Trade Discussion : Trade re-work not coming in act IV

The trade system has been in the works for over two years. Not sure why it was one or the other. Unless they were totally on board with lockstep determination when they said the didn't want it as they wrote the manifesto page on it.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
There's a lot of different ideas as to what trade should be. That's probably why they can't come up with a system. No system will make one group of traders happy without pissing off another group. They're in a lose-lose situation, so they opt to do nothing.

It's obvious.
AH3 was ahead of its time... but you know more I think about and been here awile I think current system is fine.

First of all you get used to the myriad of ways to buy and sell
-forum thread
-trade chat
-A3M board
etc

Then if you had a AH type thing and could buy and sell offline it would reward ppl who could set up bots like D3 Not here - you have to be online and communicate keeps the bots out

finally all the shit that went wrong with D3s AH - duping, zero bid bug etc I just dont think GGG wants or can manage the headache of their own trade house.

Im fine as is.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 26, 2015, 9:21:40 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There's a lot of different ideas as to what trade should be. That's probably why they can't come up with a system. No system will make one group of traders happy without pissing off another group. They're in a lose-lose situation, so they opt to do nothing.

It's obvious.

Hes right
I dont see any any key!
Without a system to pull items out of the market (such as binding on equip) an AH will never work properly, all items except the rarest of the rare will lose all value. Think farming sucks now? Imagine when your Alpha's can't even sell for a single chaos

PoE is not fit for an AH sadly
"
Rich85 wrote:
Without a system to pull items out of the market (such as binding on equip) an AH will never work properly, all items except the rarest of the rare will lose all value. Think farming sucks now? Imagine when your Alpha's can't even sell for a single chaos

this is only true on standard in hard core leagues death takes items out of the market, and the hard core temp league especially as the temp leagues are not really long enough for Items to lose that much value.

Also we basically already have an auction house through PoE.trade
I dont see any any key!
"
Rich85 wrote:

This is because Alpha's aren't worth a single chaos... why they're getting more that that currently is that the time involved with selling them is worth more than one chaos. Durable items will always become worth less and less as the number available approaches the number needed. In standard league, there's likely more Alpha's out there than there are players who want them. The fee you are charging is not so much for the item anymore, but for the service moving them about.
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
"

So you're saying trade(btw you seem unaware of poe.trade) is a bigger priority for you than Desync?

my main char is multistrike leap slam. desyncs like mad. efficient trade is a much bigger priority to me than desync.

Multistrike leapslam auto-targets. Desync isn't actually a big deal for gameplay for you, despite how much it occurs.

Those that have real manual-target melee builds hurt waaaaay worse than you from desync.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 26, 2015, 9:56:29 AM
ya tbh I really dont care at all.

Only thing I can see is cross instance trading, and now that we have hideouts even that I dont really care about that much, its not like this jumping town to town bullshit we used to do.

We can search for items we want on poetrade, message the player, jump to hideout, bang, done. Does it need to be any easier? At least flippers have to put in some sort of effort right now and are somewhat gated in how many trades they can make per day because they actually have to deal with people in game.

Even cross instance, I actually quite like going to peoples hideouts and seeing how they made them etc, sometimes that can spark a conversation and what not, Im not even sure taking that away would be a good thing. I know ziggy goes on about trade improvements etc, but honestly Im just not seeing what would be changed and why it would be such a good thing for it to be such a big deal.
As long as poe.trade exists for free and complaints about the current trade system are met by a majority ruling that poe.trade is good enough, as always. A new trade system will always be a low priority. Why put money into something that is done for you for free and the majority of your customers lay on their belly and accept it? It is a no brainer for GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info