[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

Hi!

I got a few questions about filtering of certain Items I'm very confused about. For 'time played'-standards of PoE I would consider me a newcomer so please bare with me on this one.

1) I would like to not show any flask (besides 'unique') with quality lower than 5. All of them. No exceptions. How can I do this? I tried the toggles at the beginning of the filter. I does nothing. Probably doing it wrong...
Spoiler
i.e, # Show #Flasks - Progression - Life/Mana - Sanctified se >>> # Hide #Flasks - Progression - Life/Mana - Sanctified
still shows those damn flasks!

For 2), 3), and 4) I would like to apply this in addition to the implemented system of this filter list. So the 'rare' and 'unique' variations are still shown the usual way. Only 'normal' and 'magic' type should be influenced. Also the rules for links and sockets should not be changed from the existing ones (I would assume there is a loading order?).

2) I'd like to hide ALL weapons except sceptres of the base type 'Void Sceptre' and 'Opal Sceptre' with the implicit mod "increased elemental damage" of 40 AND of base type 'Sambar Sceptre'. Item-level doesn't matter. How can I do this?

3) I'd like to hide all rings, amulets, and belts with less then their respective max implicit mod. i.e. hide all amethyst rings with less then 13% chaos resistance or hide all gold chains with less then 20% increased rarity of items found. This I'd like to be a rule 'till item-level of 80 or higher. (I wouldn't mind changing this back manually after I reach consistent level 80 maps.) How can I do this?

4) similarly to 3) for shields I would like to show only the specific base type "Harmonic Spirit Shield" with exactly 15% increased spell damage implicit mod. How can I do this?

For the understanding of code: I do programming work myself (with Fortran, not much scripting). Already figured out some other stuff I changed but I guess these ones are rather tricky.
I don't mind writing repetitive lines of code if this is the key to success here.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Love the filter.

However, there are a few holes I would love to see patched:

1) Quivers: I turned off all the progression stuff, and found out that Normal Quivers still show up at low levels. This is because there isn't a block for them in the progression section like there is for everything else. I had to add this manually.

2) Amulets, Rings, Belts: Ditto for low level normal/magic stuff I don't want to look at.

3) I'd like to not see flasks for quality UNLESS they're 20%. Ditto for anything else but maps and skill gems. So I manually put in a 20% section near the start which highlights ANYTHING that is 20% quality, then turned off the flasks and all the quality weapon/armor sections.

I think that the flasks should be added to the quality recipe toggle.
Future feature to consider:

It would be nice to have hidden items make no sound. This is doable with your current setup and the toggles as follows.

First, take your set of WAV files and make two copies for each one:

CurrentNameShow.wav is the original sound.
CurrentNameHide.Wav is a blank silent wave file.

Now, take every category and add a sound section to it with CurretNameShow as the sound file name.

Then, put the comment for the block behind that line as well.

Then, when people do the S&R on Show # (stuff) to Hide # (stuff), it will also change the sound lines as well as the top line.

Thus, anything that gets toggled to hidden goes silent too.

Edit: Unfortunately, this won't mute the game's default drop sound. Tested it. :(
Last edited by Arrataz on Oct 1, 2018, 6:59:33 PM
Great filter. However it has some problems. Rich version still includes sounds on drop low tier maps and trash currency. Is it normal?
Additional versions are currently being created by using the toggles that come with the default version (see customization section for an in-depth explanation).
That way it's fairly easy to create new versions, but also limited in the way that the item block itself can't be easily modified (such as disabling the default in-game drop sound that certain items have).

I'm working on another way to create the filter and its sub-versions that will allow for these kinds of modifications (and more), but unfortunately I still haven't found the necessary time to finish the new build system.

Once it's done a neat side effect will be that the "input files" will be publicly accessible so it should be easier to contribute (e.g. through github) and potentially even possible to create a set of personal input files that result in a custom filter.

I don't think it will be finished by the time 3.5.0 goes live, but when the league starts, my vacation for the rest of the year does as well :)
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Nov 9, 2018, 6:45:53 AM
Awesome filter!

BUT, for some reason, the quartz sceptre keeps the red border even though I'm level 31. I thought it was supposed to get rid of the border from level 25 and up. Am I missing something?
"From level 25 and up" refers to the item's level, not yours. The itemlevel depends on the zone you are in. Items from white mobs in that zone will have an itemlevel equal to the zonelevel, blue mobs drop +1 to itemlevel and rare/unique mobs drop +2.

I'm guessing you were either in a zone that could still drop itemlevel 25 sceptres, or maybe you dropped an item that you picked up earlier? The filter doesn't know what zonelevel you are in, so even if you drop it in a higher zone, it will be highlighted since it still has an itemlevel <= 25.

You can hold "Alt" while hovering over the item in your inventory to see the itemlevel to check, if you still have it :)
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Nov 25, 2018, 8:50:46 AM
"
Muldini wrote:
"From level 25 and up" refers to the item's level, not yours. The itemlevel depends on the zone you are in. Items from white mobs in that zone will have an itemlevel equal to the zonelevel, blue mobs drop +1 to itemlevel and rare/unique mobs drop +2.

I'm guessing you were either in a zone that could still drop itemlevel 25 sceptres, or maybe you dropped an item that you picked up earlier? The filter doesn't know what zonelevel you are in, so even if you drop it in a higher zone, it will be highlighted since it still has an itemlevel <= 25.

You can hold "Alt" while hovering over the item in your inventory to see the itemlevel to check, if you still have it :)

Thanks for the clarification. I was in a low-level zone! :)
|o| take my energy /o/
working on 3.5 version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info