Five Day Solo Event (Standard)

"
Challenger1_ wrote:
The guys at the top must have played for hours... LOL

They just lol around with flameblast/arc
That's a typo right? he means the top 350 players!?!?
Fish
Much wow.. Level 79 in 19 hours..

No wonder you guys are racers well done, getting there takes me like 4-5 days of playing hard rofl!

Keep up the good work folks :)
Wth level 80 in 20 hours? Don't you people sleep?
"
Svenbo wrote:

you cant win the top 35 key without playing up to 100 hours during the 5 day race.
Last edited by Hartsai on Apr 26, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
 Wow!! Less than 22 hours into the 5 day race and there are already 85 no-lifers at level 70+ and many more at level 69. That is sad. Doesn't give a normal PoE player (aka one who had to sleep last night because I sing in my church choir) a chance at all. I thought that getting to Normal Sarn and rescuing Clarissa was good for my first evening (USA EST). I was way wrong.

It's no wonder GGG can't win for losing. Millions have tried PoE and quit over brutal 1 shot boss and desync conditions. Yet, then GGG looks at a race ladder and sees this so they get the wrong perception that PoE is too easy. Maybe "Lockstep" netcode will minimize desync and allow for harder play but until then GGG is in the "between a rock and a hard place" position. Damn server simulation doing it's own thing while the client simulation does it's own thing and gets us killed for another 10% xp loss has been the main reason for millions to have come and tried PoE but are long gone now.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Hartsai wrote:
"
Svenbo wrote:

You cant win the top 35 key without playing up to 100 hours during the 5 day race.

Unfortunately you are probably right. GGG needs to rethink the whole race ladder top 35 get a beta key and come up with a level reached for hours played formula so some one with only 50 hours in 5 days can match another who does a "no-lifer" and plays 100 hours in 5 days. Just taking the top 35 will always mean that no-lifers will win.

I think GGG should have 3 to 5 hour races and award the top 10 beta keys. That would allow those of us with lives to be able to compete.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Hartsai wrote:
"
Svenbo wrote:

You cant win the top 35 key without playing up to 100 hours during the 5 day race.

Unfortunately you are probably right. GGG needs to rethink the whole race ladder top 35 get a beta key and come up with a level reached for hours played formula so some one with only 50 hours in 5 days can match another who does a "no-lifer" and plays 100 hours in 5 days. Just taking the top 35 will always mean that no-lifers will win.

I think GGG should have 3 to 5 hour races and award the top 10 beta keys. That would allow those of us with lives to be able to compete.

I understand your frustration but let's use a bit of logic..

You have a beta key and play for 3-5 hours..

Top 35 "No Lifers" play for 18-20+ hours...

Who is going to give the best feedback/bug reports and etc

Gz Logic.
So much crying, wow. It's a race jeez. You want the beta key, put some effort in it. Instead of thinking every single person above you has no life *sigh*
"
LoRider149 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Hartsai wrote:

I understand your frustration but let's use a bit of logic..

You have a beta key and play for 3-5 hours..

Top 35 "No Lifers" play for 18-20+ hours...

Who is going to give the best feedback/bug reports and etc

Gz Logic.

The person intent on bug testing. If I play 5 hours a week but look for bugs, write them down and report them then I am doing a far better job than someone playing 75 hours a week with no interest in looking for bugs and giving feedback. I've watched a bunch of streamers who show zero interest in testing the beta, they are just leveling/playing as usual.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info