NEXT PATCH : GGG will destroy the spell coc ?

"
mazul wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
"
dynia6666 wrote:
nefing OP build ? HELL YES

And tell me... WHAT "damage" does TO YOU if ANOTHER player builds a CoC exile? ;) Really, tell me ;) And argument, too

It does no dmg to you either if someone else is using a 9000 physical dps bow that you can buy from npc for 1 alchemy orb.

No, not damage at all to me. I'm a fan of the "live and LET OTHERS LIVE". It is for this reason that i hate all these "nerf heralds"
Yes they are killing off these types of builds in particular. This is to avoid a stale meta. But hey we'll just kill off a huge chunk of the population for an improved and better build diversity LOL. I don't know how you guys are still surprised at how ridiculous balance is laid out here every patch.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
ah
they should just remove the cast on crit gem like phase run but forever !
chaotic neutral
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
So you'll use ball lightning instead

dont forget Glacial Cascade! \m/

Theres also very many things one can do to accommodate to this change... will your COC be AS strong... maybe.. maybe not BUT COC will live on if the changes so far to shotgunning is the only change effecting COC!

The removeal of shotgunning serves another purpous with COC in that NOW people will accually be useing different spells to customize their setup instead of manditory projectiles such as fireball, arctic breath, and ice spear ONLY!

I think the change will actually lead to me ending up being able to do MUCH more interesting things with COC as a result but maybe im just thinking outside the box on this one!

That is an unusual way of wording it. One would almost interpret that they are adding something, rather than taking something away. Have you actually played a CoC + GMP build? Are you aware of the implications of being unable to shotgun projectiles? Single target dps will be extremely weak with CoC without the ability to shotgun projectiles from what I've experienced by testing various spells. Unless they make some other changes, I don't see much hope for CoC outside of the yawn inducing Cyclone and Discharge variants.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 25, 2015, 1:27:33 PM
None of the lightning spells shotgunned anyways same as discharge.

If anything this makes coc weaker but at the same time making mjolner builds much stronger in relativity.

And this change will have virtually no impact on the typical discharge + arc + xx coc setup. And coc discharge is one of the most powerfuk combination (with mjolner you can run even more spells for more power).

lol @ people say coc is ded. And Mjolner will be stronger than ever. Meta won't change really.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 25, 2015, 2:11:31 PM
CoC is trash when its out of balance because it ruins all spell balance. Live CoC effectively means you can never have a coc and a hard-caster be balanced, because CoC is always better.

Ideall you want spells and CoC to be overall the same power level to promote choice and a fair meta, that will only be possible by nerfing CoC itself and there is no other way to do it. Any nerf or boost to spells will have an equal effect on CoC so the difference between the two will not change until CoC itself is nerfed.

Most of you just think its "so nice and love it", because it is out of balance and making the game a cakewalk. If you can't do 3-6 times more damage than a self-caster, most of the CoC crowd will move on, you picked it and liked it because it was not balanced, and you don't fool anyone by claiming otherwise. We all know the godly overpowered clusterfuck of spellspams is way op and in that way it can be hilarious to play, but you have to be realistic, there is a reason all games are working so hard on balance.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 25, 2015, 2:23:58 PM
"
JNF wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
So you'll use ball lightning instead

dont forget Glacial Cascade! \m/

Theres also very many things one can do to accommodate to this change... will your COC be AS strong... maybe.. maybe not BUT COC will live on if the changes so far to shotgunning is the only change effecting COC!

The removeal of shotgunning serves another purpous with COC in that NOW people will accually be useing different spells to customize their setup instead of manditory projectiles such as fireball, arctic breath, and ice spear ONLY!

I think the change will actually lead to me ending up being able to do MUCH more interesting things with COC as a result but maybe im just thinking outside the box on this one!

That is an unusual way of wording it. One would almost interpret that they are adding something, rather than taking something away. Have you actually played a CoC + GMP build? Are you aware of the implications of being unable to shotgun projectiles? Single target dps will be extremely weak with CoC without the ability to shotgun projectiles from what I've experienced by testing various spells. Unless they make some other changes, I don't see much hope for CoC outside of the yawn inducing Cyclone and Discharge variants.

Eventually you haven't went through this tread, there is a video that proves you wrong! A guy on live doing Atzari with no lmp or gmp, just single projectiles! Even with no shotgunning and keeping GMP in place after launch, assuming no/or/minimum changes to crit/attack speed we still will do 100k minimum, even on a mediocre setup...100k is enough!
CoC has been moderately buffed.
If it's fun it's probably going to get nerfed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info