How do you plan on playing The Awakening once it's out?

"
vangrandson wrote:
I originally planned on playing a ince nova proliferation witch in the new 4 month league but sadly they nerfed the shit out of ele proliferation for everything but burn so I dont know wheter i will play the league or even PoE at all. Well maybe if they release an interesting skill gem like kinetic blast or cast on crit not a shitty melee skill like fortify, if not than I will skip PoE for a while.

I hate melee, so if GGG really wants a melee meta than I am out of here. But balancing is wrong in this game I mean why would you obliterate a whole playstyle like casters only because too many people played them? Thats not how it should be done.

Because they took a page from the book of blizzard, "You will play this game how I tell you to play it and you will enjoy it". It's still to early to see how far the stupid spreads but I'm already looking at another game to play until beta ends and we see how things play out. Regardless of how I feel on the subject I think plenty of people will be happy with the game, which is all that matters.
Unlikely that I will play PoE at all if serious survivability issues are not addressed. Normally play HC temp leagues and ranged or caster and enjoy the partial self-found and fresh economy experience. I have no interest in playing SC or melee.

If EV and more specifically ES continue to lack dependable survivability and are constantly threatened by cheesy death mechanics then I will move on from PoE. Without reliability, HC just makes no sense. Dying to stupid or lazy or too much risk is part of the package. Dying to poorly balanced encounters which require a certain build or hard to obtain items in temp HC just makes it not worth the effort.

I like PoE and hope they get this balance managed. I also hope they ignore this current fashion of calling any skill or build OP if it manages to survive or be even marginally viable.

FYI have lvl 70 witch in SC beta atm. Started in HC, but saw how things were going with ES survivability and ripped her to SC on the advice of a friend. If I had stayed in HC till Act 4 Cruel I am sure I would have been super pissed at the sudden spike in cheesy death mechanics and unreliability of ES builds.

I am glad that they are having a beta to test this stuff. Balance is still very rough.
"
vangrandson wrote:
I originally planned on playing a ince nova proliferation witch in the new 4 month league but sadly they nerfed the shit out of ele proliferation for everything but burn so I don't know whether i will play the league or even PoE at all. Well maybe if they release an interesting skill gem like kinetic blast or cast on crit not a shitty melee skill like fortify, if not than I will skip PoE for a while.

I hate melee, so if GGG really wants a melee meta than I am out of here. But balancing is wrong in this game I mean why would you obliterate a whole play style like casters only because too many people played them? Thats not how it should be done.

I agree, enough with the nerf this and nerf that (this isn't Hasbro). If GGG looks at the build stats and sees a majority playing caster builds then they need to beef up the melee and bow skills, not water down the caster skills. My latest and best build to date is a level 87 Scion ST/DS with a decoy totem to aggro the mobs for concentrated ST killing. This build is all in the bottom half of the passive tree and has nothing to do with casting. All great builds revolve around finding the right unique gear. For this build it is:

This unique weapon works great for ST throwing and as it also counts as dual wield is a perfect DS weapon too. Then the leather cap gives me great all resists, the heavy belt gets me more physical damage with less crit damage taken plus a little more resist, and the amulet gives great attack life leach plus more resistance. I run with Haste to increase axe killing speed and get +47% movement speed and Leapslamming goodness. All this adds up to a great build, starting in Torment and now continuing in Standard League with no spell casting, just curses. So GGG is wrong to nerf caster powers and instead should focus on making melee and archers better if they are looking for a more balanced build diversity.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 3, 2015, 10:03:17 PM
I won't be - the closed beta has made me realise there are more and better games than POE out there. At this point I don't see a reason to return and the only change that appeals to me with act 4 is deterministic netcode which should have been in the game from the start.

I might come back, but really they couldn't possibly have done a better job advertising other games than to make the expansion a closed beta. It sent a clear "We don't want you here" message, so I left. Heck, at this point even a beta invite wouldn't get me back - I've thoroughly given up on the game and it's not going in a direction I agree with.

It's not really what this thread is for, but I had to vent somewhere.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
I won't be - the closed beta has made me realise there are more and better games than POE out there. At this point I don't see a reason to return and the only change that appeals to me with act 4 is deterministic netcode which should have been in the game from the start.

I might come back, but really they couldn't possibly have done a better job advertising other games than to make the expansion a closed beta. It sent a clear "We don't want you here" message, so I left. Heck, at this point even a beta invite wouldn't get me back - I've thoroughly given up on the game and it's not going in a direction I agree with.

Better games of this genre? Like what?
"
Hemmingfish wrote:

That's one hell of a killjoy
I have been using the same computer hardware for the last 3-4 years. I have barely been able to play with a small resolution + config edited graphics to the lowest possible. Zones averaged 10 second load time, sometimes even reaching 20-30 seconds.

A few days ago something messed up so I ordered a new graphics card, new power supply, and more ram.

So... my plan is to play with higher settings and load zones instantly using ramdisk. I am so excited about loading zones faster since I would usually choose to leave rares on the ground rather than spend 20-30 seconds loading to town and back.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
same way i play everything in this game.

cyclone every league
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
"
Powster wrote:
I have been using the same computer hardware for the last 3-4 years. I have barely been able to play with a small resolution + config edited graphics to the lowest possible. Zones averaged 10 second load time, sometimes even reaching 20-30 seconds.

A few days ago something messed up so I ordered a new graphics card, new power supply, and more ram.

So... my plan is to play with higher settings and load zones instantly using ramdisk. I am so excited about loading zones faster since I would usually choose to leave rares on the ground rather than spend 20-30 seconds loading to town and back.

Check out this info:
How to play PoE using a RAM Disk [the smart way] for major performance gains.
Ramdisk to remove load times completely!!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 4, 2015, 9:51:45 AM
Chin Sol + Knock back reverse gloves + Ranged Attack Totems.

For the lulz.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info