NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

HELLO NeverSink (And everyone else)! I Love what you do for this game, it makes noobs like me understand it alot faster!

I've reached a point where i want to Edit your Filter, so that Certain White items drop.

I want the top tier Evasion items to show, Like Slink gloves & Boots, Zodiac leather ect...

I've tried fiddeling with your lootfilter code, and have followed the Example from your Q&A "I wanna cange C Base" section. But i think i am doing it wrong.

I know NOTHING about coding, so i humbly ask for anyones help. here is what i am trying to write,

#$chancing, top %D2
BaseType "Sorcerer Boots"
"Zodiac Leather" "Slink Boots" "Slink Gloves" "Gripped Gloves" Rarity Normal
SetTextColor 255 255 255 255
SetBorderColor 0 210 0 210
SetFontSize 38
PlayAlertSound 7

This is exactly the way i write it into the filter code, but when i start the game it saysa "Failed to load filter. Line 2768: Unknown rule type "Zodiac".

What am i doing wrong? :((

In advance, Thanks a MILLION to anyone who can provide me with some help!

Best of regards <3
Last edited by Bloodstoner90 on Nov 13, 2016, 9:18:18 PM
What is causing this

Spoiler

Its happening with Skill Gems and Certain yellow items.
"
Derpking69 wrote:
What is causing this

Spoiler

Its happening with Skill Gems and Certain yellow items.

Seems similar to a problem I'm experiencing lately, just posted about it in the bug forum as my first thought was it has to be a bug given that I haven't updated my neversink's in a while and it's only recently turned out this way.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1767417
"
Bloodstoner90 wrote:
HELLO NeverSink (And everyone else)! I Love what you do for this game, it makes noobs like me understand it alot faster!

I've reached a point where i want to Edit your Filter, so that Certain White items drop.

I want the top tier Evasion items to show, Like Slink gloves & Boots, Zodiac leather ect...

I've tried fiddeling with your lootfilter code, and have followed the Example from your Q&A "I wanna cange C Base" section. But i think i am doing it wrong.

I know NOTHING about coding, so i humbly ask for anyones help. here is what i am trying to write,

#$chancing, top %D2
SetFontSize 38
PlayAlertSound 7

This is exactly the way i write it into the filter code, but when i start the game it saysa "Failed to load filter. Line 2768: Unknown rule type "Zodiac".

Best of regards <3

First of all: Have you kept to "SHOW" before the "#$chancing, top %D2"?

The way you've written it you are starting a new line before "Zodiac Leather", which the filter tries to interpret as a new command. All your item bases in quotes should be on the same line as the BaseType specifier, only seperated by spaces.
"Rarity Normal" should then be on the next line.

Generally speaking: start your lines with the "command" (like BaseType, Rarity, SetTextColor etc.) followed by the specifiers. Use spaces to seperate multiple specifiers.

Edits: some spelling corrections
Last edited by Kawaiser on Nov 16, 2016, 6:36:01 AM
"
zaregu wrote:
Hi NeverSink. First off all, i wona say thenkyou for this great filter & for your job.

What do thous new "information line's" mean ?

Thnx for ansver & sorry for my bad english.

Those are identifiers that describe the rare parsing section and classify the rares.
I'll try to make them a bit more understandable in the coming update, that being said, I'm not aiming to deliver 100% filtration support, due to the fact that it removes comment/structure.

"
#$chancing, top %D2
SetFontSize 38
PlayAlertSound 7

What Kawaiser said - also change it to:

#$chancing, top %D2
BaseType "Sorcerer Boots" "Zodiac Leather" "Slink Boots" "Slink Gloves" "Gripped Gloves"
Rarity Normal
SetFontSize 38
PlayAlertSound 7

"
Seems similar to a problem I'm experiencing lately, just posted about it in the bug forum as my first thought was it has to be a bug given that I haven't updated my neversink's in a while and it's only recently turned out this way.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1767417

Please read the FAQ on page 1. There's quite a bit of detail on this issue.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Hi...i use the regular version of neversink...why the filter hide me everything?
"
Manaio wrote:
Hi...i use the regular version of neversink...why the filter hide me everything?

Try clicking Z
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
i just downloaded the files and nothing is showing up i never had an issue in the past anyone else struggling to use the filters?
"
Kawaiser wrote:
"
Bloodstoner90 wrote:

#$chancing, top %D2
SetFontSize 38
PlayAlertSound 7

Best of regards <3

First of all: Have you kept to "SHOW" before the "#$chancing, top %D2"?

The way you've written it you are starting a new line before "Zodiac Leather", which the filter tries to interpret as a new command. All your item bases in quotes should be on the same line as the BaseType specifier, only seperated by spaces.
"Rarity Normal" should then be on the next line.

Generally speaking: start your lines with the "command" (like BaseType, Rarity, SetTextColor etc.) followed by the specifiers. Use spaces to seperate multiple specifiers.

Edits: some spelling corrections

RIGHT Kawaiser, Thank you foryour answer :) It seems wierd that it would do that, becuase i've edited it in 'Notepad', and thats is just one big line. i pressed space when i wrote those things (Dunno who it shows as a new line of coding here).

How can i distinguish if it starts a new line, or continues the same, when the line is a million kilometers long in notepad?

Thanks for your time Kawaiser!
When i tried to install the lootfilter there was no Path of Exile folder in My games. so i made one and put the files there. That didn't help, so when i went into the game and pressed show folder it said it couldn't find the location which was something like C:\windows\system32\systemprofile\users\username\My docoments\my Games\Path of exile. So i went there too and found no my games or path of exile folders so i created them and put the lootfilter files there, but still no luck. Only thing that changed was that the show folder button in the ui tab ingame opened the folder i had created and showed the lootfilter files, but it doesn't show in the dropdown list. Anyone know how to fix this?

I should add that my system drive suddenly started acting weird one day. It had changed my setup, my desktop had changed and things had been moved around to seemingly random folders. Everything was still there after i searched for it and all my programs were still working, so this may be a special kinda problem all my own. I'm gonna reformat and install windows again tho, but because of stuff i won't bore you with, that might take a little while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info