the apparent end of spell shotgunning

I wonder what they are going to do with Incinerate, since Incinerate itself hits for shit... shotgunning was kinda only scaling ability for that skills.

I'm kinda worried that while I will get huge nerf, Mjollner and other CoC trolls will be running around doing their usual stuff (by usual stuff I mean multiplicatively more dps then I do with Incinerate, while I don't have much more ways how to boost it except reworking whole build to have RF).
Last edited by Diphal on Apr 20, 2015, 3:17:25 AM
A positive and mildly hyped scrotie, what have you done GGG, WHY!!

and this is why i told you in your thread, you have no faith in the developers.
I guess that's a good thing now, else you wouldn't feel the joy you experience now. But still. . .

All of that aside, i do wish you a beta key though, i expect you would make a fine tester and a solid person to write essays on why certain things need to be reevaluated or numbers tweaked.
And critical which is a fine attitude for a tester.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times.

Indeed.
I bolded the part I don't understand. How is that any different from shotgunning? As long as those area's of effect weren't emitted at exactly the same time they can overlap?

It's pretty much exactly what I asked for over the years, no more direct shotgunning, indirect shotgunning still works. Indirect shotgunning is essential to the working of some skills and isn't a balance issue with the exception of tornado shot, but that one can be fixed in other ways.

Multiple projectiles were mandatory to such degree on some skills that the effect might have been included on the gem with a '-1 support' mod, it would make no difference to the game globally.

Gotta say I haven't expected devs to bite the bullet at all. The impact of this change will be colossal in regard to both player and monster balance and there will be no more need for awkward bandaid fixes like 'far shot'. Good job, good job indeed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 20, 2015, 4:29:41 AM
Actually, Nero's right. Making a new thread.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
no more stupid cheese death's to multi proj voidbearers becuz i only had 70% fire resist "gasp"

now if they make incinerate as it should be widen the AOE part greatly and in general make it act more like glacial cascade (aka simply take away that projectile part) you can actually start balancing it the right way in giving it good base damages.

not that i expect that will happen but im hopeful
"
pneuma wrote:
I'll celebrate by playing FP without linking it to LMP/GMP, which would be the first time I've done so in four years.
I'd test both. I suspect you'll find that even with shotgunning gone, LMP is still overpowered. How many non-shotgunning bow skills skip on LMP currently?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 20, 2015, 2:17:07 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
I'll celebrate by playing FP without linking it to LMP/GMP, which would be the first time I've done so in four years.
I'd test both. I suspect you'll find that even with shotgunning gone, LMP is still overpowered. How many non-shotgunning bow skills skip on LMP currently?

Split, Puncture, Poison, Burning, Barrage, basically every bow skill that has some other option for crowd control or doesn't need to do crowd control.

Besides, using multiple projectiles for crowd control is wrong in what way? That's what the gem is for, now, to also get superior single target damage in one compact package, that's another story.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Diphal wrote:
I wonder what they are going to do with Incinerate, since Incinerate itself hits for shit... shotgunning was kinda only scaling ability for that skills.

Without shotgunning Incinerste is dead like many other skills too - Path of Lameblast > all incomming. ;/
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Bye-bye, my mf incinerator. Time to let her legacy near perfect IIQ/IIR stuff rot away for eternity.
"
raics wrote:
Spoiler
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

Split, Puncture, Poison, Burning, Barrage, basically every bow skill that has some other option for crowd control or doesn't need to do crowd control.
Besides, using multiple projectiles for crowd control is wrong in what way? That's what the gem is for, now, to also get superior single target damage in one compact package, that's another story.
It isn't bad. It's good. I wouldn't want LMP removed from game or nerfed to oblivion.

What's bad is when players don't switch off their LMP skill onto a single-target, because the difference isn't enough. For bow and staff users, this is less of an issue, but for wands/scepters/daggers it's a big deal, due to a single 5L/6L situation.

Ideally, a 4L dedicated single-target should have more single-target DPS than a 6L with LMP in it. With only a 30% damage penalty, this is pretty much impossible. I feel a 40% penalty would strike a nice balance of keeping LMP good enough at crowds while encouraging single-target 4Ls.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 20, 2015, 4:15:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info