NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

"
nucleus wrote:
I was told highlighted weapons get animated only, this is new to me.

Thanks for this great filter and thanks for still supporting it. Your color scheme is the best. People told me Neversink's filter is not the best for animate weapon but when I tried those other filters my eyes started bleeding those colors were terrible. I don't even know what they meant with that maybe something about certain item levels not showing up for animate weapon, but I'm not having problems so far at lvl 70

Thank you!

You know, when you read amazon, you should always read the 4star and 3star reviews (this is not a rule of thumb, just making an example), not the 5 and 1 star ones.

Biased people are a horrible source of information :p.

"
I love this filter but it's incomplete as far as real gameplay comes in. For example regular filter shows too much trash, while anything higher up is absolutely useless for chaos recipe.
I am not even that rich, yet I play with uberstrict. I had to re-add sorc shoes to chancing sound thingy. I hidden leatherbelts from all filters because they taunt me :P
I also *VERY IMPORTANT* made any unique leather belt have EXalt sound. I found that some streamer almost didnt pick hh due to crappy sound and border. That day I became sure neversink lost people at least one hh ;)
My some other gripes with this filter - portal scrolls should be visible at higher tiers
Armourers scrap is more useful than weaponsmith one - it's used for like 4x as many items. So i reversed their font.
Aug orb is much rarer (due how to this filter works) and much more useful than transmutation orb, so I hidden transmutes and showed augs.

Most of the suggestions are very subjective. It's impossible to create a filter that 100% fits everyone.

- You usually get more augs than transmutes by vendoring rares
- Blacksmiths/Transmutes yield more wisdoms, when sold
- The HH may drop ONLY with specific leaguestones, that can't be sustained fulltime and has a ~1:60 frequency of appearing compared to other leather belts. I can either frustrate all players, by playing the exalt orb sound way too often or make a very minor subset of lazy players happy.

My solution to this will be my FilterBlade tool, that will be released around (+/-1 week) the start of the 3.0 beta. Then you can customize any of the things you've mentioned within 1 minute, before downloading the adjusted filter.

"
Hi! Really nice filter! I'm using the uber-strict version of it and i want to do some changes. It actually hides the good bases for chancing (like the Sorcerer boots), what can i do to change that and show it?

There's an entry in the FAQ explaining this or wait for FilterBlade

"
i think theres a bug or glitch. So here is why i think that. I did a t14 volcano map and i heard two OP drops sounds back to back. One was core map, fine. The other one i cant find it. I walk like so much around the area and i have no idea what the other drop was.

It's a bug in the game engine. There's a certain range, where items make sounds twice, if they drop there. Sadly, nothing I can do about it.

"
I noticed that while tested new themes' features of FilterBlast. It now has separate selectors for preset, color and sound theme and uses such comments as color/sound theme tags (similar to Filtration theme editor). This now allows to customize your filter with such combo like "Uber-Strict" preset + "Slick" color theme + "StreamSound" sound theme.

Due that comment one breach item in preview wrongly appeared with white text, same as background. I temporarly fixed that comments in your filters' sources at Filterblast, so the proper fix can wait for your next update :)

I first was going to complain that you use comments, instead of grouping values, but:

That is actually a pretty neat feature, neat!

I'll recommend it/FilterBlast to the next person, who'll request these versions (happened before).

"
i believe the battered helm is a better base than the rest of items on your sceen. or among the highest lvl base items that can drop where you are.

The battered helmet is a great pickup at the very start. Using a few AR/EV items allows you to facetank brutus with relative ease. It's a trick several racers use.

FilterBlade will have a visual guide.

"
I found a Gutting Knife, normal quality, with a RGB link and it didn't show up for the chrome recipe.

Try the latest version, there was a bug in an older version. Also I'm going to release a new version in the coming days. That will optimize a few things for legacy.

"
Hey, just wanted to drop this by, maybe its a bug in the lootfilter? I don't know, but maybe this info helps.

FAQ page 1

-------------------

Due to the extended duration of the Legacy league, I'm going to release a set of updated filters this week. They'll be stricter, fix some very minor bugs and be adjusted for the current meta!
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
NeverSink wrote:

Due to the extended duration of the Legacy league, I'm going to release a set of updated filters this week. They'll be stricter, fix some very minor bugs and be adjusted for the current meta!

