ZiggyD/Chris Q&A and Innervate Support Gem

"
It isn't subjective at all. It is objective that $500 = $500.

my guess: inviting everybody (like you) who paid 20$/month on average would have brought too many players into the closed beta at this stage.

so they went just for players with big supporter packs, which are less.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Why all new gems are worthless ? Who would waste a gemslot for this piece of trash.

Well, not all new gems are trash. But this one, in its current form, is definitely trash.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Apr 27, 2015, 5:45:04 AM
"
Why all new gems are worthless ? Who would waste a gemslot for this piece of trash.

Wanna back this statement up?
"

Why is everyone's attitude so negative? Who would call something like a "piece of trash" when they've never even tried it and don't even know the effects at higher levels?

And anyway, there's certainly going to be a few builds that can make use of it. Assuming the other 2 gems are similar, but for freeze and burn, I could definitely think of uses for those. Just because YOU can't think of something right away doesn't make it trash, especially given that there's a lot of other changes being made as well which may add entirely new builds.
Oh my, 3 hours Q&A with ZiggyD :O This should preoccupy me when I get home.
"
Hodari wrote:
"

Why is everyone's attitude so negative? Who would call something like a "piece of trash" when they've never even tried it and don't even know the effects at higher levels?

And anyway, there's certainly going to be a few builds that can make use of it. Assuming the other 2 gems are similar, but for freeze and burn, I could definitely think of uses for those. Just because YOU can't think of something right away doesn't make it trash, especially given that there's a lot of other changes being made as well which may add entirely new builds.

Isn't it the opposite ? You see indoctrinated zombiees 'hype' every change whether its good or bad.

So tell me how would you use this gem ?
In your main skill ? -Not worth a slot.
Some other way.. herald perhaps ? That could work, it would increase mana reserved but could work (and i heard some rumor about higher mana reserved in awakening for heralds, i don't know if its true but that would mean even more mana reserved).

And the truth is that if you want to go for a shock build you should go for a critical build since duration of shock is proportional to the damage.

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Lots of builds already shock without needing supports so this just adds 20% increased speed (attack, cast and movement). It will be useful for increasing clear speed, especially the 20% movement speed buff.

I don't see how this will increase clear speed. If you will use this gem you will have to sacriffice another support.
This gem would fit into my crit GS setup. Cool stuff!
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Apr 27, 2015, 6:35:35 AM
"

Isn't it the opposite ? You see indoctrinated zombiees 'hype' every change whether its good or bad.

In your main skill ? -Not worth a slot.
Some other way.. herald perhaps ? That could work, it would increase mana reserved but could work (and i heard some rumor about higher mana reserved in awakening for heralds, i don't know if its true but that would mean even more mana reserved).

And the truth is that if you want to go for a shock build you should go for a critical build since duration of shock is proportional to the damage.

I don't see how this will increase clear speed. If you will use this gem you will have to sacriffice another support.

ye of little imagination. I already have 4 working build ideas based off this that will be extremely overpowered.
Do not underestimate the power of imagination in this game.
"His thunder boomed across the land And none who dared and fought could stand against the iron tyrant's hand,
A palace grand, a walled domain such mighty works born of his reign built by slaves, their hearts in chains,
Gather heroes, sound the drums The Thunder King comes The Thunder King comes."
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 27, 2015, 6:53:19 AM
"

There's still a lot of room for reactions in between "hyping" and "trash. Far too many people on here think everything has to be one extreme or the other. I certainly was not hyping this gem in any way, and for this particular one I can't immediately come up with a build where it would be the best choice, but I can certainly imagine that there MIGHT be some.

I CAN say that a freeze or ignite version of this gem would definitely have uses. Even before seeing this, I was thinking of trying out an Oro's Sacrifice + flicker strike build. Having a support gem that gives yet another way to get chance to ignite would be perfect for that build. Any number of cold builds might benefit from more freeze chance. And I'm certainly nowhere close to being the best theorycrafter out there, so I'm sure there are plenty more ideas people could come up with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info