Five Day Solo Event (Hardcore)

number 1 shadow boys!

The time I do get, is spent joyfully inefficiently. Several ongoing experiments and a number of regrets used on the tree.

If the idiom "slow and steady wins the race" applied in PoE, perhaps winning races would be more my thing? Naa ;)

I really enjoy how the SF starvation forces one to innovate and try to make things work that they normally would not.

(I was using a sceptre with some spell damage on it as an offhand for a while to augment the Animate Weapon component. Had Flesh Offering slotted in there to buff the weapons. It was working pretty well, but as the DPS began to dwindle, I couldn't find/craft a suitable replacement.

Ended up going with another mace and relied on AW as more of a decoy than damage dealer)
"
ecktorz wrote:
number 1 shadow boys!

gratz bud!
yea selffound was alot of fun:

I bought Chances with all my Fusing to buy Scouring to get Regrets
to finally get Alchemys.

Fusing 8:1 Alchemys

Finally a Brodeal for the Vendors :P
85lvl here

I got pretty nice loot from lunaris 1 merciless on day1. Too bad I had already committed to snoring bond. Later I tried to utilize the 6link for fire trap prolif but I simply didn't have any gems to put in it and simple 3 link was better. Decided to just stop at 70 and go try in sc 5d solo how fast I can get lev 70 and got it in 8h 43mins, which still seems improvable by at least 1 hour.

Last edited by zamppe on Apr 30, 2015, 5:09:17 PM
Does anyone have a key already?
Im smashing my F5 key for 1,5 hr :(
LVL 89.87 #10

Didnt even aimed for 90 until 3 hours left until event and pushed 96mio/2hrs in the finnish, but came up short. Map rng was up and down despite what i ran, did 100+ quant insane maps - nothing, then rebuilt pool twice from 71s and ended up with crazy RNG finding 3 carto boxes in 15min span in 76 and 77 maps. In the end i had 30+ 75-78 maps, if event didnt end could push real high.
The gear is whatever, didnt even change most pieces, only sick items were neck and chest, couldnt find empower for 5th link so added highest levelled gem-added light dmg. Funny enaugh didnt find a single decent wand and shield whole race.

Lvl 89 and something quit at rank 11 at like 5 pm because there was no chacne people would catch up and i didn't want to die. Also ran out of chisels for my courtyard :(.

Beta hype and here is the gear

Spoiler
and then some good stuff i didn't use
I have to say, I enjoyed this race much more than I thought I would. Even though self-found made progression naturally slower, and at times tedious, every bit of gear upgrade felt meaningful and earned, so to speak. I really liked the feeling of only being able to rely on myself to advance.

Coincidentally, this is also the first real race in which I place top 50.
I have to thank my excellent map RNG for that. I wouldn't have been able to compete with the top flameblasters if I didn't find high level cartos. It's a bit unfortunate RNG played such a big role in deciding who gets to the top, but I suppose there's a bit of luck involved in every race of the sort.

This is my best drop of the race, and I reckon it helped me quite a bit starting from day 3:

GG. See you in beta, folks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info