within the application.

"
aristona37 wrote:

I could also personally write a generator script which "customizes" your loot filter on your site. Something like:

"Use default color for uniques" or "Enter your own code" (clicking would pop colorpicker)
"Enable progressive loot?" (Enables disabled normal/magic rarity items on low levels)
"Scale the map drops by a factor of (1.0)" (If I write 1.2, the map drops would appear increased in size)
"Enable eye-catching colors for valuable drops or keep the PoE style?"

Same as above, should you develop such an application and would need a static URL, just let me know and I'll set one up.

For the average user however it makes sense to have the version in the file name. First, it's easy to check if there is a new version available by comparing the current file name with the version in the thread title. Second should the new version have an issue, the old one is likely still there as it wasn't overwritten.

"
aristona37 wrote:

Seriously, if you had a Github repository, I would fix the unique color issue myself already. It's not hard, and it won't add anything else to your current workflow. You just need to push the changes to Github instead of your website and that's it.

I've now mentioned several(1) times(2) that the unique color issue has been fixed. This is also a perfect example where accepting a pull request on github would not work. I would still have to edit the actual source (not the final filter file) to have it stick for future versions.

My apologies for not fulfilling your wish/request.
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 13, 2015, 6:51:45 AM
Just started using filters today, wanted to say thank you for you work!
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Very nice filter! Just one question: Why do some white items appear with a brown/unique colored border? Couldn't find that in the OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info