Maraketh Weapons

"
dlrr wrote:
Given the lovely Asian flavour of these weapons and an apparent obsession on this thread for crossbows, please allow me to divert your attention to the Chinese repeating crossbow...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow

You're welcome

So who wants a 2h bow with decent attack speed, low damage and terrible accuracy? Screams RT with a stacking debuff like viper strike.
I can finally cosplay as kabal now
But Chris we already have Maraketh weapons!

Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Game feedback on the claw: Will you guys be leaving it at 6 life and mana leech for the Cruel version too, or will it be buffed? 6 does not seem good enough for the 50-60+ range you guys might be shooting for to end Cruel at. 12 seems the most natural to go for with Cruel. Having it be a percentage for Merciless might be interesting regarding the mana leech but it seems we'll have to see how that handles in the beta if it's put in, won't we? It could start some new and interesting builds at any rate.

Art feedback on the claw: It reminds me of a couple Klingon weapons. Good because it looks dangerous and interesting, but bad in the sense that the handle doesn't look thick enough to be properly and comfortably gripped. Trying to grip a flat piece of metal, even if it's wrapped in some leather, doesn't work well. Knives have proper handles for a reason, as do swords and every other practical weapon. Would the aesthetic of a riveted wood handle work there instead of a leather wrap? Or at least thicker and rounded metal and then leather around that?

They aren't Klingon weapons. Those are Chinese weapons. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Horn_Knives
Yeah, kids: this is why you shouldn't skip the school trips to the museum... ;-)
Last edited by Alysma on Apr 14, 2015, 2:05:23 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Andrew676 wrote:
4% block on Dagger ? this is joke...

Believe it or not small blades make some of the best blocking weapons. You dont wait until someone is swinging with their weapon and place it in front of it(you dodge those), you proactively lock their weapon back. And best of all the small blade is ideal in close up combat for sliding it inbetween pieces of armor.

Big swords and maces are phallic symbols for royalty. Not well suited to actual combat. The short sword is king of melee.

Disagree to some extent. You ever tried to melee someone weilding an axe? You don't dare try and get close to some fucker with a halberd, let me tell you ._. Plate armor won't save you against one of those suckers...
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
4% at that 2h mace? Make it at least 10% please
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
TikoXi wrote:

Disagree to some extent. You ever tried to melee someone weilding an axe? You don't dare try and get close to some fucker with a halberd, let me tell you ._. Plate armor won't save you against one of those suckers...

Getting near them is EXACTLY what you want to do. That halberd is useless within 2 feet. Goad them into swinging then slide up real nice and close and show them size isnt anything when it comes to edges and points.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
Marxone wrote:
with the existence of 70lvl base 2H with 50% crit multi , i assume that these "bases" implicit mods are not perfect rolls. Wand with 5% cast speed is OP OP anyway.

How is 5% cast speed implicit OP OP compared to a 20% spell damage one?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
"
NobodySuper wrote:

Spear should be like in some other rpgs. Pierce damage-percentage of the damage is not reduced by defenses. It kinda makes sense cause that's what spear are for. Stabbing not hitting and cutting armor. New build mechanics are always good.

Sounds good, but what is armor pierce? Just more damage. So it's not so cool as it's sounds.
Alike Thrusting swords it should have some mechanics base on crit. Pirce damage is so harmfull as slash from Axe, but if hit in right place... So it just can have an incr.crit chance, but not global. And passives from stuffs need to also effect on spear. (Hope, you understand me - english is not my native)))
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Last edited by Radonegskyprotiv on Apr 14, 2015, 2:38:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info