The Closed Beta of The Awakening is live!

omfg people. I complain at these statements (-) and give my response (--)

-beta keys for streamers = bad publicity. --you forget that the streamers provide invaluable feedback, not just from them, but the people who watch. and visual confirmation of issues.

-beta keys for multi accounts. -- ggg said they would not allow this:

"Additional accounts will not be eligible. People trying to game the system will be removed."
---Posted by Chris on April 12, 2015 9:43 PM

-0 posts = waste of key, because those people won't provide feedback. --posts mean nothing about future feedback, it is the comments IN GAME that count. you can be damn skippy that they chats are monitored in game for comments/issues. Why waste the time minimizing the game and typing in the forum when one can just tell in real time, as. they. play. the. game.

-low rate of beta key dispersal. -- this:
"Why run a Closed Beta? Why not let everyone in?

We need the ability to get fresh impressions, clean feedback and data from sets of users who haven't yet played The Awakening. By staggering entry into the Closed Beta, we can ensure that there are always new users who we can get good data from. That way we have fewer users when we need early general impressions and more users when we need detailed balance feedback.

Controlling the population of the Closed Beta allows us to test various systems in a precise way. In addition, the Beta content is likely to be incomplete and buggy. We'd rather have most people join it later when it's closer to release."
---Posted by Chris on April 12, 2015 9:43 PM

and

"We'll be speeding up the timer over time and implementing additional ways for people to get access (fan giveaways, maybe some in-game stuff, etc)."
---Posted by Chris on April 19, 2015 5:32 PM

Remember this is a separate server, likely less "powerful". They cannot risk stressing the server too much, lest data gets messed up.

You people are acting like D3 kids. ugh.

Edit: last visited date only means last time logged in. look at me, last visit is 4-16, BUT I'M HERE TYPING THIS STUFF.
Global 1 is cancer.
By agreeing to these terms of use, you acknowledge that bugs are like cool and stuff
and that you will bow to the Mealworm king when he ascends the throne.
Last edited by MeBugULongTime on Apr 21, 2015, 7:47:21 PM
I played since closed beta, got 300 or so bucks in this game, played probably close to 2k hours.

I was not planning on getting into the beta especially at the beta launch figured there were enough alpha testers etc to exclude me. If I got in I would call it luck and be thankful.

However seeing people who just signed up this month with zero forum posts tastes salty.

If anyone actually thinks these "new" players and not just players who connected from another IP and created an account to up their chances to get in..., I have some religion and hopes and dreams to sell you as well as well.

I find it absurd GGG even included these accounts. I am NOT saying I should of received it, I am sure there are other longer active players with more money and time into this game that just got donkey punched by lack of insight.

I saw a couple players that have accounts 3 or so months old with numerous and or higher level characters, those are the new players GGG should of focused on if they wanted new players. Obviously legit accounts and people who are getting into the game.

You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
"
csisyadam wrote:
Most of the people will never get in. That 5min timer is annyoing. :) Any chance for open beta?

Also I'm wondering how many people are actually testing the game. I think most of them are just playing for fun and not for checking things. The only streamer I saw who made a spreadsheet was Ziggy. He's actually running through all of the maps, checking things, etc.

An open beta would be the ideal solution IMO.

I looked for Ziggy's stream and must have missed it. All I found was a three part preamble on the release.
"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
csisyadam wrote:
Most of the people will never get in. That 5min timer is annyoing. :) Any chance for open beta?

Also I'm wondering how many people are actually testing the game. I think most of them are just playing for fun and not for checking things. The only streamer I saw who made a spreadsheet was Ziggy. He's actually running through all of the maps, checking things, etc.

An open beta would be the ideal solution IMO.

I looked for Ziggy's stream and must have missed it. All I found was a three part preamble on the release.

You missed 18 hours NON STOP ZiggyD. He has gone to bed now.
"
Cambob wrote:
Since some folks seem to have a little free time on their hands, here's an easy cookie recipe:

Ingredients
2 cups creamy peanut butter (not the all-natural variety)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions
Heat oven to 350° F.
Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in the eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. With a lightly floured fork, press the dough to a ⅜-inch thickness, making a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges are set, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.

Now send those cookies to GGG and maybe.. just maybe you might get a key...

Now that's funny. Thanks for the laugh. Makes a refreshing change from all the angst!
It will take forever to redeem a beta Key :-(
so many alts getting picked rofl
Wow. GGG really messed up this time. GGG has NOT realized the gravity of the situation. You just lost 60% of your elite paying players due to this retarded set up. People just make hundreads of accounts and they are getting in... Most of the players arnt even testing too. I have to conclude that this was all done on purpose just to screw with our heads. if it wasn't on purpose. Your souls are cursed for all time for your utter stupidity
its hilarious, but this is all just a mirror of what happened on launch beta. they know exactly what they're doing and they don't care.
Only in closed beta you could just pay to get in. Funny enough after I had done that I received another key the next day and eventually got hooked enough on the game to drop a lot of money on it. Now back to playing the waiting game yet again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info