A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

"
Kalidor wrote:

Power Shield

Health is 1. Energy shield is 0. When hit, 30% of damage is taken from Mana first and then in each incoming attack, takes off 1 power charge instead; when you run out of power charges, you die. Generate 1 power charge every second.

lolol, damn man, thats some far out mechanic right there. Not sure if its absolute genius or outright insanity.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Apr 17, 2015, 11:13:44 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Kalidor wrote:

Power Shield

Health is 1. Energy shield is 0. When hit, 30% of damage is taken from Mana first and then in each incoming attack, takes off 1 power charge instead; when you run out of power charges, you die. Generate 1 power charge every second.

lolol, damn man, thats some far out mechanic right there. Not sure if its absolute genius or outright insanity.

Lol, as soon as you get hit with a fast attack like incin, or the boss that chucks flying nado books u will die, but that idea is really out there. I like it, but sadly wont work lol.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

pls dont make this change
pls dont make the game harder is already hard as it is
No...just. no
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Kalidor wrote:

Power Shield

Lol, as soon as you get hit with a fast attack like incin, or the boss that chucks flying nado books u will die, but that idea is really out there. I like it, but sadly wont work lol.

true enough man, true enough.

But 10/10 for the braingasm that spewed it out.

When this game eventually sees its end, touch wood I hope we live to see 2030 before that day comes, but when its finally put to bed I hope laz can get a hold of it and make some sort of PoE median offline madness with private server multiplayer capability. I feel like the lols would be out of control.
I am up for this change. If along with an adjustment (read, buff) of mana regen and mana nodes.

Current EB has been a milk bottle for too long. its time for the baby to grow up.

Im sure there will be a lot of whining, but ultimately it will be for the best.

EDIT: oh and right what some said about a change to ES recovery when having that keystone. otherwise the things estabilished to stop ES recovery make it pretty much worthless aside from a few cases. Reminds me of the initial idea of Nomics' Strom. So bad. Jesus, even I was able to design something better. (as proved in that one thread as my recommendation to split mov speed on those boots was taken).

With the part of it being niche... so what of it? I think its far worse that we have such a predominant powercreep keystone that is holding back other nodes in the tree. The only bad change is if no alternative is given to those builds needing high mana regen and/or pool.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 17, 2015, 11:56:37 PM
This seems VERY niche. It sounds interesting until you realise that ES often regenerates because you're not getting hit (what you normally want to be doing). When you do this EB however, you'll almost never regenerate ES since you'll be using skills and consuming mana (what you're normally doing). As far as I can tell these are the ways you get around that:

1) Proc the recovery faster. A Soul Strike build. (mind you, that build then would have to get ES and life) SS's ES recovery mechanics allow a much faster ES recovery that is slower. For something like PA/EA, this is probably sustainable. This, however, will come at a significant cost in evasion. And probably ditching Acro. It's unlikely to be worth it.

2) Get ES some other way. Combine with soul reaver + LGOH. You can squeeze extra auras in, but otherwise this seems to be pretty much be equivalent to getting mana leech (ie. you need to gear or gem slot to do it) with the wonderful added need to get LGOH from somewhere (which is much harder). Alternatively, use zealot's oath. This mean saccing a lot of nodes to life regen and getting a decent ES pool to sustain most abilities. And I mean a LOT. 1k ES with 5% life regen is only 50 "mana" regen. The big benefit is your mana pool is 1k instead of say... a few hundred so that might be viable. If there's some reliable ways to get ES on hit this might be viable, but we've only seen that on jewels, so...

3) Don't consume mana. This allows a 100% reservation blood magic gem character to use other abilities occasionally without having them also blood magicked. Some characters might actually come up that way, so it might find a small niche boost here, but I suspect it's more efficient to have everything be BM linked and take a few damage passives elsewhere.

The first two ways also include a big loss in opportunity cost for "proper" defences as well. (though it was said AA would get a rebalance if this were the case) I think people don't understand the math and GREATLY overestimate MoM or underestimate conventional defences. The reason casters use cloak is not because it's particularly good defensively (it ain't) but because it is much easier to gear your links on something blue (ie. not-coil) and it is easier to maintain your damage skill on regen (ie. your leech options suck). The nerf to the regen is probably too much. It's VERY unlikely you'll have both regens active.
This is a god awful potential change and it would legitimately brick 2 of my characters, including my lvl 90 Atziri runner...

Fuck this change.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Apolyon34 wrote:
If the purpose is to nerf EB it will be effective... need more info.

I don't like what I see.
Indeed, nice nerf of EB i guess.
Here comes the mana pots again.
"
Harest wrote:
"
Apolyon34 wrote:
If the purpose is to nerf EB it will be effective... need more info.

I don't like what I see.
Indeed, nice nerf of EB i guess.
Here comes the mana pots again.

christ is that really the reason? I frigging hate using mana pots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info