The Awakening Supporter Packs

Wow! I got in the beta yesterday. I unexpectedly got the day off tomorrow. And now I get to give my son a beta key for his 16th birthday!

GGG always comes through with class and style!

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
InsaneWallaby wrote:
"
"
InsaneWallaby wrote:
Hmmm. I'm just not feeling this one. The weapons effects don't fit with the look of my characters. And the beta keys? Not a fan...

Oh well. I'll see how I feel about them later.

I did like seeing a regal orb on the divination cards as a redemption item. Very nice. I figured it would have just been uniques--looks like these cards might be dropping like candy from a pinata!

Who wants to make a divination card for wisdom scrolls?

But then it begs the question, why not just cut out the middle man and get items to drop more often? Instead of adding another layer of bullshit?

I prioritize balance and MF over nutso DPS. It works very well. The only problem is, I still can't farm fast enough to have a relatively steady flow of cash. Some nights, I make 50 ex, others, 2c. I'd like more determinism.

This adds a better feeling to playing the game for a certain period of time. Guaranteed payout. And, keeps the economy pretty steady.

I guess I am biased because I won't play in areas too low. If the area doesn't have a chance of killing me, I have no desire to play in it. So the card system just seems like a way to motivate me to go kill enemies 20 levels underneath me, which isn't fun in the least.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Apr 29, 2015, 2:07:28 AM
How do I activate the key? On the Awakening Page it still says signed up not download now
Cool packs :D
"

But then it begs the question, why not just cut out the middle man and get items to drop more often? Instead of adding another layer of bullshit?

Result is the same either way, adding cards or just buffing the drops - supply of every item in the game will be higher now and prices are going down.

"

I guess I am biased because I won't play in areas too low. If the area doesn't have a chance of killing me, I have no desire to play in it. So the card system just seems like a way to motivate me to go kill enemies 20 levels underneath me, which isn't fun in the least.

So cards will be dropping in specific areas, right? Those that drop in lower level areas will be farmed by so many players we'll probably be buying them 5 for 1c.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 29, 2015, 2:10:44 AM
New particle effects are cool for weapon enchants but I'm not a fan of how sparse they are, the density just doesn't really do it for me, (Excepting the most expensive packs which I can't really afford) might be interested in buying if they stacked with my older weapon effects.
Divine weapon effect would probably look great with one of the new weapon effects. Assuming they don't stack right?

Prob buy into the beta regardless though. -_- sigh....no cloaks. zzz.

Awesome. Wish the euro would be stronger at the moment, but gonna go with a pack regardless soon :D
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"

Result is the same either way, adding cards or just buffing the drops - supply of every item in the game will be higher now and prices are going down.

Well that is what I am saying. It feels like a superfluous system to me.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Nice effects =)
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
so awsome , such a great decision you basically went pay to play. I mean why does it matter if somebody has a 500 dollar threshold when someone can just spend 30 dollars now , why does it matter if people with the highest tier packs win a beta key when the next day can with the lowest tier. You go GGG , hope you get your "beta testers" so that you can "test" things .Hype and switch all the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info