That's nice to hear. I'm using the #4 version with a few modifications to show me some targets for essences/alchs below 84.

I think there's quite some potential in re-tiering Divination Cards though that may be a shit job ;)
For example Flora's Gift seems quite useless to me. 5 cards for a 50% shot at 7 Jewelers unless I miss something. That's 0.7 Jewelers per card and Jewelers aren't even shown at all.

Also some uniques make bigger noise than poe.trade can verify. Chests especially are really only good when they come as a 5L or 6L.

I have an idea about the Headhunter dilemma:
Can you give leather belts and other base items with multiple uniques a bigger visual effect? Like an own tier that says "identify me and check poe.trade". Then I could sell every crap tier unique without bothering to do the latter. Also it wouldn't hurt to give that extra tier its own sound - or just use the Sorceror Boots one.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

That's nice to hear. I'm using the #4 version with a few modifications to show me some targets for essences/alchs below 84.

I think there's quite some potential in re-tiering Divination Cards though that may be a shit job ;)
For example Flora's Gift seems quite useless to me. 5 cards for a 50% shot at 7 Jewelers unless I miss something. That's 0.7 Jewelers per card and Jewelers aren't even shown at all.

Also some uniques make bigger noise than poe.trade can verify. Chests especially are really only good when they come as a 5L or 6L.

I have an idea about the Headhunter dilemma:
Can you give leather belts and other base items with multiple uniques a bigger visual effect? Like an own tier that says "identify me and check poe.trade". Then I could sell every crap tier unique without bothering to do the latter. Also it wouldn't hurt to give that extra tier its own sound - or just use the Sorceror Boots one.

There's a problem with sounds. A fairly exotic one.

A lot of streamers use my filter and a lot of their viewers do too. When the latter watch the former's stream, they get confused, because they're looking for items on their PoE screen, based on the streamer's sounds...

I've added a streamsound version. The streamsound version uses a different soundset. Now a lot of streamers/stream viewers use those.

That's all great and jolly... but now I'm out of sounds. There's only 9 sounds available to pick from and I've used them all.

I will consider your solution though and yes I will retier uniques/divination cards again.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
i think theres a bug or glitch. So here is why i think that. I did a t14 volcano map and i heard two OP drops sounds back to back. One was core map, fine. The other one i cant find it. I walk like so much around the area and i have no idea what the other drop was.

happens all the time it has been explained somewhere in this long thread. i don't remember why it happens but it has something to do with you moving out of the range of whatever is dropping.

ah i see i didnt know it was explained already thank you for the clarification
-edited
Last edited by nucleus on May 16, 2017, 2:27:54 PM
Hi! Great work and very useful filter you created.
I'm very new to PoE item filters so have a little question.
If i would use "regular" one, will i always see specific item: normal "Close Helmet"? Need it for a recipe
"
Agrinofeles wrote:
Hi! Great work and very useful filter you created.
I'm very new to PoE item filters so have a little question.
If i would use "regular" one, will i always see specific item: normal "Close Helmet"? Need it for a recipe

What kind of "Close Helmet" recipe? I'm not aware of one.

Or do you intend to chance it into "The Baron". If so, you'd be much better of buying the baron from a player, they're super cheap.
Yes, it was meant for Baron. And i will take your advice and buy one, thx)
Hey Neversink,

Thanks for the awesome filter, I've been using it since the day I started PoE.

I had a question regarding trying to add in specific drops. I play SSF, and I'm trying to chance a Ngamahu's Flame, so I need to pick up every Abyssal Axe above ilvl51 (for 6 socket potential).

I tried to create an additional rule in Filtration to show Abyssal Axes > ilvl 51 but it doesn't seem to work once I get past Merciless. I'm pretty sure one of your rules stops showing those normal rarity weapons after a certain level, as they aren't the highest tier of that weapon type.

Do you know where I might be able to turn that off? So I could start seeing normal rarity Abyssal Axe drops in say, T10 maps?

Or is there a place I can add Abyssal Axe to allow it to show instead of hide after a certain zone/character lvl?

Thanks!

edit: just realized you released a new version today and have it available on your new site. I'd be happy to try it out there, but any guidance you may have on the above question is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by superkegs on May 23, 2017, 7:07:43 PM
I've jsut got a magic item with a purple border. Anyone knows what it means?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info