Five Day Solo Event (Hardcore)

Died to second pack in a canyon, was a quick devourer packsize fleet poison on hit map. All spawned surrounded me with my granite/quicksilver active but were next to a diamond shrine and instantly attacked me due to the hasted rare that was near them. It was quite the scenario never seen anything quite as quick blink and miss this one no joke. was a fun run had some bad map rng overall but still was close to top 35 oh well gl hf to the rest. I think I will use a Quartz flask in place of Quicksilver for maps that have a chance to spawn devourers in the future.
Any grid we use to organize our experience of the world is a model of the world, never confuse this with the actual world.
the thing i learned this league is that i really can't stand playing flameblast
Ran another generic lit caster templar similar to the one i ran in the recent torment/bloodlines event. Remained below alvl throughout, only stopping to grind merc hailrake and merc oversoul for an hour or so each to improve life/resists before moving on. No near death experiences until around mid a3m, at which point they became increasingly common. Killed merc piety at 63 and entered maps immediately after.

Died at 67.5 in a plain 66 map as i was greedily trying to cull a reflect + soul conduit rare with my rarity linked tendrils. Monster revived himself and his pack just as my life flask expired and i went from 4k to dead instantly. Completely avoidable death but also irrelevant as i couldnt put in the time to win, didnt want a beta invite and my goal had been to complete merciless then quit at 69.9, so ultimately i get to post my event epitaph a couple hours earlier than expected.

Offense was a 5k arc and 10k tendrils with unreliable vaal molten shell backup. Defense was 4k life, selfcast enfeeble and a granite of ironskin. Never did obtain a cwdt and the lack was noticible.

Event was fun all round, though the lack of mods and associated low overall difficulty definitely showed in the ladders fast early progression and minimal death count after day 1. Would love to have a 1-2 week version with brutal/turbo + ancestral or a mix of several previous challenge league mods sometime.

Thanks for finally holding a multiday solo event (better late than never!). Looking forward to more in the future.
IGN: KoTao
SAETIA BEST
grind 14 hours a day to get the key for 30 bucks. Well played GGG.
IGG: StaySafeUBITONQQQQQQQQQ or Boretoeidiot
Thanks to a league like this we can see that playing solo is a lot safer than in group, so few RIPs :D
RIP 85, crema boss.

Went back to town to recharge flasks. got pwned by invisible meteor showers on returning.

Spoiler

was a blast to play selfound.
@Minstrelshadrak
Just hit 70 and will stay there and hope for the key :)
Theres no way i will EVER get even close to top 100, not to mention top 35.

Played my very first hardcore character and my first hc league and had 3-4 near death experiences, but was always able to exit before dying, some luck included (game freeze @ Kole merciless gave me the chills cuz he could have 2-shot me at that point).

Farmed Archives from 66 to 70 and it was pretty ok - sometimes dangerous, but ok,
did kill piety but left out dominus so far, i need to farm up gear as i dont feel
comfortable @ 3.8k hp yet.

Will continue my flame-totem / moltenstrike / molten shell templar after the race is over
cuz hes pretty fun to play and there are improvements to make :)
Got my 70 in both leagues finally.

Thanks for this leagues GGG, best ones I have ever played. No trading and solo are the best features for 5-7 days races. I just missed some turbo mod or anything like that.

Please please make more of these. Most fun I have had since more than a year.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 29, 2015, 7:50:12 PM
At 66 and in the map room. Deeps are low and the character is frail. Dunno if I can find the will or the time to push on!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info