Maraketh Weapons

"
Aeotax wrote:
is that first weapon a nod to some recently deceased vulcan?
cause it looks like a star trek lirpa a lot. love it.

All these are based on(actually looks like exact copies) of real weapons, except maybe the dagger axe. The one you are referring to is a monk's spade.

Edit: Apparently dagger axe is a real thing too ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagger-axe
Last edited by Khisanth on Apr 15, 2015, 1:25:45 PM
finally more 'white' items..
Katana build incoming :) so badass
I really like these additions, I like that they are different and lend themselves to trying something new. After years of playing it is refreshing to see some new mods on weapons.

To those making comments on how bad some of these mods are, AoE, Global Defense, Block. Keep a couple things in mind

1.We really have no idea how good these could possibly be. They have already said there is a lot of melee changes incoming and also that Armour is getting some much needed love. It could be passive boosts,maybe armour:phys reduction % will change, it could be flat out mechanics changes to the way the game runs it's checks, but we really do not know. I would suggest waiting to see the full scope of incoming game changes before we judge the new mods to harshly based on the current game passive tree & mechanics.

2. These are samples of the mods on the lowest tier's of the weapons. They have said that the highest tier will be increased but we really do not know if these are static or have a large range. We could assume all we want but until they say it we do not know. Maybe the AoE is the lowest roll in a much larger range that can go up to lets say 15%. Even if it isn't that high isn't some extra AoE better to some builds then the boring increased stun duration on every other 2hnd mace?

Anywho, just my personal opinions. I can't wait to see all of this in action!
Wow! I love that hook sword! Makes me think of Kabal in Mortal Kombat :P
The hooksword & daggeraxe look fun and dangerous!
"
Chameleon wrote:
Still waiting for Crossbows. >_>

Still waiting for Javelins... Lightning Fury pliz :(
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Can we make all the classes hold the twohanded sword how the witch holds the twohanded sword? Lol...

GGG, you're basically forcing me to make a two-handed melee witch!! I'm not even mad about it! It's gonna be fun!! *channels the inner samurai*

What about armors? Will there be a Maraketh armors and shields?
the 2 most overpowered items in these are the block dagger and mana lgoh claw.

getting any block from an offensive weapon is about the same as spending 10 points on the tree to get the same numbers. its gonna get better too with higher ilvl hopefully...that could lead up to 8-10 block!!!!! holy shite!!

the mana/lgoh claw is so rediculous. with elreon jewels u could easily create a 0 mana cost EB with the highest mana cost skills ingame and gain 40% EHP with one unique!!!! just stack attack speed...

claw makes soul taker worth 1/3 of its orginal value LOL>>>JUST LOL!!!

i have another base item type for GGG...

SHEATH

STR/INT/DEX requirements(all 3 stats)

i would create a base item type "sheath" used in offhand or quiver slot.

-str dex int requirements using all 3 stats. (highest stat determining highest base value)
-has lowest base defensive values of any shield with ar\ev\es
-has the capability to use quiver or shield affixes.
-has the capability to use global affix. %leech, %increased maximum
-can only roll 1/4 less of every mod from those base item types

-can be used as a quiver or shield.

alot of uniques being created atm have the same base abilities a sheath would have. hybrid rolls from 2 separate item types.

examples:
Maligaro's Lens
Rearguard
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Apr 20, 2015, 2:52:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info