NeverSink's LOOTFILTER v8.13.x♦ in-depth ♦ endgame+leveling 2in1 ♦ user-friendly ♦ SC/HC versions

"
dime wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

I've been trying out a purple tint. It looks fine, but I think the grey one is way more neutral, so I'll likely keep it. I might give purple another try though, what color values do you have in mind?

I thought "dark magenta" looked best...

darkmagenta #8B008B rgb(139,0,139)
purple #800080 rgb(128,0,128)
indigo #4B0082 rgb(75,0,130)

My eyes tend to divert from the light/white backgrounds you use and I found this to be better, way more obvious what the item is being displayed for and differentiates it from the quality loot.

I've been playing this game a long time and have quite honestly never heard of someone seeking out base crafting items. Maybe a Harbringer if you are playing a bow char yourself or something, but otherwise just wait until a 6s drops. If you do a few high quantity maps it quickly becomes more trash. My preference is to have them in the script, but commented out by default, and those that want the items can just uncomment the sections. Same goes for chancing bases, for me anyway. I just think it is odd to have these randomly displaying by default.

Tried dark magenta out for a bit. Nope. Way too many colors.

My logic is to keep the item number down to a point, where the screen is still clean. The very few white that are still displayed don't change that, even in MF parties.

I'll filter out the maraketh weapons at some point, once the hype will settle, which will reduce the number of white items by 60-75%.

I'm rather certain, that the majority of players prefer to see the most popular chance bases. Besides not showing something a player expects, is a much bigger problem than the reversed scenario.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jun 3, 2015, 11:04:26 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:
My logic is to keep the item number down to a point, where the screen is still clean. The very few white that are still displayed don't change that, even in MF parties.

I'll filter out the maraketh weapons at some point, once the hype will settle, which will reduce the number of white items by 60-75%.

I'm rather certain, that the majority of players prefer to see the most popular chance bases. Besides not showing something a player expects, is a much bigger problem than the reversed scenario.

I guess I'm of the mindset that I only want to see what I should pick up, I'll make my own filter then.
IGN @dime
"
dime wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

I guess I'm of the mindset that I only want to see what I should pick up, I'll make my own filter then.

Optionally you can also comment out the 3 lines that you don't like (maraketh, chances, crafting), but sure. Thank you for the feedback.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jun 4, 2015, 4:17:14 AM
Thank you very much!
Hi Mr Neversink, thank you for the loot filter you created, i am loving it.

I am afraid though to miss divination cards , they would be hidden right now , wouldn't they?
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Jun 16, 2015, 1:51:19 AM
"
KikosLive wrote:
Hi Mr Neversink, thank you for the loot filter you created, i am loving it.

I am afraid though to miss divination cards , they would be hidden right now , wouldn't they?

I've added them now. Filter updated and uploaded.
Awesome thank you
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Thank you!
Yours is pretty much the best out there.

Colors are perfect, it doesn't hurt your eyes but you don't miss items either.
Filters out trash items pretty well.
It's also pretty well designed, document-wise, so it's quite easy to tweak.

Overall looks pretty nice and clean. Loving it so far. Big kudos.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
NeverSink, in 1.8 the div cards are still commented out. Also they should be capitalized. Of course, I could be wrong, I'm low on sleep!
Last edited by FeralGoddess on Jun 17, 2015, 2:05:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info