A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

"
Ahrimon wrote:
These changes in their current form completely gut my build.
What current form?

These are not implemented yet and everything is on the table.

On reddit he said he would probably have to add a multiplicative ES multiplier to it or maybe some base regen as well as change the way things like arctic armor works.

HUGE advantage to a new beta is they can try totally new things like this without breaking the existing game.

I dont understand how people can not only find no excitement in huge change like this but actually fear and despise them.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 18, 2015, 1:01:53 PM
"
Ahrimon wrote:
I don't play an EB char because it's the best. I would rather be playing an ultra high dps acuity crit character or a 15k+ ES CI char running mid level arctic armor off of stacked int. I play EB because it's the best within my budget. These changes in their current form completely gut my build.

I could put in the hours needed to acquire gear for a top tier non EB build but I won't. If these changes go through, this company won't get a single cent from me.

there certainly are other builds that wouldnt be too expensive

also, theyre nerfing crit, and as such acuity etc. those builds arent "balanced" either
"

After this awful change gets implemented: Tornado or GTFO

It takes about 400 mana/sec for me to run AA while moving and cyclone. That involves very specific gear and a heavy skill point investment. I run MoM and AA, no cloak. Without the ES contributing to mana my build breaks, both in terms of mana regen and unreserved mana for MoM.

They might exercise some finesse and I might be pleasantly surprised at what a fine balancing team GGG has. But I don't expect it.
Last edited by Ahrimon on Apr 18, 2015, 1:11:45 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"

After this awful change gets implemented: Tornado or GTFO

its not like you have no way to regen es to cast spells

and isnt ts already ts or gtfo? (excluding mjolner/lowlife builds and stuffs)
If these changes go through, would it be possible to get EB on uniques or move the EB and MoM keystones closer together?

I believe "new EB" could be good for "green warriors", but if you pick up both keystones you really stretch your passive tree (too much).
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
I read that again what this means is, If you want to play defensive and have MoM than you just run and dont attack the enemy in this case the ES regen kicks on(ES reg is a lot!) and you gain huge survivability boost, but if you play offensive and use your spells than you will lose very fast the MoM bonus and go out of Mana. What they need to change is the ES recovery time with EB. Maybe 1-2sec recovery time with EB. With that you can change your playstlye in 1 second from offensive to be more defensive and gain 30% reduced dmg taken.

Last edited by Brayzz on Apr 18, 2015, 1:16:23 PM
"

and isnt ts already ts or gtfo?

No, right now it's Tornado, Flameblast (or anything prolif) or GTFO.

I only have one thing to say : It's sad that a unique (Cloak of Defiance) causes changes to EB, MoM and AA. I mean MoM is fine, only a few people take it from the tree, those will obviously be screwed by not even using a CoD... blergh. Could as well just remove that unique and save all the work and frustration by changing 3 other things that look 'too strong for the cost'.
I mean come one, intriducing new uniques all the time and then changing game mechanics to prevent certain unique to be used a lot? That's not the way to design a game. I love rares more than uniques, but if EB, AA, MoM will be changed, the non-CoD users will get screwed as well? Better think this through.
Last edited by leto2626 on Apr 18, 2015, 1:23:16 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"

and isnt ts already ts or gtfo?

No, right now it's Tornado, Flameblast (or anything prolif) or GTFO.

i know, but everyone is saying that this change would "kill" caster builds

i dont really see how thought

and yeah, i expect tornado to get nerfs too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info