The Awakening Update: New Skills

"
Waves_blade wrote:
Hrm, fortify might be worth a support slot for zombies.

Empower - zombie - life - fortify for a tanky route in a +2 helm instead of life leech on the 4th slot.

Chaos golem SEEMS like the only route for summoners. However, the fire golem if it has enough raw damage output might be an alternative.

Fire Golem - Minion dmg - spell echo - *something*.

Maybe GMP for its mortar attack? Faster Casting for even more deeps? IDK.

The chaos golem looks like a bruiser, tanky bastard who gets in the way of enemies.

Don't think Echo will work on Golems since you can only have 1 at a time (right?).
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"Goelns grant 15% increased damage".

Hm

What about golems?

:P
"
arherter wrote:
"Goelns grant 15% increased damage".

Hm

What about golems?

:P

the irony... :D
Spoiler
the typo was: "Goelms grant 15% increased damage"
d:-D*
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:

Empower - zombie - life - fortify for a tanky route in a +2 helm instead of life leech on the 4th slot.

Chaos golem SEEMS like the only route for summoners. However, the fire golem if it has enough raw damage output might be an alternative.

The chaos golem looks like a bruiser, tanky bastard who gets in the way of enemies.

Don't think Echo will work on Golems since you can only have 1 at a time (right?).

It's not about summoning multiple Golems in a short time, it's about supporting the Golem. Minions get the linked support gems for there skills. For example: a Spectre gem linked to Spellecho summoning a spellcasterminion will give that spellcasterminion the Spellecho effect for all spells he has.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Spoiler
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:

It's not about summoning multiple Golems in a short time, it's about supporting the Golem. Minions get the linked support gems for there skills. For example: a Spectre gem linked to Spellecho summoning a spellcasterminion will give that spellcasterminion the Spellecho effect for all spells he has.

It may be the same as totems. You also can´t link spell echo to any totem or spell supportet by spell totem. I once thought it would be possible that this way you can double cast two totems with ancestral bond and they then cast echoed spells. But didn´t work only one totem get cast without echo.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:

Oh I see what you mean, similar to how a Spell Totem-spell-faster casting will have Faster Casting apply for both summoning the totem plus the casting by the totem of the spell.

So the minion gets the effect of an Echo even if Spectre skill itself won't be summoning two sceptres in one cast? I thought Echo wouldn't showup on the tooltip as affecting the Summon Sceptre gem so it wouldn't seem to make sense for it to be affecting the minion either. I dunno, have not tinkered with Spectres much
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
I wonder, how to deliver bleed effect most efficiently. AoE bleed.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
Path of Melee..
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
"
matheusams wrote:
I hope there is a dextery gem version of fortify that grants doodge and spell Dodge instead of damage reduction for evasion builds

I'd think evasion builds actually will really like this damage reduction. Having no damage reduction is painful when you eventually get hit.

ya exactly Gregoriel, an evasion builds weakness is mitigation, this is arguably a better buff for evasion weighted melee than armour or max res weighted melee.

Adding more of what you already do well is not the way to make your builds stronger. You need to look at your weak spot. People go evasion and then think ok, ondars, good call, and then I get acrobatics, good call, and then Ill get the spell dodge boots, and then Ill run vaal grace and a jade flask... right but you started with evasion, meaning your weakness was mitigation, and you just added like 100 layers of defense on top of it and every one of them has the same weakness as your first layer... you need to plug the holes in your defense, not keep building on top of your strong points and leave your weak points completely undefended.

"
hcl wrote:

fortify as ranger? ;) maybe i can stab foes in their eye witrh the ends of my bow? ;)

nah man, ranger has been the strongest melee class in the game for like, 20 months now.

I agree with you ranger is a strong melee char and even the fact that armor is a quit weak way of physical damage mitigation you can still survive a group of strong phys melee mobs, with armor then with evasion in close combat. Simply because your evasion gets lower with enemy that does not hit until someone hits you, then the mechanic gets reset.
And also it sucks when you play with a char that deals a lot of phys damage (ek, any phys bow skill) and you encounter and phys reflect char. It is quit easy to deal more damage then you might leach. But an armor char gets first his dealt damage reduced and then only a part of that damage is reflected and it cannot so easily penetrate your armor.
"

"
Do_odle wrote:

It's not like bloodlust is gonna be super meta. It's really trying to get melee to believe that Puncture is still good for them but.. yeah, head's up GGG, it's not. Puncture SUCKS for Melee... It doesn't have point blank or trap... This.. Bloodlust gem isn't even a support for puncture.. and puncture is typically the single target.... Unless they buff the Bloodletting circle with increased chance to bleed for melee.. but I suppose Puncture could become the AoE.. Idk.. WTB Chance To Bleed. I'm probably being judgmental... Bloodlust is an excellent more damage multiplier for melee, just puncture a boss and wam; do 40%+ more damage for the duration. Sheer stun builds rejoice... oh wait. lol...

"

Vagan provides crafting for weapons. As you level up, more crafting options will be unlocked. See below for a list.

Causes bleeding on hit lvl7 2x Divine Orb

There is also the phys dot cluster in the duelist area, and one of the marauder sword notebles.

With the new small sword I think that there are some ways to use blood lust in a good way. Use some periodicly triggerd skill like counteratacks or movement skills to trigger the bleeding and then slaughter them with your main attack that got blood bath in it. At least the gem is more usefull then melee damage on full life imo.
"
Marxone wrote:
I wonder, how to deliver bleed effect most efficiently. AoE bleed.

Weapon + Bleed mod (Vagan) or Puncture + Gmp/LMP + Chain as a ulitity attack similar to Cast on Curses
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info