King Kaom Fight Video (Spoilers)

The graphical aspects (especially Kaom's "lava ground slam" and arena's surroundings) are amazingly well done!

But as some people already pointed out - the fight itself looks too simple. He is super slow (compare his leap slam to Oak's or to Dominus' teleportation), doesn't have any REAL ranged attack, and the only thing getting harder with his HP loss is that you have to keep moving away from active lava-falls. As it looks now, this boss is insanely easy for any ranged character.

Suggestion:
"Prepare for the...." = Let him randomly cast a debuff on the player, lasting for 4 seconds, taunting you to fight like a true warrior.
"SCORCH!!!" = After 2 seconds (could also be random, like from 1.5 to 3), a huge firewall arises from the circle around arena, and lasts for the remaining duration of the debuff. The closer you stay to the walls during the "scorch" phase, the more fire or even mixed fire/chaos damage you take, but you will be completely safe right in the center.
To prevent people from complaining how hard it is to notice the debuff etc.: lava-falls would stop shooting fireballs after you receive it, or simply Kaom could shout something about incoming blaze.
^^ some nice ideas here , was expecting jewel article too , I guess a little bit wait untill closed beta ! :)
I'm not sure where to ask so sorry for bugging you all in here.

Will I get a message informing me that I'm not part of the close beta?
ok so here are mine two cents:
I know that this is pre-beta, but guys this is fking KAOM! the most epic character from the lore! he is the most famous guy not maligaro not malachai not chitus but KAOM. so his fight have to be epic and hard. this leap slam looks like copy from oak (as some ppl pointed) i think you should equipped him with some other skills to deal with ranged exiles. fissure and lava balls are looking very nice, but i think he still need some other skills. arena looks a bit too small, and the lava effect its cool but this is lava, molten rock, so mby add some steam or smth like that? and that lava in waterfalls is running a little bit to fast, magma is smth very dense so it can't run thru the walls like water. any1 so hyped about act4 even if right now and in incoming months i won't play it coz of lack of time.

sorry for gramma.

EDIT: his voice is very cool, he rly sounds like a soul that has been tormented for ages good work!
Aye Aye Captain!
Last edited by jeż on Apr 19, 2015, 4:01:25 PM
"
Naixshel wrote:
I'm not sure where to ask so sorry for bugging you all in here.

Will I get a message informing me that I'm not part of the close beta?

No. They're not going to message every single player in POE that has signed up and not been selected yet every 5 minutes when a new player is picked to let them know the player picked was not them. That would be ridiculous.
Wow, monkuar comes back and proves he knows basically nothing about English grammar. I can't even tell if he was trolling with those last few.
Kaom Should have all possible fire abilities in POE engine.
i hope this wasn't the final boss battle, because it has to be the biggest spoiler ever
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was Convincing the world he didn't exist
"
Wow, monkuar comes back and proves he knows basically nothing about English grammar. I can't even tell if he was trolling with those last few.

yep, he said nothing about being a grammar nazi ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I found interesting seeing the very arena against the player, you can´t stand in one point spaming spells.

I expect that kaom will feature the abilities of his items - like the US, "large" pool of HP, Endurance charges, extra fire damage...

(i saw someone here posting that ranged chars and puncture will deal with KK very fast)
Well, we don´t know if he will be given some projectile damage reduction or immunity to bleeding....

Also, i find his voice kinda creepy - good work of the dubber - and sound mixers :p
(but for some reason in my imagination, i was expecting he to taunt the player more often)
"-Moments of clarity are so rare, i´d better document this."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info