King Kaom Fight Video (Spoilers)

OMG Cool Fight! I have never seen this before any game!!!

GGG you are the legends in ARPG gaming!!! =))
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
"
Saw this! AWESOME.

Spoiler
Probably should have done it with a ranged character to show just how easy he currently is...Jonathan's deaths were purely a result of a pretty poorly-built character. Coming from me, that's really saying something.

I dont think the reason of the video was to show how easy he can be...
"
bug77 wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Splift wrote:
Keep in mind that is a demo char and he was probably trying to make the boss look hard.

Not saying kaom merc/cruel wont be hard, but you cant really tell from these demos.

Also this was normal.

no, it was cruel. He dropped a level 58 req armor.

Unique mobs drop items from +2 levels. So he was fighting in at least a level 56 zone. He was in cruel.

That's weird because he only lost 5% XP on death.

Um...yes? You lose 5% in cruel?
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
LOL!!! So much fun to see a founder dev die 3 times to a big boss. Thanks for allowing IGN to post the video.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
starklife wrote:
"
Nycro wrote:
Perhaps next time you shouldn't spoil who the boss is and then put a spoiler tag at the end.

Seriously.

It's the first of 9 bosses. this would've been like spoiling Kadavrus the Defiler in act 1. Or The Great White Beast in Act 2. Or, heaven forbid, the Guard Captain in act 3. Seriously? You seriously care?
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 18, 2015, 2:59:18 PM
looks good
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
bug77 wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

no, it was cruel. He dropped a level 58 req armor.

Unique mobs drop items from +2 levels. So he was fighting in at least a level 56 zone. He was in cruel.

That's weird because he only lost 5% XP on death.

Um...yes? You lose 5% in cruel?

I misread your reply, thought you said it was merciless.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
magpye wrote:
The fight seems reasonable, not sure how over/undergeared the exile was, but the mechanics look like the type of fight i want in this game.
Kaom seems to be lacking some of his unique equipment (or at least not using its benefits at all). His ring adds an endurance charge, but he doesn't use any form of charge generation during this video. Will he have culling strike from his axe? He did seem to have a lot of life, but no more than most bosses. His boots and especially armour give MASSIVE boosts to hp, so that IMO should be experienced in the fight.

Others have pointed out that this boss and everything else is still up for change, what with beta and all. Hopefully the flavour of Kaom will overwhelm the "Oak/Kole 2.0" feel some people have pointed out.

Eagerly awaiting the beta, but have i missed any news on the event happening alongside it?

Do you have problems with your memory? That's a boss, not an exile.

Holy herp derp.

Boss != Exile.

He was referring to the player, not the boss.
Poor guy was clearly distracted with that radio announcer voice screaming in his ear. I wouldn't fancy playing with that guy hovering over me AT ALL.
Censored.
Why would anyone watch it rather than expirience it on one's own? You make it harder, GGG to not watch spoilers, but I'm staying stronk. :D
IGN: MegaSplasz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info