Desync Will Be Fixed !

Consistent 8-16ms.

Deterministic Lockstep is magical.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Yikes! Substitute Guestimate for Predictive and that would be a more accurate word to describe how it predictably failed to work. My low ping times couldn't save me from high desync. And high speed movement just exacerbates the problem! Thankfully early reports on the new D.L. netcode are mostly favorable. There will be a collective sigh of relief and an overall "well it's about damn time" when PoE 2.0 goes gold and this will be the norm.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Played with lockstep the last two days.

10/10 feels like a new game
would lockstep again..
I don't understand why some of you are gushing over lockstep.

Predictive is better, there is no input delay. (I even notice it under 60ms). Input delay is the worse thing in online games.

They have definitely improved Predictive. I haven't desynced since I have been testing.

Predictive is superior, Thank god they are giving us a choice.
"
diernes wrote:

Predictive is better, there is no input delay. (I even notice it under 60ms). Input delay is the worse thing in online games.

They have definitely improved Predictive. I haven't desynced since I have been testing.

Why not praise both? And I agree, predictive is really good now.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
diernes wrote:

a tiny bit of input delay wont kill me a big desync will

Lockstep FTW

also it is good that there is a choice for the laggy folks
I dont see any any key!
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Won't be any lag if people have good internet right? I mean at least not noticeable, with someone under 100ms latency , I wouldn't think there would be much lag drawback from that...but maybe I am clueless...cause I would assume it would only be "trading a problem for a problem" for people with whacked up nets! ...but again maybe im clueless...

It really depends on you. I know people who play at 150 ms and are fine with the lag. My personal treshhold is around 50 ms, everything above that and I feel like the delay is too long and the game feels clunky.

i used to play Team Fortress Classic on a dial up modem with an average lag of probably 500ms and i was good at it. the thing is as long as lag is consistent you can learn to adjust for it. Even at 500ms lag i could snipe with the best of them because i learned how to lead my targets. it was just lag things still happened like you would think there was just a short delay so playing was still possible ulike with desync.

anyway, enough bragging. reading this thread makes me very happy. looking forward to this going live. I have been itching to play some more arpg goodness anyway after a long break.
All hail lockstep!
I dont see any any key!
I saw 4 streamers desync in lockstep mode , so yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up too much .
R.I.P 4.B.
I actually think GGG take the load text "There will be bugs" quite seriously and take great effort in introducing new bugs all the time :^)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info