Trade Discussion : Trade re-work not coming in act IV

That's my point. Some people are quite happy with the status quo. They'd be the first to scream bloody murder if an Auction House was put in. Others refrain from trading at all because the process that you just described sickens them. They would love to be able to trade autonomously.

Nothing they come up with will make both types of players happy.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Rich85 wrote:
Without a system to pull items out of the market (such as binding on equip) an AH will never work properly, all items except the rarest of the rare will lose all value. Think farming sucks now? Imagine when your Alpha's can't even sell for a single chaos

PoE is not fit for an AH sadly

This is because Alpha's aren't worth a single chaos... why they're getting more that that currently is that the time involved with selling them is worth more than one chaos. Durable items will always become worth less and less as the number available approaches the number needed. In standard league, there's likely more Alpha's out there than there are players who want them. The fee you are charging is not so much for the item anymore, but for the service moving them about.

Yup this is why D3 always had better items every patch.

used to be legendary were worse than blues. 5 tal rasha iterations later people only wear legendarys.

Good DPS back in the day was 50K

Now it's 2 million.

This item creep is how D3 solved issue of glut and continued AH traffic.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 26, 2015, 1:52:35 PM
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:
The way I see it is like this. The Game is balanced around trade, unless I have heard wrong for the last year. The trade system poe uses is from 20 years ago.

I remember in EQ when you wanted to sell stuff, everyone would stand in the west commons tunnel and spam chat. if you wanted to buy something you have to get buffed by a shamen because you needed the extra run speed just to carry all your money from the bank in Freeport. Then you have to sloooowly walk from Freeport back to the tunnel and make the trade. Then the seller had to slooooooly walk to Freeport and deposit his earnings. Big pain in the ass, but it's all we knew back then. They eventually created a bazaar area with a bank and a shared bank where you could park your characters and sell from their inventory. Which was a huge improvement, and better than what poe has now.

This was literally 15 years ago.

If the devs don't want trade, then don't have trade, but for chrisakes, if you are going to do it , do it right.

Trade System is the same like it was in D2 , but better, in D2 times there was no linking and no website marketplace, so you simply had to sell with game names or in trade games :P so PoE trade is better than D2 and PoE is the so called D3 so the trade System is slightly improved :D:D:D:D

But it still sucks

Although standart econ is fucked up, but thats nothing new and an AH wouldnt fuck up it more than it is right now. Unless they will get some item wipes with expansion it would not change, sure there are more Alphas than players, thats because most people play leagues and then all alphas will be moved to standart, more items less player item inflation.

But srsly who cares about Standart
Last edited by Keks22 on Apr 26, 2015, 1:55:12 PM
You do not need have a problem with it, obviously? What is that supposed to mean. GGG can't solve every issue at the same time. They have to work it out one by one with each content patch. They took a very good route this patch imo.
"
hell78 wrote:
You do not need have a problem with it, obviously? What is that supposed to mean. GGG can't solve every issue at the same time. They have to work it out one by one with each content patch. They took a very good route this patch imo.

I'm a ruler of trading why would I have a problem with it lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 26, 2015, 1:58:40 PM
The fuck is wrong with Poe trading anyways? Itd perfect doesn't even need to be changed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info