NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

I had an item drop with a loot filter colour combination I'd never seen before. I think it was green text on a black background, with a green border around it. Tried to track down what was triggering the filter to display it like that but am too clueless or summin. Couldn't find it. Can anyone help me out here?

I'll link the item (ignore the price, it's a random number I just threw onto it. If you have a suggestion as to how much it should sell for, by all means lemme know!)

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
"
Foogalicious wrote:
I had an item drop with a loot filter colour combination I'd never seen before. I think it was green text on a black background, with a green border around it. Tried to track down what was triggering the filter to display it like that but am too clueless or summin. Couldn't find it. Can anyone help me out here?

I'll link the item (ignore the price, it's a random number I just threw onto it. If you have a suggestion as to how much it should sell for, by all means lemme know!)

Sounds and looks a lot like a mod-filtering rule to me. You should be able to paste the item into the FilterBlade ItemRecreator (at the bottom of the simulate tab) to find the exact rule.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
Why are "all remaining uniques" showed in the uber and uber plus strictnesses?
"
moinoe wrote:
Why are "all remaining uniques" showed in the uber and uber plus strictnesses?

Read the unique relevant sections in the FAQ, it gives enough insights about the relevant risks and problems.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
I understand what is said in these sections, but it still doesn't answer my question. In the "General"->"Unique items" section there are "TIER 1"/"TIER 2" sections, which are self-explanatory, there are "MULTI-BASE UNIQUES"/"MULTI-BASE UNIQUES (LEAGUE SPECIFIC)" sections, which are the sections handling what the FAQ talks about, there is a "FATED UNIQUES" section which is disabled on "Uber Strict" and "Uber Strict Plus" strictnesses, which is what is expected for this kind of strictness, and then finally there is an "ALL REMAINING UNIQUES" section at the end, which should logically be some kind of a "TIER 3" section, as it is done in the "Miscellaneous"->"Skill Gems"->"Gem Tiers" section and other sections. So my question is, is there a reason when using the highest strictness for this section to not be disabled if the "valuable" and "perhaps valuable" uniques are already handled in different ones?

By the way, thank you for your great work on the filter and the creation of such a tool as FilterBlade.
I've noticed some errors here and there and thought that it might be useful to report them to you so here are what I found that seems to need a correction:

"Endgame - General (lvl 65+)"
--"Crafting Rules"
----"Lvl 83-84 desirable 6-Sockets" seems misnamed, should be lvl 85/86+, don't know if the "Lvl 83-86 Bases" is accurate as it doesn't show the lvls set apart from the tiers 0/0.5
--"Special Bases and Rules"
----"Atlas-exclusive"
------"TIER 3, LEVEL 86+ RARES" seems misnamed, should be lvl 84+

"Endgame - Rare Items (lvl 65+)"
--"Crafting: high level bases"
----"Level 86+" Tier 1 and Tier 2 are inverted (FilterBlade and your filter actually helped me to learn a lot of things about the game and this inversion really confused me at first)
----"Level 83/84 Accessories" seems misnamed, should be lvl 84+

Also I don't think that "5-LINKED UNIQUES" in "Miscellaneous"->"Valuable Linked items" should be shown in "Uber Strict" and "Uber Strict Plus" strictnesses.

That's all for now, I'll post again if I find or remember other things that seem to need to be fixed. Thank again, to you and all the people who work with you, for the amazing job done on this very well done tool given to the community. On a personal note, it literally served me as a guide for learning globally the value of the innumerable different items of the game while creating something that is required by the game but not provided, a filter, with a pleasing, deep and well thought tool. Keep the great work.
Last edited by moinoe on Feb 4, 2019, 2:25:25 PM
"
moinoe wrote:
and then finally there is an "ALL REMAINING UNIQUES" section at the end, which should logically be some kind of a "TIER 3" section, as it is done in the "Miscellaneous"->"Skill Gems"->"Gem Tiers" section and other sections. So my question is, is there a reason when using the highest strictness for this section to not be disabled if the "valuable" and "perhaps valuable" uniques are already handled in different ones?

You are very much welcome! Thanks for the input and letting us know about the outdated titles.

No uniques are ever hidden in the filter because of things Jewels and boss drops.

There are 3 or 4 Jewel baseTypes, each of them with a huge pile of uniques. Most of them crappy but some are expensive and rare. So all in all its just not worth it - the base is not good enough - to put it into the multiBase tier.

And for boss drops, lets take the Vaal Sceptre base for example. In normal gameplay, it will only ever get you the shitty Doon Cuebiyari unique which is worthless, but when killing Atziri you can get the expensive Doryani's Catalyst unique. Now, if you knew this and also know all those things about uniques, filters, etc. then you could be fine and just press Alt to check the boss loot, but this filter is literally used by so many people who DONT know this kind of stuff and they miss loot, get pissed off and start blaming people (namely NeverSink). Thats why there are some parts of the filter built this way.

Let alone unknown and new uniques, that aren't tiered yet. Just showing all uniques and quickly hovering over them to see which one it is is probably the best solution for everyone. But if you disagree and wanna take risks like this, then feel free to adapt the filter to your style :)
I think this is poe's bug, not neversink's bug, but I write this because I might be wrong.

When the unique item drops, another sound comes together at once.
but when I throw it on the ground, it only sounds what should be played.

youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UA1LJOpxaE

1. 0:05~0:20
2. 0:34~0:50

I used "Add DisableDropSopund to all entries." in quick function.

the above youtube is a bit old but this is still happening to me.(it happened again a minute ago)

thanks
"
premiumgrape wrote:
I think this is poe's bug, not neversink's bug, but I write this because I might be wrong.

the above youtube is a bit old but this is still happening to me.(it happened again a minute ago)

thanks

Not sure if an actual BUG, but I see what you mean. Its probably another sound effect thats just for the unique first time drop, for sound design purposes or something, because uniques are meant to be special and rare.
But youre right in that its not a filter thing. The filter has no influence on that sound. Its probably intended behavior from GGGs sound team. You could write them but I doubt they'll do something about it.
"
Tobnac wrote:
"
premiumgrape wrote:

thanks

Not sure if an actual BUG, but I see what you mean. Its probably another sound effect thats just for the unique first time drop, for sound design purposes or something, because uniques are meant to be special and rare.
But youre right in that its not a filter thing. The filter has no influence on that sound. Its probably intended behavior from GGGs sound team. You could write them but I doubt they'll do something about it.

I did not think of it as an intended behavior. it makes sense now.
thank you very much for your kind answer :D
Last edited by premiumgrape on Feb 19, 2019, 10:46:38 PM
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NeverSink TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info