Trade Discussion : Trade re-work not coming in act IV

"
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:
The way I see it is like this. The Game is balanced around trade, unless I have heard wrong for the last year. The trade system poe uses is from 20 years ago.

I remember in EQ when you wanted to sell stuff, everyone would stand in the west commons tunnel and spam chat. if you wanted to buy something you have to get buffed by a shamen because you needed the extra run speed just to carry all your money from the bank in Freeport. Then you have to sloooowly walk from Freeport back to the tunnel and make the trade. Then the seller had to slooooooly walk to Freeport and deposit his earnings. Big pain in the ass, but it's all we knew back then. They eventually created a bazaar area with a bank and a shared bank where you could park your characters and sell from their inventory. Which was a huge improvement, and better than what poe has now.

This was literally 15 years ago.

If the devs don't want trade, then don't have trade, but for chrisakes, if you are going to do it , do it right.

So you're saying trade(btw you seem unaware of poe.trade) is a bigger priority for you than Desync?

I said trade was a bigger priority? Where?
"

So you're saying trade(btw you seem unaware of poe.trade) is a bigger priority for you than Desync?

my main char is multistrike leap slam. desyncs like mad. efficient trade is a much bigger priority to me than desync.
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
"

my main char is multistrike leap slam. desyncs like mad. efficient trade is a much bigger priority to me than desync.

Graphical optimization is a much bigger priority for me than Desync.

Personally I could care less about Desync, really doesnt bother me, died once in three years to desync outside of short races.

But it is not about my personal priorities, or yours, its about what is the right priority for the health of the game. And that was undeniably Desync.
Noblesse oblige
Last edited by Yidam_ on Apr 26, 2015, 2:30:52 AM
People will have different priorities, but GGG's priority was desync. That's what matters in the end.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
A shame, chris did off handedly confirm that some of the changes to the forum were related to trading which is what they have always said the would need to do before implimenting the new trade features...when i saw the forum changes i though it was really close to being added.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yeah, no hard word on GGG, they made awesome job and didn't have time for working on trading

But I hope addition of these Divination Cards won't turn out like :
-tradechannel is fully spammed with WTS THIS CARD WTB THAT CARD
-only poe.trade sniping for cards
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1208985

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
x_KOR_x wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1208985

Nope, haggling will still be part of the game...so this stuff with buyouts won't be how they impliment it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Quite simple, trade is fine as it is today so GGG won't change it in short term.
Desynch is not, so it's higher priority.
IGN TylordRampage
Trading is perfectly fine as it is. If you make it any easier it will essentially be an auction house, with the same dire consequences as it had in D3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info