the apparent end of spell shotgunning

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
There you have your PoE 2.0 beta Scrotie.
Not quite, but still much more than I expected, sooner than I expected it.

Are you ever going to actually play the game again? I see you on the forums constantly and haven't seen you log in since probably Nemesis league. Seems weird to leave so much feedback for a game you don't play.

That said, I'd love to play with you if ever do play again lol.
Team Won
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
What's bad is when players don't switch off their LMP skill onto a single-target, because the difference isn't enough. For bow and staff users, this is less of an issue, but for wands/scepters/daggers it's a big deal, due to a single 5L/6L situation.

This probably belongs in Charan's AoE dominance thread, which I don't think they were even trying to do something about with this fix. I think devs don't have a problem with AoE skills dealing similar damage to single targets, the problem was modding a skill for area was also making it stronger on single targets.

Besides, you just can't universally make the penalty large enough to account for two sockets less. Sockets are a serious problem, and a problem of that caliber is very hard to solve indirectly, especially if there are situations where that problem doesn't exist. Nah, without sockets leaving our gear for good, that particular problem isn't likely to be resolved.

Without taking care of the main issue, it would have to be either leaving a normal gap but further penalizing AoE skills when using a 1H weapon, or making the gap wider and penalizing single target skills when using a 2H weapon. I hope both of us see how clumsy all of that looks.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Was about to make my own thread after reading the announcements and seeing the shot gunning nerf..

I play a CoC build and recently started playing about 3ish months ago, then finally before the 1 month leagues begun I was finally able to afford my first 6L which practically cost all the currency I've made since I started playing..

Now with the GMP/LMP Nerf incoming I almost guarentee that this 6L is going to become worthless if not decrease in value majorly.. So people are being punished for making a unique build that works really well on this armor and now with Nerf incoming I pretty much just lost a good chunk of my wealth.

Seems like Path of Nerfs for days, it is pretty shitty to go around nerfing a bunch of different builds that are so out of the box, and in my opinion nerfing all these unique/out of the box builds is just going to create less and less "cookie cutter" or viable builds..

Just doesn't seem like a proper solution, people complain skill is too laggy.. Let's just nerf it until nobody plays with it anymore. Anyways I personally hope they re think the whole Nerf on GMP/LMP because I really enjoyed my CoC build and it sounds like such a shame future content is going to make this build practically non-existent ( Already got nerfed once w/ cool down, this next inc Nerf will kill it completely )

Sorry for the long read, end of rant :p
"
LoRider149 wrote:
Let's just nerf it until nobody plays with it anymore. Anyways I personally hope they re think the whole Nerf on GMP/LMP because I really enjoyed my CoC build and it sounds like such a shame future content is going to make this build practically non-existent ( Already got nerfed once w/ cool down, this next inc Nerf will kill it completely )

Rants are healthy, it's fine to vent it out. However, have you at least attempted to understand why are they doing such a major change after all this time?

It's because they can't work around it anymore, I'm actually astonished they stood it for so long.

"
grepman wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times.

Indeed.
I bolded the part I don't understand. How is that any different from shotgunning? As long as those area's of effect weren't emitted at exactly the same time they can overlap?

if projectile has an aoe component, it can overlap. ie, ice shot's area effect will (still) overlap, not the initial arrow

Hopefully they change incinerate to AoE
Self found and solo (mostly)
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Just something that struck me. Since spells won't shotgun anymore with GMP, if you hit a target with all 5 projectiles, you end up doing only the damage of one projectile. The other 4 are wasted without pierce. So if you get zerg rushed by mobs and can only hit one in the face, your dps is lower than without GMP, even though there's a pack of mobs in front of you. What use will there be for GMP and LMP when projectiles will be "blocked" like this very often.

Well, if you are caster, you better not get in that situation. Skills like Lightning Warp comes to mind.

GMP and LMP are useful for AOE still, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Just something that struck me. Since spells won't shotgun anymore with GMP, if you hit a target with all 5 projectiles, you end up doing only the damage of one projectile.

Where did you hear that? :)
One projectile will hit, other will pass through, same as attacks.

I really wonder how Spark/Pierce will work. Can the sparks only hit one time now? That's how I interpret Chris's statement on shotgunning.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
I really wonder how Spark/Pierce will work. Can the sparks only hit one time now? That's how I interpret Chris's statement on shotgunning.

No, Mark clarified that one already, they won't be able to shotgun on launch but same spark or some other will be able to hit the same enemy again if it bounces back after piercing or forking.

"
raics wrote:
"
beefnuggy wrote:

No, Mark clarified that one already, they won't be able to shotgun on launch but same spark or some other will be able to hit the same enemy again if it bounces back after piercing or forking.

Thanks for the answer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info